Tyrod Trade Value This Offseason

wppete

On 12/12/2017 at 10:23 AM, wppete said:

Since the benching of Tyrod a few weeks back there has been discussion online and on networks that the Bills can trade Tyrod this offseason. If possible what would the value for Tyrod be? What can we get in return for Tyrod in a trade? A 4th round pick for a potential starting QB? 

if you can get a ham sandwich, you take it.

14 hours ago, paulbills said:

I can think of 3 teams that he could be the starter on right now, never mind after the season is over. He is not going to be a backup unless he goes to a team that already has their established starter.

It's not even based on whether he is good enough or not to be a starter wherever he goes, it's the fact that he is just flat out better than a lot of guys playing right now, for teams like the Browns, Cardinals and Texans he would be an instant upgrade.

I have no doubt a team will gamble on Tyrod. I'd say there's a 75% chance that Tyrod will start for whichever team picks him up next year.

you think the Texans would take him over Watson? Cmon.And ain't no way Browns will see Tyrod as an upgrade of Kizer, let alone whoever the pick first in the draft.

Cardinals like Gabbert, don't think they take Tyrod over him either.

And Bortles is even making progress under Saint Doug, so think that option is gone as well.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Erm, when was Tyrod a FA last year?

He was not an FA but the Bills were not picking up the option last offseason and instead he took a big pay cut.  His agent was shopping him.

"The pay cut suggests Taylor did not believe he could receive a better deal from another team if he had been released by the Bills. Taylor said last week his agent, Adisa Bakari, spoke informally with "a few teams" at the NFL combine earlier this month and after doing so, they decided to accept the reduced deal from Buffalo."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18905240/tyrod-taylor-restructured-deal-amounts-10m-pay-cut