Tyrod Trade Value This Offseason

wppete

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Wrong offensive scheme and there's not enough around him.  That's not to slight the Bills, but Tyrod needs as much help as he can get.

I can understand that. Just have to wait and see what he does with the next team. I won't be to happy if we couldn't make him a success in Buffalo but the next team can.

3 hours ago, PIP said:

Nothing Ziltch

I think that is true, but not because teams won't be interested in signing TT.

The Bills owe Taylor a $6M roster bonus at the start of the league season.  Why would Bills pay it then eat the bonus by trading him?  Certainly not worth it for a late round pick.

So teams will say, "we just wait for TT to be cut then we sign him".

Now if there is some "out" clause where the Bills can sign him and trade him before the bonus comes due, perhaps, but then you gotta ask what teams will see him as worth $16-17M?

This will be an interesting offseason for Tyrod.  I think there is possibility of still being in Buffalo as the backup, especially if the Bills draft a guy like Lamar (not predicting we will, but still is possibility).  

But ultimately I think its more likely he is traded or cut.  The problem with the trade market is that most teams will assume we are going to cut him, so will be hard to entice a trade if they think they can get him for nothing.  Then again, if a team wants him like say Denver, they may pull the trigger to assure they get him too.  

Last year, Tyrod I think would have been the top FA QB to sign in he marketplace, but this year should be a bit more crowded.  Possible Alex Smith is on the market along with at least one of the Vikings guys (Bridgewater, Keenum, Bradford) if not 2 of them, as well as the unresolved Cousins and Eli situations that could impact it.  And there are a few other possibilities too of some vets or young guys.  

So while he absolutely has trade value, the Bills have almost no leverage this time around to get value out of him.  I think he either remains a Bill to keep seat warm for what ever rookie we draft or he is cut.  If we do trade him, I think Denver is the clearly the more likely landing spot and I would suspect a 4th is best we could do but likely would be lower pick than that given we have no leverage.

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Have him autograph it for me and we got a deal.

No way Buffalo gets anything in return for Tyrod.  They will release him and he will likely be a backup somewhere.

Tyrod will start in this league next year. I'd put money on it

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Tyrod will start in this league next year. I'd put money on it

He may start some games next season, but I don’t think he will start out as any team’s “guy.”  I suppose I could also see him as a placeholder for a team who drafts a QB early in round 1.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He may start some games next season, but I don’t think he will start out as any team’s “guy.”  I suppose I could also see him as a placeholder for a team who drafts a QB early in round 1.

Which would make him a starter...

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

There's a bunch available too.  Keenum, bradford, mccown are all UFAs.  Then you have Smith who may get cut, or cousins if you wanna pay a ton.  

I'd be fine with Bradford, if we also draft someone.

Honestly though if we were going to roll with Bradford I'd rather just let the rookie start from day 1. There's a real good chance at some point Bradford will miss games forcing the new guy to start.  So why not let him get all the 1st team reps and make him as ready as possible? 

16 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Which would make him a starter...

Technically, just as you might consider Tom Savage as “a starter.”  My opinion remains that I don’t believe that any team will bring Tyrod in to be “their guy.”  With all the other options in FA, and a seemingly QB rich draft, I just don’t see it happening.

The book is out on Tyrod.  If you keep him in the pocket and make him play QB, he isn’t able to play QB.  No bueno.

In a QB-driven league, someone out there sees Tyrod as a QB who could potentially succeed in the right scheme. But given the uncertainty of that, plus the fact that he's only under contract for one more year, PLUS the fact that if the Bills want to move in another direction then they're likely to cut him in the offseason, I don't see anyone giving us more than a late-round pick - maybe a 5th if we're lucky.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Personally I think $18 million is too much for insurance.

Oh, damn, I had the years flipped around in my head. I thought next year he only counted $9,000,000 against the cap. Yeah, he's gone one way or another. He will NEVER see that $6,000,000 roster bonus. 

Edited by H2o

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Oh, damn, I had the years flipped around in my head. I thought next year he only counted $9,000,000 against the cap. Yeah, he's gone one way or another. He will NEVER see that $6,000,000 roster bonus. 

I was gonna say no way they keep him around as insurance at what he is gonna make next year.....that is low end starter money.

I think Peterman was drafted with the intent that he would hold the clipboard.

6 hours ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

Anyone that traded for him would have to have a restructured contract for Taylor before the trade went through. They would only do that if they were afraid to see him hit the open market which is slim based on his performance. If that transpired Beane would do it for a box of donuts.

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I figured you didn't think it was $18 million.

I think Bills Pimpin' is totally right.  It's the only way we could trade.

....if Dennison has pretty much telegraphed that TT won't be here next year and McD/Beane buy in, why would you give up a pick versus waiting for his release?....roster bonus due in early March 2018 is your lynch pin.....leaves you plenty of time  to set up your camp 90.......

6 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If a team really wants him I could see a 7th rounder, maybe a 6th if lucky.

But in reality teams typically don't trade for players they know are going to be released outright anyway.

Yea, a team is going to trade for a 2018 16M contract attached to a backup. All my sources agree it ain't happening.

And a reason for concern.