Tyrod Trade Value This Offseason

wppete

1 minute ago, BisonMan said:

We'll have to release him. His contract for next year is waaaay to high for a backup or marginal starter in this league. I think his salary with roster and signing bonus remaining is ~$17M. Nobody will take his contract and give the Bills a draft pick. Anybody could sign him for less than that once he becomes a UFA.

Anyone that traded for him would have to have a restructured contract for Taylor before the trade went through. They would only do that if they were afraid to see him hit the open market which is slim based on his performance. If that transpired Beane would do it for a box of donuts.

I think his only real value is on a team that will draft a QB in the upcoming draft if they'd like to have a security blanket in the event they want a vet there to play before the rookie is ready. 

The teams likely to draft a QB are the Browns,  Cardinals,  Jets,  Broncos - possibly the Giants and Redskins.  

Browns probably stick with Kizer as that option,  Cards have Palmer for one more year,  Jets are a possibility but would likely sign McCown ,  Broncos - maybe,  Giants - maybe, Redskins - maybe.  

Edited by White Linen

Just now, White Linen said:

I think his only real value is on a team that will draft a QB in the upcoming draft if they'd like to have a security blanket in the even the rookie isn't ready. 

The teams likely to draft a QB are the Browns,  Cardinals,  Jets,  Broncos - possibly the Giants and Redskins.  

Browns probably stick with Kizer as that option,  Cards have Palmer for one more year,  Jets are a possibility but would likely sign McCown ,  Broncos - maybe,  Giants - maybe, Redskins - maybe.  

I heard the Bills would be drafting a QB as well and will need a bridge.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Since the benching of Tyrod a few weeks back there has been discussion online and on networks that the Bills can trade Tyrod this offseason. If possible what would the value for Tyrod be? What can we get in return for Tyrod in a trade? A 4th round pick for a potential starting QB? 

If a team really wants him I could see a 7th rounder, maybe a 6th if lucky.

But in reality teams typically don't trade for players they know are going to be released outright anyway.

Interesting topic.....do we want the Bills going into next season with Peterman plus a first round pick at QB........headed into Denver's hole that way.  Need a TT or Josh McCowen type...to stabalize.........btw, who knew McCowen could play as well has he did this year for Jets?  (out for season now)

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Nothing. He was open to sign with anyone last off season and came back here for less money. Contemplate that

I think that was a money issue.  He would've had a job, and seeing how many lousy QBs have started so far this year - he'd have started some games.

Yates is currently starting for Houston - we couldn't cut him fast enough.

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

Interesting topic.....do we want the Bills going into next season with Peterman plus a first round pick at QB........headed into Denver's hole that way.  Need a TT or Josh McCowen type...to stabalize.........btw, who knew McCowen could play as well has he did this year for Jets?  (out for season now)

There's a bunch available too.  Keenum, bradford, mccown are all UFAs.  Then you have Smith who may get cut, or cousins if you wanna pay a ton.  

I'd be fine with Bradford, if we also draft someone.