Marshall Faulk, 2 others suspended from NFL Network.

jaybee

15 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

How?  Ever been accused of something you didn't do, something that there is no way to disprove or prove, something that was blown up by the media and poor policy on something that's very terrible?  Yeah, once that happens... You can't prove anything to anyone until you get to know them... And guess what nobody wants to get to know that guy

Sooh, it's okay because you're not sending them to jail... But we are potentially destroying lives, marriages, careers, families, Etc. And that's okay?

No. I haven't been accused of something I didn't do.

And yes, if someone is being falsely accused and wants to defend themself go ahead and do so. If you've got nothing to hide it shouldn't be a big deal.  

Edited by jrober38

34 minutes ago, Augie said:

This whole thing is just awful. No woman should be harassed, and no guy should have to run the risk of being ruined by a false accusation, especially now that it’s so in the news - which may just give some people the idea. There are enough guilty idiots out there to make it almost seem like a normal way of life. Disgusting. 

I have a buddy who coaches a girls high school tennis team. These young ladies can be emotional and hormonal, like all teenagers. I keep telling him “NEVER be alone with any one girl”. He tries hard to live by that, but it still worries him to some degree, and that’s too bad it has to be that way. All it takes is one girl to get upset, maybe from some sensitivity to constructive coaching, or losing her position to another girl....who knows what could set it off. High school girls is a whole new level of trouble! YIKES! 

I could not agree more.  This going to prove the death of adults coaching kids of all ages.  Nobody is going to want to 'expose' themselves to this sort of accusation trauma.  And, I'm not sure where the end game is for women.  If this keeps up, no male employer is going to hire young women to do anything!

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

And yes, if someone is being falsely accused and wants to defend themself go ahead and do so. If you've got nothing to hide it shouldn't be a big deal.  

Rober....let me guess.....you are not an employer!  Right?

Holy crap.  There is so much testosterone pulsating through this thread and it's almost as if it's making people stupid.

Do you guys know how absolutely imbecilic you sound talking about your "T"?  If someone was chilling with my group of friends and said that, we'd laugh them out of town.  

This thread is dripping with examples of why the accussed don't come forward right away, and the worst part is that you guys don't even realize it.  

The best way to fix the "problem" of accusers coming out years down the road is to bring down as many of these sexual predators as possible in the public's eye and thereby create a culture where coming forward is acceptable rather than immediately showered with skepticism and doubt.

Those who say "innocent until proven guilty" must not understand that it's not as if Matt Lauer was fired immediately after one accuser came forward.  There was an investigation, a "process" (thanks McD), and that process played out behind closed doors until there was sufficient belief to proceed with the termination.  That's probably what will happen with these NFLN guys.  

It's not like there is this wave of thousands of innocent men having their lives destroyed by this orchestrated effort from a group of hateful women.  Some men's lives are getting destroyed, but so far all I'm seeing are men who had it a long time coming.  

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Capco said:

Holy crap.  There is so much testosterone pulsating through this thread and it's almost as if it's making people stupid.

Do you guys know how absolutely imbecilic you sound talking about your "T"?  If someone was chilling with my group of friends and said that, we'd laugh them out of town.  

This thread is dripping with examples of why the accussed don't come forward right away, and the worst part is that you guys don't even realize it.  

The best way to fix the "problem" of accusers coming out years down the road is to bring down as many of these sexual predators as possible in the public's eye and thereby create a culture where coming forward is acceptable rather than immediately showered with skepticism and doubt.

Those who say "innocent until proven guilty" must not understand that it's not as if Matt Lauer was fired immediately after one accuser came forward.  There was an investigation, a "process" (thanks McD), and that process played out behind closed doors until there was sufficient belief to proceed with the termination.  That's probably what will happen with these NFLN guys.  

It's not like there is this wave of thousands of innocent men having their lives destroyed by this orchestrated effort from a group of hateful women.  Some men's lives are getting destroyed, but so far all I'm seeing are men who had it a long time coming.  

That's a very nice speech, and I know that much of it is both heart felt and truthful.  But fortunately we don't live in a society that rests its moorings in the concept of 'he had it coming to him'.  Thank God.

But I was just reaching for the light switch.......coffee.....magazine.......your breasts ;)

Capco lighten up a little,who really cares?

This seems like an attention getting money grab from a disgruntled ex employee.

6 minutes ago, Capco said:

Great post. 

17 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

And what if it is none of their business?  What if someone doesn't understand?

What if they attempt to prove themselves and the damage is done?

A coach fired, a program ruined, team members thrown out of school, etc

Because by your logic, damn good thing it's not a big deal to those boys at Duke Lacrosse

9 minutes ago, Capco said:

Woah, cool kid. Can I sit with you on the bus tomorrow to school?

Your insane argument isn't ground breaking

Your case of Matt layer is idiotic. He's Matt layer.  He was yuge. Bigly even. If it was the aide to his makeup assistant being accused they're fired on the spot. If it was anyone else of non celebrated status it's a whole different story.

And even then, that whole situation ... The story ...  From 3o years ago.  It's bull ****.

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

1,000 monkeys with a type writer could type the same research or contrary research.

Psychobabble is just that.

2017: the year in which women made men in to pussies and continued the pussification of this country.

It's not an easy topic to counter. If you disagree with a woman wearing a pink hat you'll be deemed intolerant and a Nazi.  If you do any one little thing the wack pack of feminists disagree with you'll be burned alive.

That's why I go on the offensive with women and say the most outright outrageous things.  It works. 

Yes.  

Say a person grows up tough on the streets and thinks violence and aggression is a way of life to assert a dominant role and not be victimized. 

That's no different.   See?

Come on, you're a Johnny Reb farm boy and you're this afraid of women? Must say I'm surprised.

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Woah, cool kid. Can I sit with you on the bus tomorrow to school?

Your insane argument isn't ground breaking

Your case of Matt layer is idiotic. He's Matt layer.  He was yuge. Bigly even. If it was the aide to his makeup assistant being accused they're fired on the spot. If it was anyone else of non celebrated status it's a whole different story.

And even then, that whole situation ... The story ...  From 3o years ago.  It's bull ****.

Brownie points for using yuge and bigly.  Unfortunately, you're wrong.  

So, how's your T doing?  

8 minutes ago, Capco said:

...power corrupts my friend.....and I'm sure what is coming forward today is as a result of power and intimidation with women in the workplace...we've often heard about "sleeping your way to the top" which may be outside of the current purview of revelations......and there will be good lawsuits versus bad lawsuits in this litigious society.....imagine if at the company Christmas party 20 years ago you made what you thought was an innocent joking comment to a co-worker, about "wow nice butt" and that was where you ended it?......that perceived innocence constitutes sexual harassment in the work place....another key ingredient is how far back can an accuser go?.....10, 15, 20 25 years?.....get a parasitic lawyer like Gloria Alred who says it took her client (your accuser) 20 years to muster up the gumption to "come forward".....think you'd get an impartial jury in today's climate?......opt for the needle..

4 minutes ago, Capco said:

Brownie points for using yuge and bigly.  Unfortunately, you're wrong.  

So, how's your T doing?  

That's funny you say that, my friend and I are Snapchatting about this as we speak, would you like to be included?   

The only Thing in my life is Christ son

3 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No.  They don't deserve to be believed.

The justness of the process is more important than individual outcomes, and you're seeking to create a system of unequal rights in which men are subjugated to women.

It is better to have a system in which all individuals are responsible for their own choices, and we err on the side of not destroying the lives of the innocent than to have a system in which one group of people have carte blanche to destroy anyone they want within another group with nothing more than their say so.

I'm older than a lot of people around here but I'll still bet there are many who remember that even into the 1960s, a woman couldn't open a bank account without the approval of her father or husband, couldn't have a credit card, couldn't enter into a contract without her husband or father's approval, were openly kept out of many professions quite legally and, when allowed into a profession, were kept in certain non-competitive sub-categories. If they entered the military, they were largely restricted to secretarial or nursing jobs. No way were they going to drive a truck, fly a plane or pull a trigger. And no way were they ever going to get high rank. The same thing was largely true in medicine, the law, university professorships.

I spent a lot of my adult life in entertainment as a writer, producer, manager, etc. There were almost no women among session musicians, TV bands, etc. I never worked with a woman producer in music. There were almost no women in the Writers Guild or the Directors Guild. Of all the music, television and movie execs and agents, if there were women in those positions up to the mid to late 70s, they must have been invisible because I never met one. So when you fear that women are creating an "unfair to men" situation, remember that they weren't the first one's to do it.

Edited by yungmack

15 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Come on, you're a Johnny Reb farm boy and you're this afraid of women? Must say I'm surprised.

Why do people take me seriously? 

I'm hardly country.  Begrudgingly becoming more so. I'm not at all close to Johnny Reb.  I just enjoy the luaghs to myself most of the time

I'm not scared of women. I'm scared of nothing actually. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Apparently the concept of innocent until PROVEN guilty is no longer taught in schools.

As a company Owner myself I hear you!  Now what happens to you, if after living by your own rules, one or more of these catty immature 'ladies' comes after you with an allegation something like FORTY YEARS after the alleged incident?  Apparently the today's answer is......You're Screwed!

Nope.  Not screwed.  Covered, thanks to my practices.  And I'd be able to deny any such allegations, unlike these celebs who've been accused.

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...power corrupts my friend.....and I'm sure what is coming forward today is as a result of power and intimidation with women in the workplace...we've often heard about "sleeping your way to the top" which may be outside of the current purview of revelations......and there will be good lawsuits versus bad lawsuits in this litigious society.....imagine if at the company Christmas party 20 years ago you made what you thought was an innocent joking comment to a co-worker, about "wow nice butt" and that was where you ended it?......that perceived innocence constitutes sexual harassment in the work place....another key ingredient is how far back can an accuser go?.....10, 15, 20 25 years?.....get a parasitic lawyer like Gloria Alred who says it took her client (your accuser) 20 years to muster up the gumption to "come forward".....think you'd get an impartial jury in today's climate?......opt for the needle..

Afaik, there is a statute of limitations on sexual harrassment in every state.  They will never see a day in jail.  A civil case is a different matter, but such a thing involves a lot more than "he said, she said" testimonies from the accuser and the accused.  

2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

And defamation cases are difficult to win because you have the burden of proving a negative, litigation is expensive, and even if you win you may never collect if the respondent doesn't have much in the way of assets.

As someone who is something of a  expert in defamation law, having worked as a lawyer and a journalist and then as a legislator involved in reforming the UK's defamation law I have to say, and maybe am bound to say, that I think the balance of US defamation law is slightly off. The presumption in favour of free speech is, in my opinion, prohibitive for those attempting to restore or protect reputation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Again, I will never condone any of the treatment that some of these women are subjected to. It can NOT be allowed. At the same time, this kind of stuff can be used as a weapon in the workforce. My wife manages an eclectic group of professionals. She has young 20 somethings out of college, and some experienced people in the 50’s and 60’s. One day the 20 somethings were standing around talking about who was older when a guy in his 50’s made a joking comment implying he was only slightly older. A lady of about the same age took offense, because she felt he was implying she was the old one in the group. It was a JOKE, but they were far from best of friends, and she immediately went to the “I can get you fired for that” card. 

After bringing HR into the picture, he learned that he needs to watch his words more carefully. And SHE learned that trying to leverage something fairly innocent into a threat to get someone fired is also a problem. It turned into a big stinking deal because someone was sensitive and had an agenda. And that was just age. Sexual harassment is a few rungs up the ladder. 

Women in the workplace are nothing but trouble.  I work in an engineering office comprised mostly of men, over the last 5 years more women have been introduced into the office.  What was once a great place to work, has kind of turned into a funeral home, it sucks.  It was much better when it was 100% men.  The women can't seem to get along with one another, and all the men are deathly afraid to say the wrong thing.

My job is mentally demanding, and the levity the office lost has hurt the work experience for sure.