Bills are currently the sixth seed and in the playoffs

2 hours ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/261235/nfl-playoff-picture-updated-seeds-after-week-14

I didn't realize this but according to espn the Bills are currently the sixth seed.  Its time to root for the Browns in a huge upset against the Ravens and Despite the draft pick we need KC to beat the Chargers (Thursday night football).

Sorry merge thread I just saw it was already posted based on the CBS standings

Are you sure?  Because in one of the other 612 threads about this, there was a link that said we were the 8th seed.

50 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think head to head is ahead of conference record for tie breakers.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sports Illustrated has the Bills 8th currently because they applied everything.

Head to head goes out the window when there are 3 or more-way ties.

3 hours ago, dlonce said:

Why does this bother you or anyone else?

look at all the idiotic threads started by the same people. 

Watching last nights game they had Baltimore as the sixth seed and that was ESPN. Projection?

So that's an excuse to be idiotic yourself? 

Why does it "bother me"?  - because having the same conversation 6 times is a bit ridiculous   

Also isn't it against the Code of Conduct here. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Wouldn't it be better for the Chargers to keep winning and take that division? LA has us on tiebreakers. KC does not.

I think the current three-way tie actually places us in sixth, technically. It won't finish this way as teams accrue more common opponents and conference records change, but for now: Bills in sixth.

I think you're correct.   The rules differ, depending on whether there's a two-way tie for a spot or three or more.   So head-to-head with the Chargers doesn't matter because it's a three-way tie with the Ravens.   

The ESPN listing showing Bills sixth is where they are right now.  I'd guess what SI is doing is looking at some things that are going to be true by the end of the season like, as someone said, the Dolphins.  Once the Bills play the Dolphins the four-common-opponent tie-breaker will kick in and apparently the Ravens have the Bills there, even if the Bills beat the Dolphins.   

As a practical matter, all we need to know is that the Bills need to keep winning or tying.  Once they get to 7 losses, the chances are slim that the tie-breakers will do it for them.  

38 minutes ago, Bills13131313 said:

Do we hold a tiebreak with Tennessee if we both finish 9-7?

Looks to me (and I could be wrong) that it would depend on how the Titans finish 9-7.  One of those losses would have to be against Jacksonville.  That would tie us for conference record.  Assuming we sweep the Dolphins, I think common opponents wouldn't apply, so it would go to strength of victory, which Buffalo currently holds the tie breaker.  But, the Titans also face the Rams and Jaguars in their final two games, so that could change things (I really don't want to do the math on it).

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I think you're correct.   The rules differ, depending on whether there's a two-way tie for a spot or three or more.   So head-to-head with the Chargers doesn't matter because it's a three-way tie with the Ravens.   

The ESPN listing showing Bills sixth is where they are right now.  I'd guess what SI is doing is looking at some things that are going to be true by the end of the season like, as someone said, the Dolphins.  Once the Bills play the Dolphins the four-common-opponent tie-breaker will kick in and apparently the Ravens have the Bills there, even if the Bills beat the Dolphins.   

As a practical matter, all we need to know is that the Bills need to keep winning or tying.  Once they get to 7 losses, the chances are slim that the tie-breakers will do it for them.  

It is slimmer but still have a chance and it's not completely unrealistic to get in at 9-7.

I think we would have the tie breaker over Tennessee if they get to 9-7?

LA or KC would have to lose at least 2 more times at one of those losses will be each other on Saturday night.

1 minute ago, seregil42 said:

Looks to me (and I could be wrong) that it would depend on how the Titans finish 9-7.  One of those losses would have to be against Jacksonville.  That would tie us for conference record.  Assuming we sweep the Dolphins, I think common opponents wouldn't apply, so it would go to strength of victory, which Buffalo currently holds the tie breaker.  But, the Titans also face the Rams and Jaguars in their final two games, so that could change things (I really don't want to do the math on it).

Scoreboard watching with TN and SF this weekend....Marriotta may not play and maybe Jimmy G revitalizes that offense.

Best scenario for Bills

Steelers

Jags

pats

Chargers

Bills

Ravens

Ravens beat the pats and we face off against the chargers again. Although if you want best chance at a win it would be us against the chiefs but that hurts our draft.  Then we could get the Jags against our old boy marrone! ha

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think head to head is ahead of conference record for tie breakers.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sports Illustrated has the Bills 8th currently because they applied everything.

NFL.com holds more weight. Trust them through all the confusion.