Bills are currently the sixth seed and in the playoffs

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/261235/nfl-playoff-picture-updated-seeds-after-week-14

I didn't realize this but according to espn the Bills are currently the sixth seed.  Its time to root for the Browns in a huge upset against the Ravens and Despite the draft pick we need KC to beat the Chargers (Thursday night football).

Sorry merge thread I just saw it was already posted based on the CBS standings

11 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dude.  this is the 4th 6th seed thread.  Use the search function 

Why does this bother you or anyone else?

look at all the idiotic threads started by the same people. 

Watching last nights game they had Baltimore as the sixth seed and that was ESPN. Projection?

There are three games left. On day one of the season 32 teams were tied for first. These type of analysis only matter when there is finality to it. For example, if a win or loss (or some combination of wins or losses) mathematically puts you in or out of the post season. You might as well put any analysis at this time in your hope chest and write a wishful entry in your diary imagining what the playoffs are like.

And if the Pats beat us that bad & the Fins whooped the Pats what exactly does that mean for the Bills play off chances ??

How many wins will the Bills get out of the last 3 games ? 

I'm thinking 1 maybe ... home games or not !!

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I believe we are the 8th.  

We aren't ahead of the Chargers who beat us and TN has a better record that us.  Baltimore has tie breakers.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/nfl-playoff-picture-standings-matchups-scenarios

Technically, we are the 6th, but in reality, you would be correct.  The tie breaker that Baltimore would have us on is common opponents, which apparently doesn't kick in until after there are 4 common opponents.  Currently, there are only 3.  When we play the Dolphins, the tie breaker will kick in and place the Ravens over us (assuming we remain tied)

Edited by seregil42
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I believe we are the 8th.  

We aren't ahead of the Chargers who beat us and TN has a better record that us.  Baltimore has tie breakers.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/nfl-playoff-picture-standings-matchups-scenarios

AFC

NFC

WILD CARD ROUND

JAN 6-7

BUF.png

Bills 

(7-6-0) Proj: 6th Seed

JAX.png

Jaguars 

(9-4-0) Proj: 3rd Seed

TEN.png

Titans 

(8-5-0) Proj: 5th Seed

KC.png

Chiefs 

(7-6-0) Proj: 4th Seed

ATL.png

Falcons 

(8-5-0) Proj: 6th Seed

LA.png

Rams 

CAR.png

Panthers 

(9-4-0) Proj: 5th Seed

NO.png

Saints 

(9-4-0) Proj: 4th Seed

looks like 6th on nfl.com

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

AFC

NFC

WILD CARD ROUND

JAN 6-7

BUF.png

Bills 

(7-6-0) Proj: 6th Seed

JAX.png

Jaguars 

TEN.png

Titans 

(8-5-0) Proj: 5th Seed

KC.png

Chiefs 

(7-6-0) Proj: 4th Seed

ATL.png

Falcons 

(8-5-0) Proj: 6th Seed

LA.png

Rams 

CAR.png

Panthers 

(9-4-0) Proj: 5th Seed

NO.png

Saints 

(9-4-0) Proj: 4th Seed

looks like 6th on nfl.com

This is before common opponents kick in as Seregil commented above.  If the season ended today, we would be behind TN, LA and I think BAL.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

10 minutes ago, T master said:

And if the Pats beat us that bad & the Fins whooped the Pats what exactly does that mean for the Bills play off chances ??

How many wins will the Bills get out of the last 3 games ? 

I'm thinking 1 maybe ... home games or not !!

By that logic, the Chiefs whipped the Pats and the Bills beat the Chiefs, so that must mean the Bills are better than the Pats?  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

By that logic, the Chiefs whipped the Pats and the Bills beat the Chiefs, so that must mean the Bills are better than the Pats?  

The Pats loss was the first game of the season & the Bills beating the Cheif's was after the Cheif's fell back to earth .

So ill stick with my thoughts of how the teams are playing now instead of 3 months ago . Just sayin !!

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is before common opponents kick in as Seregil commented above.  If the season ended today, we would be behind TN, LA and I think BAL.

Bills have a better conference record then LA so wouldn't they be ahead regardless of losing to them?

LA 4-5

Bills 5-4

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Bills have a better conference record then LA so wouldn't they be ahead regardless of losing to them?

LA 4-5

Bills 5-4

I think head to head is ahead of conference record for tie breakers.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sports Illustrated has the Bills 8th currently because they applied everything.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/261235/nfl-playoff-picture-updated-seeds-after-week-14

I didn't realize this but according to espn the Bills are currently the sixth seed.  Its time to root for the Browns in a huge upset against the Ravens and Despite the draft pick we need KC to beat the Chargers (Thursday night football).

Wouldn't it be better for the Chargers to keep winning and take that division? LA has us on tiebreakers. KC does not.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think head to head is ahead of conference record for tie breakers.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sports Illustrated has the Bills 8th currently because they applied everything.

I think the current three-way tie actually places us in sixth, technically. It won't finish this way as teams accrue more common opponents and conference records change, but for now: Bills in sixth.

1 hour ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

Wait why do we need KC to beat the Chargers?  If the Chargers win the division, and we're competing against KC for the WC isn't that what we want?

Perhaps through lack of use, playoff tiebreakers are opaque to me

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wait why do we need KC to beat the Chargers?  If the Chargers win the division, and we're competing against KC for the WC isn't that what we want?

That's how I feel too but I don't know all tie breaker scenarios.

If both us and KC finish 9-7, we beat them, we would get in I think.  Chargers take the division.

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Perhaps through lack of use, playoff tiebreakers are opaque to me

Yeah, it has been known for a little while that we'd pretty much like the Chargers to run the table.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts