Could Gronk's Suspension Keep the Pats out of the Superbowl?

mykidsdad

Gronk's late hit on White last week might end up costing the Pat's the superbowl. Here's my logic: The Pats lost by 7 points to Miami, and I think its fair to think that Gronk could have made up the point difference. This means Gronk's suspension might have cost them this game which may end up costing the Pats home field advantage which in turn could cost them a playoff game against Pittsburgh. If Pitt beats the Pats at Heinz Field in the AFC championship, I think Gronk's flagrant late hit is ultimately a key factor. I think he deserves the blame either way. That was a historically cheap shot, and I'm glad it cost him.

Edited by mykidsdad

7 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

Gronk's late hit on White last week might end up costing the Pat's the superbowl. Here's my logic: The Pats lost by 3 points to Miami, and I think its fair to think that Gronk would have made at least a 3 point difference. This means Gronk's suspension might have cost them this game which may end up costing the Pats home field advantage which in turn could cost them a playoff game against Pittsburgh. If Pitt beats the Pats at Heinz Field in the AFC championship, I think Gronk's flagrant late hit is ultimately a key factor. I think he deserves the blame either way. That was a historically cheap shot, and I'm glad it cost him.

Not sure because the Gronk plays need time to develop, he isn't the quick hit slant receiver. Miami was forching Brady to get rid of the ball quicker than normal and he may not have had the time to hit the drooling gorilla down the seam.

Pats lost by 7 but I see your point.  The thing is they really didnt need this win because if they beat Pitt next week then both teams have 3 losses and NE would have the tiebreaker, if they won this game they'd still have to beat Pitt in order to have homefield throughout.

Pats looked pretty weak, the Fins are an average team but Brady really looked off.  No matter what HE says about playing at a high level for several more years, he's starting to slip a little bit.   Finally.....

4 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Pats lost by 7 but I see your point.  The thing is they really didnt need this win because if they beat Pitt next week then both teams have 3 losses and NE would have the tiebreaker, if they won this game they'd still have to beat Pitt in order to have homefield throughout.

Pats looked pretty weak, the Fins are an average team but Brady really looked off.  No matter what HE says about playing at a high level for several more years, he's starting to slip a little bit.   Finally.....

Ya if you watch his downfield passing alot of them are very inaccurate. What saves him are his 15 completions a game to his rbs

Brady looked really bad yesterday, Gronk would have definitely helped him and changed the way the phins played D. So im with you that loss last night could be blamed on Gronk. I'm glad the suspension impacted the game.

But Here's the reality, if the pats beat the Steelers this week they are tied and own the head to head. So they can still own the first seed and home field advantage. But if the Steelers win they are now 2 games up and have the head to head so they basically they are three games up and win the first seed.

50 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I've been saying it for years, Gronk really is a game changer.  Without him that offense is pedestrian 

He may be a game changer because of his size, but as Bubba Gump said, he is a drooling gorilla. I Can't stand him almost as much as I have the cheating POS Brady. He's a first class a-hole just like of that Pats team.

1 minute ago, Iron Maiden said:

That's a stretch...they just won the SB last year without him....

They are pedestrian THIS YEAR because of the absence of Edelman. They've played two games without him now (against TB too) and have looked extremely ordinary. With Gronk in there, Hogan is going to open and/or single-covered on many of these deep throws. Gronkowski's actions cost the team a game. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

They are pedestrian THIS YEAR because of the absence of Edelman. They've played two games without him now (against TB too) and have looked extremely ordinary. With Gronk in there, Hogan is going to open and/or single-covered on many of these deep throws. Gronkowski's actions cost the team a game. 

Gronk being out didn't help them of course...but that loss is on their Oline last night.....always nice to see Brady not having time to do what he does...

The Cretin’s absence hurt the Cheaters (hey, rocket surgeon Larry Fitz was right about that one!). But the Steelers game is the most important game, which is why the NFL didn’t do the right thing and suspend him at least 2 games. 

Suspension for the neanderthal is over and the patriots will beat the Steelers.

The loss last night will also mean that they need to win out to get the #1 seed and of course we'll be in their way. They won't be resting the QB with deflated balls or the TE with a unibrow either.

Edited by frostbitmic

8 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Not sure because the Gronk plays need time to develop, he isn't the quick hit slant receiver. Miami was forching Brady to get rid of the ball quicker than normal and he may not have had the time to hit the drooling gorilla down the seam.

He has been in the past, and he could have been vs Miami.

I don't like the Steelers chances without Shazier, unless they can figure out some adjustments PDQ.  Their D depends upon his speed IMO