Just gained respect for Brady, lost any for Belichick

Bubba Gump

6 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

He was asked in the post game presser. What happen on the on sides kick. They wanted to know what kind of kick that was. Then with a smug dead stare into space he says. They recovered it. 

That was it, his behavior in the pressers when he loses is something else. The grinch would be proud. 

That's funny. I do get a kick out of his pressers. Treats the media as they mostly deserve.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Watching the Patriots post game pressers after loss to Miami. Brady took blame saying he needs to be better and stated that not having Gronk didn't change the outcome. Belichick on the other hand was more smug and pissed off than I've ever seen. Never seen another HC act like such a little spoiled brat during an interview. Grow up Billy. 

Belicheat looked clueless on the sideline when I was watching the 2nd half.     

Image result for happy dance gif   

a lack of emo

6 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Watching the Patriots post game pressers after loss to Miami. Brady took blame saying he needs to be better and stated that not having Gronk didn't change the outcome. Belichick on the other hand was more smug and pissed off than I've ever seen. Never seen another HC act like such a little spoiled brat during an interview. Grow up Billy. 

but would he punt?

• Like (+1) 1

He made his opening statement and said "the Dolphins did a good job tonight and we weren't good enough in any area to win the game.  We have to do a better job and it wasn't good enough tonight across the board."

The first question set him off and he's right - the media is a joke.  "Do you think any of the guys might have been looking ahead to next week and passed Miami?"  He's like give me a break.  I like that he treats them like the morons they are.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, BigDingus said:

A lot of people say that's how he is in real life. Just a cool, nice guy who's surprisingly down to earth. They say he's literally the "anit-Peyton Manning" in that way. Peyton looks like the "Aw shucks" guy on TV, enjoys the limelight, wants to be loved and is always shown with a great sense of humor joking around. But behind the scenes he's a lot more distant and doesn't want to be bothered. Brady however, he doesn't really care about the media portrayal, but he's super nice to fans, has a good sense of humor in real life, and isn't stuck up at all.

Still hate him as a player, but there's something to be said for how people appear in the media, and how they are in real life.

Awww... Now you’re making me feel bad for rooting for Ndamukong Suh to tear his arm off and beat him with it. 

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

As much as I hate Brady I can't help but thinking everytime I hear him interviewed that he'd be a cool dude to hang out with and grab a beer

Sure, minus his worldview, inflated ego, the fact that he doesn't really drink, his petulance...

Sure. Fun guy to grab a beer with.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

This was him at his finest (or worst, however you look at it). Even Scott Van Pelt was like, wtf is wrong with him.

I woke up just in time for his presser & I got to agree with you it was pretty bad even by his standards.  Just once I would love one of the reporters to go off on him & just say "you know you ignorant f*ck we don't want to be here either but we are professionals & we are here to do our job, can you at least respect that & meet half way you smug miserable piece of sh*t." 

8 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I thought this was going to be a thread about Belichick punting late.

Then on the post game shows they defend his behavior because "he just wants to win so bad"  Give me a f'ing break.  It blows my mind the media just give him a pass for acting like a petulant 3 year old.  They would absolutely kill anyone else.  What are the pool reporters afraid of - press him to answer questions like a human being.  What is he going to do - glare at you?  What a complete and utter a-hole

BTW - F Brady too

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

Why do the Pats keep winning?

Brady?  Certainly a big part of their years of dominance.   Cheating?  Undeniably, also a contributor.

But when Patriot players and coaches are interviewed, they frequently say things are different in NE.  There's a higher level of accountability.  The expectations in terms of commitment and performance are higher.  And they talk a lot about love and loyalty.  Guys who aren't 'team-first' get shipped out.  The guys they do have really care about each other and don't want to let each other (or their coaches) down.

All this is a product of Belichick's leadership.  Hate him all you want but all I hate is that he's the coach of the Patriots.  

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I woke up just in time for his presser & I got to agree with you it was pretty bad even by his standards.  Just once I would love one of the reporters to go off on him & just say "you know you ignorant f*ck we don't want to be here either but we are professionals & we are here to do our job, can you at least respect that & meet half way you smug miserable piece of sh*t.

their argument would be moot, at that point. hah

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

brady hurried a lot of throws and was off target

Miami was all over him

there was one I thought should have been intentional grounding but as usual the Refs took pity on him. 

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

reading bb's lips last night was hilarious...several times saw 'that was f ing awful".  

missed that 

all I say was him and a clueless look

48 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Why do the Pats keep winning?

Brady?  Certainly a big part of their years of dominance.   Cheating?  Undeniably, also a contributor.

But when Patriot players and coaches are interviewed, they frequently say things are different in NE.  There's a higher level of accountability.  The expectations in terms of commitment and performance are higher.  And they talk a lot about love and loyalty.  Guys who aren't 'team-first' get shipped out.  The guys they do have really care about each other and don't want to let each other (or their coaches) down.

All this is a product of Belichick's leadership.  Hate him all you want but all I hate is that he's the coach of the Patriots.  

They do talk about loyalty & doing things the Patriot way a lot up in Foxboro.  That loyalty is a one way street up there though, anytime a player wants to get paid you know what he is worth the BB & Kraft view him as expendable & ship him out.  They have the luxury of doing that because they have had the GOAT under center for them for the past 20 years. 

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

As much as I hate Brady I can't help but thinking everytime I hear him interviewed that he'd be a cool dude to hang out with and grab a beer

No thanks.

I don't want to sleep with Tom. I would rather have a beer with Geisle.

Edited by cba fan