Just gained respect for Brady, lost any for Belichick

Bubba Gump

Watching the Patriots post game pressers after loss to Miami. Brady took blame saying he needs to be better and stated that not having Gronk didn't change the outcome. Belichick on the other hand was more smug and pissed off than I've ever seen. Never seen another HC act like such a little spoiled brat during an interview. Grow up Billy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Watching the Patriots post game pressers after loss to Miami. Brady took blame saying he needs to be better and stated that not having Gronk didn't change the outcome. Belichick on the other hand was more smug and pissed off than I've ever seen. Never seen another HC act like such a little spoiled brat during an interview. Grow up Billy. 

I dunno, it seems that he's like that every time he does postgame stuff. Just a pompous little toad.

Man I hate NE.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I dunno, it seems that he's like that every time he does postgame stuff. Just a pompous little toad.

Man I hate NE.

Yes he is, but he seemed even more soured tonight. It was a very awkward presser and seemed as though many of the reporters were scared to ask any questions. He is such a douche. 

And I hate that franchise just as well. Love watching them not know how to handle losing. Even Kraft looked confused in his box at the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

He was asked in the post game presser. What happen on the on sides kick. They wanted to know what kind of kick that was. Then with a smug dead stare into space he says. They recovered it. 

That was it, his behavior in the pressers when he loses is something else. The grinch would be proud. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

This was him at his finest (or worst, however you look at it). Even Scott Van Pelt was like, wtf is wrong with him.

I was watching that. It's just belichick. I think a lot of what he does is annoying and ridiculous. And I get the point, the reporters were asking fair questions. He just wasn't having it. I still find it funny.

The guy hates losing and doesn't hide it. I have no problem with that. I guess I just don't enjoy his frustration as much when it's not the bills beating him. Him breaking the tablet in the Brissett game last year was amazing.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

What was up with Tommy tonight?  He looked like he wished he was somewhere else. He was mailing it in.

Maybe at 40 after 13 games, he's toast. Over the Hill.

A guy can hope anyway.

But i have ZERO respect for him or Bill Bellyache or any of then for that matter.

When I said "gained", I didn't say how much. Hate the guys guts, but he did seem a little more human tonight. Hopefully he realizes he isn't gonna play til he's 45. Time is running out and I think he is realizing that. Maybe that's why BB is so angry, he knows the end is closer than they think.

Edited by Bubba Gump

Guys like Belichick achieve a lot of success in a very narrow little aspect of life, and then they make it their entire life...and they develop these huge egos.

A guy like BB is a totally one-dimensional human being; he is never taken out of his comfort zone or sweet spot into pursuits where he is average or flat out bad...so nothing ever keeps his ego in check and it goes out of control over time.

F-him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Guys like Belichick achieve a lot of success in a very narrow little aspect of life, and then they make it their entire life...and they develop these huge egos.

A guy like BB is a totally one-dimensional human being; he is never taken out of his comfort zone or sweet spot into pursuits where he is average or flat out bad...so nothing ever keeps his ego in check and it goes out of control over time.

F-him.

Good take. I just watched the presser again, because I couldn't hear the first question. Now that I have re-played it I got to hear it.

Reporter: Do you think this game is a result of you looking forward to next week's game?

BB: No...(long pause)...Give me a break

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhjUFcXgo0

21 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I was watching that. It's just belichick. I think a lot of what he does is annoying and ridiculous. And I get the point, the reporters were asking fair questions. He just wasn't having it. I still find it funny.

The guy hates losing and doesn't hide it. I have no problem with that. I guess I just don't enjoy his frustration as much when it's not the bills beating him. Him breaking the tablet in the Brissett game last year was amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

As much as I hate Brady I can't help but thinking everytime I hear him interviewed that he'd be a cool dude to hang out with and grab a beer

A lot of people say that's how he is in real life. Just a cool, nice guy who's surprisingly down to earth. They say he's literally the "anit-Peyton Manning" in that way. Peyton looks like the "Aw shucks" guy on TV, enjoys the limelight, wants to be loved and is always shown with a great sense of humor joking around. But behind the scenes he's a lot more distant and doesn't want to be bothered. Brady however, he doesn't really care about the media portrayal, but he's super nice to fans, has a good sense of humor in real life, and isn't stuck up at all.

Still hate him as a player, but there's something to be said for how people appear in the media, and how they are in real life.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

When I said "gained", I didn't say how much. Hate the guys guts, but he did seem a little more human tonight. Hopefully he realizes he isn't gonna play til he's 45. Time is running out and I think he is realizing that. Maybe that's why BB is so angry, he knows the end is closer than they think.

He was pretty slow getting up after he was knocked down.  It was a tiring night for him.  His age is starting to show.  You can see it on some of the throws that come up short.

• Like (+1) 2