If the Bills win out they could win the division

17 Josh Allen

The Pats under Belichick/Brady haven't lost three in a row since 2003 (the only year that Brady didn't make the playoffs when starting the majority of games).  I would say the odds of us winning the division have to be less than 1% and don't show me the stupid Jim Carrey "So you're telling me there's a chance" gif.

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The Pats under Belichick/Brady haven't lost three in a row since 2003 (the only year that Brady didn't make the playoffs when starting the majority of games).  I would say the odds of us winning the division have to be less than 1% and don't show me the stupid Jim Carrey "So you're telling me there's a chance" gif.

02. They won the Superbowl in 03.

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Usually the "We're not mathematically out of it" posts start at the end of October and refer to the playoffs, not in mid-December referring to winning the division.

So this is actually a refreshing change.

I think it's also a testament to the staff running this team.

7 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Thank you for that. I just was wondering how that would play out. It’s about a 1 and 100 shot. But with the way this crazy year has went you never know. 

crazy year?   this year has gone just about the way we thought.  no playoffs, team fairly bad, talent evaluation year, pile up draft choices, go get QB in draft next year and continue the rebuild.  they stole a couple games with turnover TDs early in the year, but putting those aside they are pretty much a 5-8 team on the way to 6-10 just like we thought

7 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Let’s see pats lose to Steelers and then the Bills 

They still would be at 10 wins. The Bills could get to 10 wins. So if the jets some how beat the pats on the last game of the year. Both the Pats and Bills end up with 10 wins. Who wins the division if that 

happens. 

Don't take this wrong ...

Pass that joint this way. 

Pssst you forgot they also have to lose to the JETS in week 17.  

What I saw was a Miami QB capable of throwing the ball downfield into tight windows and consistently moving the chains. Miami is no powerhouse but showed McDermott the blueprint for defeating the patsies***. Hit old man marsha early and often and play solid pass defense.

The pats*** have to face a pissed off Steeler team and Orchard Park is a long way from sunny Miami in December. That Steeler defense could easily put marsha on the shelf for the rest of the year and Cutler will be the same ole Smokin Joe on the frozen turf at New Era. It's not probable, but it's been a long time since the Bills have been where they are right now. Enjoy the ride gentleman.

8 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Thank you for that. I just was wondering how that would play out. It’s about a 1 and 100 shot. But with the way this crazy year has went you never know. 

So you are saying there is a chance?

One week at a time.

The concerning thing if you're a Pats fan is that their WRs are not winning one-on-one outside. They are all system players even Cooks - Edelman was the guy who could truly separate. The Bills corners shut down the Pats WRs, as did Miami. The difference is that the Bills didn't generate any offense and they had to play against Gronk.

Quote from 8-8 forever 

crazy year?   this year has gone just about the way we thought.  no playoffs, team fairly bad, talent evaluation year, pile up draft choices, go get QB in draft next year and continue the rebuild.  they stole a couple games with turnover TDs early in the year, but putting those aside they are pretty much a 5-8 team on the way to 6-10 just like we thought

My response 

Oh yeah then why do the bills have 7 wins then. Stop making up excuses. Like Bill Parcels always says you are what your record is. There is a very good chance Bills will be 9-7 and maybe get a wild card. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'm not going to even consider playoff possibilities or anything else until they beat Miami.  If they do, still seems like a huge long-shot to do better than 1-2 in the final 3 games.

If they beat Miami, I think it would be an even longer- shot to do WORSE than 1-2 in the final 3 games.   

4 hours ago, billsfan60 said:

The pats*** have to face a pissed off Steeler team and Orchard Park is a long way from sunny Miami in December. That Steeler defense could easily put marsha on the shelf for the rest of the year and Cutler will be the same ole Smokin Joe on the frozen turf at New Era. It's not probable, but it's been a long time since the Bills have been where they are right now. Enjoy the ride gentleman.

Have you seen that Steeler D? It isn't very good. They made Flacco look like Aaron Rogers. The Pats could easily put up 40+. 

I think everything rides on the offense being productive. It's possible and would be a dream come true. I think we gonna need 21+ point games for that to happen. That's my struggle right there. 

It's time for Tyrod to throw for 3 touchdowns and march for a few field goals. That absolutely needs to happen. If they lean on the run game with no passing threat I imagine it won't be long before the speculation is over.

Edited by Lfod