Is this team mentally tough?

Dadonkadonk

I thought this was an odd comment to make by McD about this team.  I've never felt the Bills throughout the drought would be described as mentally tough.  In fact as another thread discussed, it may be one of the key factors in the the drought.  All too often we have seen the defense fold after a score by the offense or facing a back-up QB.  How many all world TE performances has this team given up over the years.

But perhaps I judge them too harshly?  Outside of the Saints game, I don't think they have quit.  

Your thoughts?

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Plenty of heart on this team.  They just can’t move the chains.  Plain and simple.

Taylor has had some sparingly very good performances. Last year @Mia,@Sea.. We need that Taylor next 3 weeks. I trust this D.. Hope KB has an impact, Taylor has looked awful lately

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Taylor has had some sparingly very good performances. Last year @Mia,@Sea.. We need that Taylor next 3 weeks. I trust this D.. Hope KB has an impact, Taylor has looked awful lately

KB will not have an impact with Taylor at QB.  He does not get open like that.  Look at the Balls he caught yesterday

they have plenty of heart

but they really don't have that much talent, and combined with the fact that we have a pretty average coaching staff it makes for a bad combo.

I mean look how many times has Mcdermott's poor game decisions been bailed out by individual players. Tre white twice (bucs and cheifs) Shady last game

Just now, Yeezus said:

they have plenty of heart

but they really don't have that much talent, and combined with the fact that we have a pretty average coaching staff it makes for a bad combo.

I mean look how many times has Mcdermott's poor game decisions been bailed out by individual players. Tre white twice (bucs and cheifs) Shady last game

Average? You just said we have the worst coaching staff in the AFCE. You'd take Bowles over McD?

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Taylor can't make the type of throws that Benjamin makes himself open for.  Simply put; you need to be an accurate QB with the ability to throw a receiver open, and Taylor can't even hit recevers in stride when they are wide open with nothing more than a field judge in view(See KC game).

1 hour ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Taylor can't make the type of throws that Benjamin makes himself open for.  Simply put; you need to be an accurate QB with the ability to throw a receiver open, and Taylor can't even hit recevers in stride when they are wide open with nothing more than a field judge in view(See KC game).

Well he isn't a great route runner, so i would do a lot of hitches and outs.  With a QB like Tyrod he's going to make his money in the red zone.  

Assuming he can even play.

2 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

This team is all heart. They just dont have enough talent at key positions 

Pretty much, a few good players here and there sprinkled among a bunch of try-hards.

Are they mentally tough?  They are getting there, there are signs that the culture is changing. 

Getting rid of Prima Donna's like Watkins and Mario Williams helps the locker room, also getting rid of distractions like Dareus will help.  Each of these players, while very talented, were not known for leadership.  

When they start to consistently comeback in the 4th quarter, when they start stomping on teams that they should beat, then they will have taken another step.