Taylor starting

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Cousins isn't going somewhere where he's not getting a multi-year deal and he's going to cost a lot of money.

We aren't drafting a QB high AND getting Cousins.  Both of those can't/won't/aren't happening.

As much as you hate this, Tyrod Taylor has a SIGNIFICANTLY better chance of being the Buffalo Bills starting QB in 2018 than Kirk Cousins.

Haha, there it is. Oh Tyrod Trans still loves you

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We all make mistakes.    easy fellas.   We want to welcome Transplant  to the Dark Side and not drive him away.   

It doesn't look like he is ready yet

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

God stop throwing that term out.

Cousins has had the good fortune of great offensive minds calling his plays and as a HC.  He's a good player, but putting Cousins in a category or anywhere close to a category reserved for just 4 QBs today (Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben) is absolutely ludicrous.

This conversation is pointless, anyway.  Our staff will draft a QB... possibly bring a cheap vet QB in if they decide not to pick up Taylor's option and keep him another year, but talking about Cousins as an Elite QB brings memories of posters calling Colin Kaepernick & Ryan Tannehill Elite back in 2013/2014.

You missed my post a page back. Feel free to read it. He's unquestionably in that range, I don't know why it's so hard to accept that. Comparing him to Kaepernick and Tannehill is either completely ignorant of their respective play or deliberate obfuscation.

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Haha, there it is. Oh Tyrod Trans still loves you

Just talkin reality, bro.  Taylor's contract as it's set up is at least $5 million less than what Cousins's annual salary will be and, what's more, Taylor's contract will expire after 2018 and Buffalo will be completely off the hook in terms of any financial obligation.

It's the perfect contract to transition to a new rookie QB without pressuring him to carry the weight of the franchise in year 1.

At this exact moment, I'd say it's more likely that Taylor's option will not be picked up and he'll be gone and we go with Peterman, our drafted rookie and a cheap vet FA QB... or maybe just Joe Webb.  But I don't think it's significantly more likely and I think the ending of this year will factor in, as well.

Still 3 more games left, hopefully more :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

why is it that  so many fans feel that nate has the skills to get us wins? how is it that so many people are banging the drum for whatever they see in him.

i am  wanting to see nate play . we are going to need a whole different approach in these next 3 games than the same tired tyrod plan.

it's time for the staff to show if they think they are playoff caliber or not.

It's probably because Peterman does all the things that we wish Tyrod did more.

He isn't scared to trust his receivers, throw into single coverage, make quick reads, get the ball out fast and tries aggressively to push the ball down the field.  He may be too aggressive right now, but the fact that he has a willingness is a plus in most books.

Just now, Woodman19 said:

It's probably because Peterman does all the things that we wish Tyrod did more.

He isn't scared to trust his receivers, throw into single coverage, make quick reads, get the ball out fast and tries aggressively to push the ball down the field.  He may be too aggressive right now, but the fact that he has a willingness is a plus in most books.

well then it's the question of who can we win/change things up and create an offense.....that isn't dependent on shady winning the games for us...

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

You missed my post a page back. Feel free to read it. He's unquestionably in that range, I don't know why it's so hard to accept that. Comparing him to Kaepernick and Tannehill is either completely ignorant of their respective play or deliberate obfuscation.

I didn't miss your post.

You posted stats.

I've also said that he's benefitted greatly from offensive minds, because he clearly has.  McVay might be one of the best offensive minds in years and even his current OC is the protégé of a pretty amazing offensive mind who simply failed as a HC.

And no I'm sorry, the comparison the Kaep and Tannehill is appropriate.  I'm not trying to confuse the issue in any way because you seem like you're being the victim of a moment or are just stats obsessed.

Cousins is unquestionably in the range of Brees/Brady/Big Ben/ Rodgers?  Seriously?!  You can't actually think that... you're just arguing to argue now, right?

I hope so, because that statement is just ridiculous.

Cousins is a great plug and chug QB with a solid offensive staff and good to great weapons.  He's not a guy who will carry a team like Buffalo on his back through the playoffs, particularly with this offensive staff.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I didn't miss your post.

You posted stats.

I've also said that he's benefitted greatly from offensive minds, because he clearly has.  McVay might be one of the best offensive minds in years and even his current OC is the protégé of a pretty amazing offensive mind who simply failed as a HC.

And no I'm sorry, the comparison the Kaep and Tannehill is appropriate.  I'm not trying to confuse the issue in any way because you seem like you're being the victim of a moment or are just stats obsessed.

Cousins is unquestionably in the range of Brees/Brady/Big Ben/ Rodgers?  Seriously?!  You can't actually think that... you're just arguing to argue now, right?

Cousins is a great plug and chug QB with a solid offensive staff and good to great weapons.  He's not a guy who will carry a team like Buffalo on his back through the playoffs, particularly with this offensive staff.

Perine and Crowder are the best ????‍♂️??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I didn't miss your post.

You posted stats.

LOL good to great weapons. Next.

29 minutes ago, McBean said:

Cousins would be the best QB we’ve had here since Kelly.

Do I think we get him? No.

My prediction is the Darnold rumors are true and we trade the house to go get him.

Just my opinion.

And I would love this just based on what I've heard/read/seen.

But if our staff goes through the whole offseason and sees Darnold as worthy of trading both our 1sts this year along with probably next year and another draft pick, sobeit.

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Actually I think Cousins is the perfect QB for Dennison and the system we are running. If they came in already thinking that they would target Cousins everything they've done makes a lot of sense. Institute an offensive scheme that fits his talents. Draft a similar QB in the late rounds that you plan on being his long term backup. Bring in a bunch of possession receivers. Clear a ton of cap space to make way for his contract. Gather draft picks to fill the numerous holes around him.

If I had to make a decision I'd say take a QB with our first pick and use the other picks on the rest of the team. But if the choice is Cousins or trade the farm to move up for a QB I'll take Cousins no question. He is a really good QB and he would end up in a better situation here than he has now. That would give us 5 picks in the first 100 picks to fill the team in. The more I think about it the more I like it.

As I've said, I like Cousins and think he's a good QB.  I just don't think he's great and certainly not Elite.

I want a guy who has the chance to be Elite.

From the looks/sounds of it, Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield all have a chance to be generational/franchise-changing type QBs.

That's what I want.

We have plenty of draft picks this year and next to go get him if we want him.

Actually, the one QB I could see us going out and getting even before Kirk Cousins is Andrew Luck depending on where the Colts fall in the draft and what they want to do with that draft pick if they end up #2 or #3.

I want Andrew Luck first, the 1st or 2nd or (maybe) 3rd best QB prospect next, Kirk Cousins third.

In the middle option I think there's a good chance Taylor remains as the bridge guy for one year.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Our staff will draft a QB... possibly bring a cheap vet QB in if they decide not to pick up Taylor's option and keep him another year, but talking about Cousins as an Elite QB brings memories of posters calling Colin Kaepernick & Ryan Tannehill Elite back in 2013/2014.

Thanks.  Now I don't have to pay attention during the FA period or watch the draft.

Hopefully the FA vet is Colin Kaepernick.

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Fans just want to move on from Tyrod IMO

Can't you just wait 3 more weeks unless we're preparing for a playoff game?

The regular season is not just an extended pre season.

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Thanks.  Now I don't have to pay attention during the FA period or watch the draft.

Hopefully the FA vet is Colin Kaepernick.

Can't you just wait 3 more weeks unless we're preparing for a playoff game?

The regular season is not just an extended pre season.

Nope I do not want to watch mr54yards anymore. Sadly if the Bills are losing at halftime with Tyrod as the starter this weekend Im going home because I know it is over. I will stick around to watch and support Peterman though. I can not wait for the 2018 draft.

Edited by xRUSHx

10 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Nope I do not want to watch mr54yards anymore. Sadly if the Bills are losing at halftime with Tyrod as the starter this weekend Im going home because I know it is over.

Ok, let's go with mr38.7rate instead. 

You do realize that Nate's best career outing is 66 yards, right?

Edited by reddogblitz

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Ok, let's go with mr38.7rate instead. 

You do realize that Nate's best career outing is 57 yards, right?

You do realize he is a rookie in his first season right?

I do not think Peterman is any type of franchise worthy QB but I do want this staff to evaluate him in live action so next year they will know more and Peterman will have experence if called upon.

With Tyrod we know we have zero chance to win any of the games left but with Peterman we just do not know. IMO

Also Tyrod should be gone so why waste more time on him, move on and end it.

What is funny is I think I read that Peterman did more in one half against the Dolts in a blizzard then Tyrod did in 4quarters against NO in good sunny weather.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

You do realize he is a rookie in his first season right?

I do not think Peterman is any type of franchise worthy QB but I do want this staff to evaluate him in live action so next year they will know more and Peterman will have experence if called upon.

With Tyrod we know we have zero chance to win any of the games left but with Peterman we just do not know. IMO

Also Tyrod should be gone so why waste more time on him, move on and end it.

I do.

When Ii read stuff like this on here I'm reminded of the movie where Jack Nicholson yells at Tom Cruise or somebody, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH".

I would paraphrase that for Bills fans such as yourself "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PLAYOFFS".

Here we have a real shot (65% on some playoff sites) to end this drought thing in less than 3 weeks.  But instead of moving all the chips int he center of the table and going for it, you prefer to treat the playoff stretch run as an extended pre season and play a guy that makes horrible decisions and multitudes of rookie mistakes.

F$ck next year. 

Lets's win this thing and worry about next year next month (or the month after that :)).