MCD on wgr

The juice

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Did I ever say give up and wave the white Towel? No.

I would do everything to increase my odds by going for the win against a lousy team.

You are not getting into the playoffs if you tie a lousy team like Indy when your season is on the line. Tie Indy but go to Foxboro and win. Sounds very realistic...

In his mind he did what he thought would give him the best chance and he was right. Maybe not next time.  But this time yes.

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Did I ever say give up and wave the white Towel? No.

I would do everything to increase my odds by going for the win against a lousy team.

You are not getting into the playoffs if you tie a lousy team like Indy when your season is on the line. Tie Indy but go to Foxboro and win. Sounds very realistic...

I really don't understand why people are having such a hard time with this...  Maybe math & science.... dunno

41 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

He's an idiot.

In this scenario, a tie is third on the list:

Win

Loss

Tie

Idiot...

If you really believe that, I think you're calling the wrong person the idiot.

In no situation is a loss better than a tie.  Zero.

What he said was factual.  A tie is better than a loss.

Is a tie what anyone wanted?  No.

Is it better than a loss?  You bet your sweet ass it is.

1 minute ago, T-Bomb said:

I really don't understand why people are having such a hard time with this...  Maybe math & science.... dunno

I guarantee I know more about statistics and science than 90% or more than others here.  Yes I would have gone for it.  But I also understand his thoughts and it worked out.

49 minutes ago, The juice said:

“A tie would of been better than a loss”

season on the line. This is what he has to say. Get him out of here - after all - he has taken a team that has jettisoned its best but costliest players to build for the future, been ravaged by injuries, is playing either a 5th round rookie or 6th rounder from 2010 at QB with no wide receivers and if the season ended today - we would only be the 6th seed. Dick Jauron 2.0

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I guarantee I know more about statistics and science than 90% or more than others here.  Yes I would have gone for it.  But I also understand his thoughts and it worked out.

lol, ok...

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

funny to see all this crying when it didn't really matter because they ended up winning any way. but, the "what if" crowd has to make a real big deal about it.

keep bitching and moaning about it because it's what some of you do best around this joint.

And just keep chugging that Kool Aid.

Merry Christmas

Just now, T-Bomb said:

lol, ok...

And just keep chugging that Kool Aid.

Merry Christmas

When you take grad level stats and use them every day to plan experiments, analyze patient data, review manuscripts for professional journals, get back to me about proper use of statistics.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

When you take grad level stats and use them every day to plan experiments, analyze patient data, review manuscripts for professional journals, get back to me about proper use of statistics.

And yet you don't know how to apply them to football, same as the Bills coach...

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

piss off kid. it has nothing to do with drinking kool aid and everything to do with pointing out how !@#$ing idiotic it is to drag this bull **** out AFTER THEY WON THE GAME!!

I'm not a kid, so you piss off.

Winning now, and bettering the franchise for the future, tie should not be entering his mind.

Again, idiot...

Edited by T-Bomb

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

again, why don't you coach them then since you're so !@#$ing smart!

oh, you're a kid alright. 

I already have a career.  It would be cool if I was a kid, but, nope.

Just now, Gugny said:

I see T-Bomb is making more friends. 

Bills fans make the best online friends.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Is he wrong?

Yes he is 100% categorically wrong.  

Loss:  Eliminates us almost certainly from playoffs.  Helps increase our draft assets by worsening our record.

Tie:  Eliminates us almost certainly from playoffs.  Decreases the value of our draft assets by not worsening our record as much.

So he is categorically incorrect in this case.  A tie would be substantially worse than a Win or a Loss.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Loss:  Eliminates us almost certainly from playoffs.  Helps increase our draft assets by worsening our record.

Tie:  Eliminates us almost certainly from playoffs.  Decreases the value of our draft assets by not worsening our record as much.

So he is categorically incorrect in this case.  A tie would be substantially worse than a Win or a Loss.  

You're about to be promptly **** on by homers, just want to warn you.

15 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

I read a few posts that the bills would have a 3 percent chance to get in the playoffs if they tied that game. And they were still saying a tie wouldn't be that bad!! Its mind boggling.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thank you. Can we pin this post to the front of twobillsdrive for the week... Lol

20 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

In his mind he did what he thought would give him the best chance and he was right. Maybe not next time.  But this time yes.

No. He even admitted he thought a tie wouldn't be a bad thing. Nothing to do with saying he thought it was the best chance to win. Which makes it even more ridiculous to me

2 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

You're about to be promptly **** on by homers, just want to warn you.

The funny part its ok to question or hate his decision to punt and still like McD.  And I am one of them.  I hate his clock management overall this year and I also hated the decision to punt there and I said at the time he did it that Win or Lose I hate the decision.  I do like McD, but like a lot of young coaches, his clock management needs serious work.

Im glad it worked out, but it was a very low percentage play to work out under those conditions.  In a normal game, sure, punt.  But in that game where Indy mostly ran the ball, that meant a lot of time was likely coming off the clock.  And getting the ball back with very little time in those conditions would be a very difficult thing to overcome given the difficulty in passing and also kicking.  Not to mention our top 2 QB's were out of the game and our Top WR was hurt.

Terrible call...nothing can really be said to defend it IMO.  We got lucky and it worked out, but it was still a call I think he made mistake on.  And his "tie" comments only further that mistake as he clearly was playing to protect from a loss and take a tie.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1