MCD on wgr

The juice

I’m convinced that many NFL coaches are simply unintelligent. The game has become more advanced than ever before. I think that eventually coaching will be forced to become more intelligent. I’m happy for the win, but still hate the call. A tie knocks us out of the playoff chase, while a loss does this same. We needed to win this game, but as usual an NFL coach is unaware of statistical probability. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Is he wrong?

Yes because a tie does nothing to help us. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I’m convinced that many NFL coaches are simply unintelligent. The game has become more advanced than ever before. I think that eventually coaching will be forced to become more intelligent. I’m happy for the win, but still hate the call. A tie knocks us out of the playoff chase, while a loss does this same. We needed to win this game, but as usual an NFL coach is unaware of statistical probability. 

Yes because a tie does nothing to help us. 

You'd better go check on that.

Win > Tie > Loss

A loss would have been the catastrophic outcome. Tie would be suboptimal, but not a killer. Win best outcome.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

You'd better go check on that.

Win > Tie > Loss

A loss would have been the catastrophic outcome. Tie would be suboptimal, but not a killer. Win best outcome.

Yes, but a tie would be statistically close to a loss given our playoff chances. You are looking at it in black and white terms. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

People mess up stats all the time around here.  Took grad level stats in college and grad school.  And stats would tell you the biggest single variable yesterday was the playing conditions.  So given yesterday was a big time statistical outlier you throw it out when looking at data on probabilities.  And 3% is greater than 0% but maybe not in a statistical analysis. 

6 minutes ago, Success said:

That’s not really correct.

Techinically, he’s right

A win is better for the playoff's, a loss is better for the draft, a tie is !@#$ing useless for either.

Edited by T-Bomb
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think he secretly hates Schopp and bulldog and is trolling them to watch their heads explode. It is pretty funny. 

If that's the case I give him credit.  Him talking about the tie vs loss wasn't the only thing he was saying that they seemed taken back by.

6 minutes ago, Success said:

That’s not really correct.

Techinically, he’s right

Technically in moral victories he is right.  In reality 8-7-1 is not getting in the playoffs.  9-7 itself might barely squeak us in. So without playoffs draft order is the next goal IMO.  8-7-1 is worse for us draft wise than 8-8 is.  

Edited by Scott7975

A tie is only better than a loss because he thinks we can go and beat NE on the road....

McD deals in terms of what is possible, not what is probable. To me that is the hallmark of a coach that will find it difficult to compete against peers that are intelligent.

• Like (+1) 1