MCD on wgr

The juice

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

No I do not.  However, I think its pretty delusional to think you might make the playoffs with 8 wins at this point of the season.  Are they not always talking about "best for the team now and the future?"  A tie is not what is best for the team.  Should always go for the win.  I have no problem with the coach thinking punting gave him the best chance to win.  Thinking a tie is a good thing is another story.

Maybe McD isn't counting the Pats** game a loss.

I really can't believe how many people are annoyed with a fun and exciting win. I understand wanting to go for it on that 4th down. I wanted them to go for it too. But how can you seriously second guess with such vitriol a strategy that worked?

I admit that the coach/team have been very conservative at times this year, but sometimes there is a reason for that---QB play, injuries, weather, etc. A coach is going to be a lot more conservative, for example, with Tyrod at QB than say a Brady, Rodgers, etc. Let alone Joe Webb in a foot of snow. Not to mention that he is a first year head coach. Of course he's going to make some mistakes along the way. And it isn't easy putting and holding a team together with the amount of turnover that has occurred.

I mean, some people were predicting a 4-6 win season and we sit at 7-6 with three games to play and still in the playoff hunt. I find it amazing that the torches and pitchforks are out, especially after a win. Question the decision all you want, that's fair, it's a message board. But to be calling for his head and comparing him to Jauron after a win seems very strange to me. 

Edited by folz

I had high hopes for this guy based on training camp because he was doing some things we haven't seen (situational football things that haven't been emphasized enough in the past) but it's quickly waning.  He's another cookie cutter in a long line of them.

I wish we'd hired Doug Petersen or Sean McVay.  While their teams have more talent (the Rams have been drafting at the top of the draft for over a decade), both of them coach far beyond the old school mentality and are actually developing players. 

The fact that Dennison can't figure out how to use TT's unique skillset makes me wanna just smack McDermott right in his head.  I understand that TT is never going to be a timing guy. needs to have very specific things done help him be successful, and because of that isn't the long term answer at QB.  Yet our coaches are acting like they're going to turn him into a quick read, quick release WCO passer.  Jesus H. Christ.

It's time to seriously think outside the box.

14 hours ago, Commonsense said:

A tie would have really sucked. It worked and lucky for him it did because that would have flipped a bunch of his supporters. Hopefully behind closed doors they rethink the decision making process a bit. I have tried to remain optimistic with the new guys but I done did lost my mind for about 10 minutes until Thompson made that catch.

To be fair in his presser yesterday... not his WGR interview... he stopped short of saying he thought he would make the same decision again.  He said it was what he thought was right at the time and he didn't want to rush it after talking things over and in the end it worked but that they always come back and look at those types of decision again.  

Reading between the lines I took that as him saying "I might have got a bit lucky there".

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What worried me most about his comments is he said he'd do it again.  An accurate throw to Hilton and are season is over.

That is not what he said in the presser.  He was given the opportunity to and he specifically stopped short of it.  Haven't heard the WGR interview.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

To be fair in his presser yesterday... not his WGR interview... he stopped short of saying he thought he would make the same decision again.  He said it was what he thought was right at the time and he didn't want to rush it after talking things over and in the end it worked but that they always come back and look at those types of decision again.  

Reading between the lines I took that as him saying "I might have got a bit lucky there".

That is not what he said in the presser.  He was given the opportunity to and he specifically stopped short of it.  Haven't heard the WGR interview.  

He said he would yesterday at the press conference in that same situation.  Then he said you have to look back at each decision, but he did say he'd do it again.  http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/bdn02/bills-sean-mcdermott-says-he-would-punt-in-overtime-again-video-20171211

"In that case it worked out and I would do it again,"

18 hours ago, folz said:

I mean, some people were predicting a 4-6 win season and we sit at 7-6 with three games to play and still in the playoff hunt. I find it amazing that the torches and pitchforks are out, especially after a win. Question the decision all you want, that's fair, it's a message board. But to be calling for his head and comparing him to Jauron after a win seems very strange to me. 

I am not surprised pitchforks are out; usually those carry them have them in their ass and it very easy to reach.