Bills Won- Loss Record (2014-2017)

SoCal Deek

After Sunday's win over the Colts I've read threads about how this weeks Miami game is going to be super important for a late season contest.  Of course, everyone chimed in to say this was not first time....and they were actually right.  I went back and looked at the last four seasons, and it's actually hard to believe that even with all the frustration, bad calls, poor strategy and seemingly endless choking, the Bills have spent a grand total of 3 weeks at two games below .500 out of 64 regular season games!  That list includes twice in 2016, one of those being the meaningless week seventeen following the loss to the Jets, and Once in 2015 after a late season loss to the Redskins....which they then followed with two wins to close out the year.

I'm not sure if this makes things better or worse, but if you're wondering why this all feels like deja-vu.....there it is!

Whether your glass is half full or half empty, it appears the Bills Comfy Place is when they're "in the hunt".

Sine the beginning of the 2014 season, the Bills are 1 game over .500  31-30.

After years and years of back to back 7-9 and 6-10 seasons I think this is kindof cool.  

We're not near as bad as a lot of y'all make us out to be.

Finish strong and get a little help and ... 

Plus when you consider that when being in a division with New England that generally means 2 automatic losses...so to go 9-7 , Buffalo has to go 9-5 against the rest of the schedule.

The more you analyze it, New England has a pretty decent size play in this drought:  The Bills cant win divisions at 8-8 like some teams have and end playoff droughts.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

OK?

So how does that relate to this group of players and coaches?

Mr. Beast?  I'm not sure what you're response means?  Where in my thread does it mention "this group of players or coaches"?  Answer...it doesn't.  The thread audience is the fan base!  (You do realize that 'this group of players and coaches' are not in this chat room....right?)

15 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

The Bills cant win divisions at 8-8 like some teams have and end playoff droughts.

Hawks did it at 7-9 in 2010 while losing 3 out of their last 4.

But still, somehow the Jets and Fish have been able to get to playoffs twice during the Cheat era.  We haven't gotten close.

Edited by reddogblitz

If we win too many games we make the playoffs and the NFL sure doesn't want that.

If we win too few games we have a shot at a life changing franchise qb that could make us good again. And the NFL sure doesn't want that.

We are right where the NFL wants us in our "schedule filler" role.

6-9 wins every year!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If we win too many games we make the playoffs and the NFL sure doesn't want that.

If we win too few games we have a shot at a life changing franchise qb that could make us good again. And the NFL sure doesn't want that.

We are right where the NFL wants us in our "schedule filler" role.

6-9 wins every year!

I do agree that the media loves Buffalo where it is: They don't want to travel there, they want their jobs to be easier: Recycling Brady, Ben and other talking points they have had for years. People don't like change.

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Mr. Beast?  I'm not sure what you're response means?  Where in my thread does it mention "this group of players or coaches"?  Answer...it doesn't.  The thread audience is the fan base!  (You do realize that 'this group of players and coaches' are not in this chat room....right?)

I just don’t think this team, and where they are, has anything to do with the past.

51 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I just don’t think this team, and where they are, has anything to do with the past.

You're correct. They don't have anything to do with the past.  The thread considers the fan base's perception of the team....not the team's perception of themselves.  The years all blend together, and I was actually mighty amazed to find how little time they've spent under water over the last four years, including a span that included an ownership, management and coaching change.  In fact, I maintain that it's actually that "Commitment to Mediocrity" that has been so frustrating. They've been "in the hunt" for a long, long time.  Always a bridesmaid and never a bride. 

Here's hoping that even this blind squirrel finds the proverbial nut in 2017.

Go Bills!

I remember the Seattle game in Toronto back in 2012.  We got crushed, went to 5-8 and fans were so distraught they were getting nostalgic about 2004.  In the sense that hey at least we had meaningful December games.  

It it may not be much but it's still a step up from those days