Began 12/4/17

Gugny

down to 212 (13 pounds since start) made it through the holidays and now the weather is (hopefully) going to be nicer.  I moved in August and can no longer walk to work but I am looking into a bike to ride to work.  If I can lose another 13 I'll be back to my 2010 weight when I met my wife lol.  That's goal one but ultimate goal is around 180.

I started Atkins March 22, my weight has gotten WAY outta control. I am just sticking to induction till the end of April, which means less than 20 carbs per day. I try to stay under ten. I am down 14lbs so far.

Trying to eat a salad a day. Drink close to 100 ounces of water or close to it, and a multivitamin every day as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally broke the 210 barrier!  It was 209.9 but still lol.  This morning I hit 209.2.  Belt has moved over a notch, my man boobs have shrunk, and I no longer have a dickie-do!!! :lol:  All good things, I hope everyone else continues to do well!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2018 at 9:32 AM, fansince88 said:

190.4 today. Per my Scale App I'm at 31.0 BMI and started @ 198lbs and 33.5BMI. Anyone that understands BMI knows that I was fat. LOL

Awesome congrats!  I just put the numbers in and my BMI at start of 225 was 33.2.  I'm now down to 204.6 and my BMI is 30.2.  I don't really care for it though as I would have to get to 165 for "normal".  At 165 I look emaciated and like someone needs to feed me a burger lol.  BMI is a standard but not one I really pay attention to.

I'm pumped though.  Officially down 20 pounds!  200 seems a lot more achievable now than it did at the start.  I have become a bit obsessed though.  I have begun eating sandwiches using lettuce as the bread which saves a ton of calories and is actually good.  I eat a lot differently and stopped eating when I was bored but it really has been easier than I though to stay disciplined.  I drink a ton more water to curb my hunger many times too.

Hope all of you are enjoying success as well!

1 hour ago, section122 said:

Awesome congrats!  I just put the numbers in and my BMI at start of 225 was 33.2.  I'm now down to 204.6 and my BMI is 30.2.  I don't really care for it though as I would have to get to 165 for "normal".  At 165 I look emaciated and like someone needs to feed me a burger lol.  BMI is a standard but not one I really pay attention to.

I'm pumped though.  Officially down 20 pounds!  200 seems a lot more achievable now than it did at the start.  I have become a bit obsessed though.  I have begun eating sandwiches using lettuce as the bread which saves a ton of calories and is actually good.  I eat a lot differently and stopped eating when I was bored but it really has been easier than I though to stay disciplined.  I drink a ton more water to curb my hunger many times too.

Hope all of you are enjoying success as well!

20 lbs is great. Keep chugging along. The fact that you are loosing slowly is great. Keeps it off longer. My biggest deal is I used to be uncomfortable sitting in the same jeans I now have to pull up constantly....because of the weight training. Alos because of the weight traini g I have not lost as much weight as I could have but at this rate 180-85 will be ideal.

On 5/17/2018 at 11:58 AM, fansince88 said:

20 lbs is great. Keep chugging along. The fact that you are loosing slowly is great. Keeps it off longer. My biggest deal is I used to be uncomfortable sitting in the same jeans I now have to pull up constantly....because of the weight training. Alos because of the weight traini g I have not lost as much weight as I could have but at this rate 180-85 will be ideal.

I am able to button all of my 34 pants.  I can't move in them yet but I can button them.  I knew I held onto them for a reason! lol  I haven't done any weight training.  Really I hate working out.  My wife built her diet plan with exercise so she gets more calories than me.  I knew I wouldn't do it so I built mine without the exercise.  203.7 this week so I'm still making progress.

I drink so much water to curb my "bored eating" and it really does help.  Not snacking late at night has probably been 75% of how I have dropped the weight.  I really miss bad food though lol.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, section122 said:

I am able to button all of my 34 pants.  I can't move in them yet but I can button them.  I knew I held onto them for a reason! lol  I haven't done any weight training.  Really I hate working out.  My wife built her diet plan with exercise so she gets more calories than me.  I knew I wouldn't do it so I built mine without the exercise.  203.7 this week so I'm still making progress.

I drink so much water to curb my "bored eating" and it really does help.  Not snacking late at night has probably been 75% of how I have dropped the weight.  I really miss bad food though lol.

Thats why i excersize 

Officially broke the 20 pound threshold today. When i started the keto diet in late March I was tipping the scales @ 276, this morning I weighed in @ 254. lost 10-15 in first month, as when you start a low carb diet you lose all excess water weight upfront. Weight loss will be slow and steady from here on out. I have started to comfortably wear shirts that I haven't been able to fit into since 2012 to work, and my current work clothes are so baggy they makes me look like a homeless bum who got free clothes from the salvation army.

I have incorporated "Perfect Keto Base" powder into my hydration routine, and it seems to help a lot in keeping me in heavy ketosis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2018 at 10:06 AM, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Officially broke the 20 pound threshold today. When i started the keto diet in late March I was tipping the scales @ 276, this morning I weighed in @ 254. lost 10-15 in first month, as when you start a low carb diet you lose all excess water weight upfront. Weight loss will be slow and steady from here on out. I have started to comfortably wear shirts that I haven't been able to fit into since 2012 to work, and my current work clothes are so baggy they makes me look like a homeless bum who got free clothes from the salvation army.

I have incorporated "Perfect Keto Base" powder into my hydration routine, and it seems to help a lot in keeping me in heavy ketosis.

Little late seeing this but congrats!!!  I started at 225 and hit a wall at 210.  Now I at about 201 and have hit another wall.  The way my clothes fit has been an eye opener for how big I allowed myself to get.  I wore a shirt to a job fair that used to be stretched over my gut and was almost too baggy.  It's strange but even minus the almost 25 pounds I feel really big and gross lol.

Congrats again and keep up the good work!!!

199.3 on the scale!!! First goal down and I'm rewarding myself with a steak sub lol.  I go to Disney end of July and hope to be at 190 for that trip.

Just checked my BMI is 29.4, I'm no longer obese! :lol: Now I'm just overweight.

Edited by section122

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to chime in to say that this book helped me tremendously.   I knew what I should be eating but had a hard me actually doing it.  There's hypnosis involved (only works after you read the book) and of course nothing worth it is ever easy, but it worked, and it didn't feel hard.

https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Weight-Allen-Carrs-Easyway/dp/1784044954/

I went from ~260 to 180 in about 5 months primarily just by changing my diet, and have gained back a bit but have been around 190 for a year and a half now.  Main things I did - 

• cutting out sugar (biggest thing)
  • cutting way back on meat
  • fruit and vegetables for breakfast and dinner and a regular meal for dinner