Zay demoted behind Deonte

BuffaloBillyG

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Deonte has had two big plays which directly led to us winning both this past game abd the TB game. Zay has had like zero.  Hard to argue with that.

Although I'd still like to know why Thompson can't get much separation deep when he runs a 4.3 40...he's faster than Watkins but Watkins gets way more open than him.

Had TT thrown a better pass and Zay caught that ball we could have won the Panthers game.  

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Deonte had an okay catch in a fluke game and with an absolute dime of a throw. He really hasn't shown anything all year, why is the board suddenly anointing him king playmaker??

They say you are always remembered for not how you start but how you FINISH.  That catch by Thompson will remain in everyone's memory.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well give him props for that one.  If ever there were a game for a guy playing WR with a dicey knee to sit out, that would be the one

Yeah, I was impressed not only by his willingness to play in the first place, but coming back into the game.

2 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Zay  jones will be all pro in this league.  Rough start yes but he has got his legs underneath now and will only get better.  He is like Eric mounds. Next year watch out when Kirk cousin is throwing to him

I hope you and all the rest saying this are right.

I have been following his so called development....

So far though I have seen nothing. Routine drops, tuff catches in hands drops, no run after catch, no game breaking speed, no jumpball skill, no outside deep threat, playing volleyball in end zone, no end zone threat, no red zone threat, no return game apparently as he never does that, no ST play of note,

They have continued to force the ball to him because he was a high draft choice, wr corp is putrid, and he is a McDerma guy apparently.

Just exactly what do all you guys see in him that tells you he is an all pro in the making?

I am listening......

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yeah, I was impressed not only by his willingness to play in the first place, but coming back into the game.

It all looked good and like a smart decision until he fell face first into a 12" pile of snow like falling into a huge feather bed and came up hurt.

He must not be close to healthy yet. Fighting through it is commendable and I hope he and medical staff are smart about this.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Zay  jones will be all pro in this league.  Rough start yes but he has got his legs underneath now and will only get better.  He is like Eric mounds. Next year watch out when Kirk cousin is throwing to him

All pro?

Kirk Cousins?

Are you drunk?

4 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Put the bottle down. All pro? E. Mounds? K. Cousins. Quite an imagination this young man has. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Relax.

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why is Rotoworld only reporting this and not the likes of Chris Brown, Mike Rodak, Sal C, Sal M, Joe B, Vic Carucci etc....

I think next year, Zay is our slot replacing Matthews.

Rotoworld is quoting Rodak via twitter as its source.

What is the status of Benjamin? That is the question... He had some “issues” in the blizzard (a/k/a drops), but he  was the key to the TD drive with Peterman tossing a couple great balls. THAT looked like professional football. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/12/2017 at 2:17 AM, Success said:

Yeah - I like how Zay has progressed. Deonte seems like more of a big play guy now, which we need.

With Benjamin healthy, our wr corps is pretty solid

Benjamin is not healthy. He is just game ready.   He will need the off season to recover from his knee injuries