Zay demoted behind Deonte

BuffaloBillyG

Good call. Jones was absolutely invisible yesterday. I focused on him a few times -in the game and on the sidelines. Deer in the headlights.

When it comes to WR decisions in the off season, I hope Beane doesn’t even consider he’s on the team. I’d hate to take a pass on a quality vet ‘because we have Zey’..

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Good call. Jones was absolutely invisible yesterday. I focused on him a few times -in the game and on the sidelines. Deer in the headlights.

When it comes to WR decisions in the off season, I hope Beane doesn’t even consider he’s on the team. I’d hate to take a pass on a quality vet ‘because we have Zey’..

What WR (or any player for that matter) didn’t look like a deer in headlights yesterday playing in a foot of snow?  I think Zay Jones has a bright future for this team as a slot WR. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I hope that they dont overlook the correct TYPE of receiver.

This team still lacks the true burner that gets behind the defense....need at least one good one on the team.  Thompson is the closest thing.

• Like (+1) 1

i like what deonte has brought to the team. hr seems like a nice contributor. i think that zay is a good kid with a lot of talent/ he has shown flashes here and there but has also been wildly inconsistent. i think all he needs is that one game where he gets targeted a ton and the ball keeps coming his way. i think it is only a matter of time (and targets) for him.

Here Is the weird part. Jones sucks the first like 8 games of the year but they continue to play him over Thompson. Jones finally looks like he is coming around as a player the past few weeks, and now they demote him?... Why wouldn't they do this earlier in the year if anything?

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Deonte had an okay catch in a fluke game and with an absolute dime of a throw. He really hasn't shown anything all year, why is the board suddenly anointing him king playmaker??

An "okay" catch? Really?

He's actually made several key grabs this season. No one is anointing him king anything just yet but there really isn't a question that he's been a better playmaker than Zay this year. Glad to see him get the promotion.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Here Is the weird part. Jones sucks the first like 8 games of the year but they continue to play him over Thompson. Jones finally looks like he is coming around as a player the past few weeks, and now they demote him?... Why wouldn't they do this earlier in the year if anything?

Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out. He's looked like the best wr on the field the last few weeks(not saying much with benjamin out and matthews hobbled). 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1