Zay demoted behind Deonte

BuffaloBillyG

13 minutes ago, Jackington said:

The statement was competent qb play, not years in the league

No, the major point was years in the league.  Meaning that many great WR's struggled as rookies or even 2nd year players.

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, the major point was years in the league.  Meaning that many great WR's struggled as rookies or even 2nd year players.

Seriously man. Here is the quote. What are you talking about? That wasn't his point. 

" I watched Roddy White struggle in Atlanta his first few years. I then saw Roddy play with a competent pocket passing QB "

14 minutes ago, Jackington said:

Seriously man. Here is the quote. What are you talking about? That wasn't his point. 

" I watched Roddy White struggle in Atlanta his first few years. I then saw Roddy play with a competent pocket passing QB "

OK, fair enough with what he said specifically.  I was more focusing on the "first few years" section in light of what others were saying about how many rookie/young WR's struggle.

51 minutes ago, Jackington said:

Once White had a few years in the league and a competent  passing QB he played well. Vick wasn’t a good pocket passer or accurate one at that point in his career. 

And that 4-12 Season was a lost season. You need to tell the entire story. 

On 12/11/2017 at 4:43 PM, billsfan11 said:

Here Is the weird part. Jones sucks the first like 8 games of the year but they continue to play him over Thompson. Jones finally looks like he is coming around as a player the past few weeks, and now they demote him?... Why wouldn't they do this earlier in the year if anything?

Ive wondered that too.  It's one thing to have a promising rookie get as many reps as possible, but Deonte is the better player in separation and hands.  And had a helluva block on a DE yest.

On 12/11/2017 at 3:50 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Deonte had an okay catch in a fluke game and with an absolute dime of a throw. He really hasn't shown anything all year, why is the board suddenly anointing him king playmaker??

Deonte has had a few OKAY catches since he's been here!

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Ive wondered that too.  It's one thing to have a promising rookie get as many reps as possible, but Deonte is the better player in separation and hands.  And had a helluva block on a DE yest.

Yes and he also alligater armed a very catchable deep pass due to a safety coming at him over the top. Sorry.. but you have to make those plays. He is what he is.. a mediocre wr..    

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/11/2017 at 2:50 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Deonte had an okay catch in a fluke game and with an absolute dime of a throw. He really hasn't shown anything all year, why is the board suddenly anointing him king playmaker??

I think that catch against the Colts was HUGE 

( IMO) if not for that catch we probably lose that game 

3 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Yes and he also alligater armed a very catchable deep pass due to a safety coming at him over the top. Sorry.. but you have to make those plays. He is what he is.. a mediocre wr..    

not hardly right now he blows. has lost games for the Bills even. 

I have no idea how this turned so ugly after noting his college stats and                           his WR Coach now in Buffalo...

15 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Thompson looks like a legit wr.  

yep

18 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Thompson looks like a legit wr.  

Taylor is comfortable with him and his options are limited.

DT is still the same guy he was 3 years ago........doesn't track the ball great and will drop some easy ones...........but the talent dropoff at WR since he was cut in camp in 2015 has been PRECIPITOUS!    When it's all said and done, Zay may still be the most targeted WR on the Bills in 2017 and he's the worst rated WR in the entire NFL.:lol:  Has that EVER happened?   I can't imagine it has.   Receiving corps has been a problem.;)

8 hours ago, Doc said:

That was White's 3rd season in the NFL.

I thought White broke out with Redman?  The old Baltimore backup.

No kidding ........... looked it up :).  Forgot Harrington was even there.  I remember the Mon. night game.  Redman was throwing.