DC Frazier Announces Matt Milano as Starting WLB

26CornerBlitz

this defense will look completely different next year, once McDermott has his type of linebackers to run this defense.

I like Milano, and hope he continues to improve the rest of the way,  but think it's 50/50 at best he starts next year. absolutely think he deserves to play over Humber, but still think they look at drafting 1 early linebacker, 1 in the mid rounds and a f/a acquisition.  The Mike and Will backers are especially important if this defense wants to take it up to the next level

I've been saying for a while now, the makeup of this team specially on defense is going to look a whole lot different than it does right now, specifically the front 7.

I see at least 2 new DT's next year, 3 new LB's and a DE.    At least 4 of them being starters.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

When's the last time we had a late round pick who was even low end starter material? This past draft is shaping up to be great, one of the best in a long long time.

the competition they needed to overcome was questionable/ the draft is yet to be great and likely wont. Perhaps you are not used to a couple guys panning out for change ? is the Bills after all
and lets see how these guys look next year.
 and folks are wrong about Brown.

Humber had a few good games and then became slow and lost. an honest liability. he was always at best a special teamer and a rotational guy. at best.
Glad Milano has earned his place. Ain't perfect but continues to improve !!

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Milano reminds me so much of Zach Thomas but 20 lbs lighter and faster...he just has a nose for the ball and great instincts

easy tiger

4 hours ago, simpleman said:

Yes. Simple enough to know the difference from McBeane and McDermott. 

Simple is as Simple does. and i like your wit

Edited by 3rdand12

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

When's the last time we had a late round pick who was even low end starter material? This past draft is shaping up to be great, one of the best in a long long time.

Yup. 

As of right now now every single player from that draft is contributing. 

4 starters, 1 backup (QB) and 1 backup/special teams (Vallejo).

We obviously need to see what they turn into in the long term, but as of now that draft looks promising (IMO). 

If they hit like that in 2018, they are in damn good shape. 

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yup. 

As of right now now every single player from that draft is contributing. 

4 starters, 1 backup (QB) and 1 backup/special teams (Vallejo).

We obviously need to see what they turn into in the long term, but as of now that draft looks promising (IMO). 

If they hit like that in 2018, they are in damn good shape. 

Like i said, look at the competition they are trying to overcome.

that said i am quite pleased with some of these fellows.

White is jersey worthy

Edited by 3rdand12

6 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Fantastic draft pick.  Humber is good, but is more suited as a backup.  Matt looks to have a better all-around LB skill set.     

Yep. Turning into a very good draft. We all know Tre is an excellent corner. Dawkins has been very solid on the O line. Zay is starting to show his talent, although it appears that he don't like the snow.  Now add Milano as a starter at LB.  We are one Nathan Peterman good start away from saying with a straight face that we won the offseason.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Too late in the season to have him make a position switch, especially to "QB" of the defense.  Maybe next year, if they re-sign him. 

Hopefully not next year.  We need a new Lb unit minus milano at WLB.  He’d be good depth.  I’m just tired of watching Preston Brown.  Can’t wait til we have a new QB of the defend e

7 hours ago, joesixpack said:

And this is why I'm baffled by the reaction of some around here toward McBeane.

Well, a team that was supposed to win less than 6 games has a winning record and a playoff shot in December.  It's no surprise the thinking fans are so upset with the GM and HC.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

#53 with the eagles would have look great in this defense. Bradham is a beast, never should have let that guy leave.

everyone is talking QB of the offense, we equally need a QB of this defense just as bad. Preston is serviceable , but we really need an upgrade.

Yeah, in watching the Jax /Sea and Philly/Rams game there were ex-Bills making plays all over.  Bradham had a great game, as did Robey-Coleman.  Pozlusny was all over the field for the Jags.  Dareus was in on some tackles but he was taking on double teams for most of what I saw, so that helps his teammates.  Sammy scored another TD.