DC Frazier Announces Matt Milano as Starting WLB

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Considering he's on a gurney somewhere, probably similar to what it is "rite" now.

Lol idk man theres too many variables to think he definitely wouldve torn his acl here. He wouldve had a lighter load with shady here. Then again Dennison is trash so maybe we would be under 500

3 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

No need for the name calling sir.

The QB situation is a very good example of the "wheels coming off" You cannot have the production that TT had in some of those games and hope to win...that WAS a McD call and regardless of the 5 interception game I still think it may have been the right one......McD was looking for a spark.   I LOVE that he gambles instead of goes with the status quo because of what people might think.

He doesnt call the defensive game...the Tolbert thing I think is a example of something (imo) that he delegated down....for some reason Frasier likes Tolbert (i dont know why) for some reason Frasier likes Decauuse (dont ask me why)

Dennison should be fired IMMEDIATELY after the season provided a better OC comes available because i dont want him touching whatever QB we actually draft.

what I am saying is.....I think McD is handling it correctly...he delegates down to experienced coordinators under him and manages everything....that is what a HC is SUPPOSED to do.

...dead on John......the yipsters will yip regardless.......Hoyer got benched for Bethard....Glennon for Mitchell.....Savage for Watson....would get carpal tunnel listing the 38 benchings/starts, re-benching/re-starts in Cleveland......it happens in this game.....TT was good....TT was bad......hence no consistency and the same goes for Dennison's mumblin', fumblin' stumblin' play calling....despite McD being around the league, he's a rook managing EVERYTHING as you state, meaning mistakes will happen.....hell are well seasoned HC's in this league mistake free?...um right....

5 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Relax hemet. I can agree with a lot of what you said. I dont think LAC was the best place to make the move vs a ferocious pass rush. I can excuse that as mcderm is still learning to be a hc. Also if you look at my 1st comment you responded to, i never blamed the lb and rb2 personell calls on mcderm anyway. Regardless who made them they are questionable. We will see if derm has the cojones to fire dennison on black monday

Right. Can you imagine if we took deshaun watson like whaley wanted to? I wonder what our record would be rite now.

I'm guessing 9-4 and our QB search would finally be over.

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

ccNLraU.gif

No one here is happier for you than I am for your recent discovery of memes and I couldn't be happier for you.  Really, I couldn't be happier for you if I tried and I did try.  I guess what I'm trying to say is pace yourself.

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

you really ARE simple if you don't understand that McDermott ran that draft.

Carry on, hater.

McDermott, a rookie HC, built a draft board and executed the draft in a mere 3 months?  I could've sworn that job normally took a team of a dozen men all year to prepare?  But McD, the rookie HC with no history of scouting or GM responsibilities did this by himself?  That's very impressive. 

Do you have any proof of this?  It seems highly unlikely to me, but I see how its convenient for some of you.

41 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Maybe because Beane wasn't a part of the organization until after the draft.  McDermott was hired in January.  This draft was run by Doug Whaley and the draft board prepped by his team. 

You think Pegula left Whaley in charge while planning to fire him? And that Whaley just happened to pick players that had visited Carolina including 2 trade ups for players that were expected to be drafted by Carolina? Let's be realistic, McDermott was calling the shots.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You think Pegula left Whaley in charge while planning to fire him? And that Whaley just happened to pick players that had visited Carolina including 2 trade ups for players that were expected to be drafted by Carolina? Let's be realistic, McDermott was calling the shots.

Bingo.

Boomshakalaka

Whaley and the scouts underneath him did the vast majority of the scouting and they set the board based on McD's needs and wants for a football team.   Whaley set the table, McD pulled the trigger.  Anyone who believes that Whaley was the main decision maker simply isn't thinking this out too well.

Edited by Magox
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

Whaley and the scouts underneath him did the vast majority of the scouting and they set the board based on McD's needs and wants for a football team.   Whaley set the table, McD pulled the trigger.  Anyone who believes that Whaley was the main decision maker simply isn't thinking this out too well.

Anyone who believes that McD was the architect of this draft down to 5th and 6th round picks isn't reviewing all the facts.

The Pegula's trust a rookie HC with no personnel experience to run the whole draft?   If that's the case, then how did McD even do it?  We can safely rule out the possibility that he did 9 months of scouting and put together his own board in 3 months.  Did he just steal the Panthers whole draft board?  How much access does a defensive coordinator have to the draft process?  Was Beane complicit in leaking it weeks before he accepted the job as Bills GM?  Dave Gettleman was still the GM in Carolina, so if Beane did do something as unethical as leak the Panthers board to his future employer how much of that board is even his?  Lots of questions here.

I don't doubt that McD had influence on this draft particularly the Dawkins pick but I'm not going to give the guy a ton of credit for executing Carolina's draft strategy.  I would prefer to wait and see Beane and McDermott actually put together their OWN draft before touting their scouting ability.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Anyone who believes that McD was the architect of this draft down to 5th and 6th round picks isn't reviewing all the facts.

The Pegula's trust a rookie HC with no personnel experience to run the whole draft?   If that's the case, then how did McD even do it?  We can safely rule out the possibility that he did 9 months of scouting and put together his own board in 3 months.  Did he just steal the Panthers whole draft board?  How much access does a defensive coordinator have to the draft process?  Was Beane complicit in leaking it weeks before he accepted the job as Bills GM?  Dave Gettleman was still the GM in Carolina, so if Beane did do something as unethical as leak the Panthers board to his future employer how much of that board is even his?  Lots of questions here.

I don't doubt that McD had influence on this draft particularly the Dawkins pick but I'm not going to give the guy a ton of credit for executing Carolina's draft strategy.  I would prefer to wait and see Beane and McDermott actually put together their OWN draft before touting their scouting ability.

He wasn't the architect, I didn't even come close to suggesting he was.   But he was the main decision maker.

Edited by Magox

Milano should be a fixture for years.....a great later round pick.

Now what we need are.

- A quality DT in free agency that can both stop the run and push the pocket.

In the draft we need

- An edge that can get pressure like Jerry Hughes does

- A MLB that can actually get sideline to sideline and make plays

Hitting on these late draft picks like Milano helps this team so much.....I remember when he was drafted a lot of use were like WTF because we thought he was too small.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

When's the last time we had a late round pick who was even low end starter material? This past draft is shaping up to be great, one of the best in a long long time.

Those are guys that tend to be very scheme specific and we swap schemes every three weeks the last decade. Makes sense few contribute here but some have elsewhere. Seymour is contributing in Carolina, won’t be shocked if Jon Williams does, Karlos for a stretch, NRC is making plays in LA. Cockrell in Pittsburgh

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Those are guys that tend to be very scheme specific and we swap schemes every three weeks the last decade. Makes sense few contribute here but some have elsewhere. Seymour is contributing in Carolina, won’t be shocked if Jon Williams does, Karlos for a stretch, NRC is making plays in LA. Cockrell in Pittsburgh

Cockrell moved on the the NYG this season, but your point is well taken.