Anyone still alive in the playoffs?

Buftex

I won so I'm in. 10 team league made it as the 3 seed. 

Im going against a beastly lineup. Hopefully Hunt and Gurley go bonkers. I also send Jamison some crab legs and put 

on the package.

Are you still in it?

my opponent.

wilson

bell

anderson

dez

allen

gronk

boswell

Diggs

i don't remember his D

me

Dak/Keenum

Gurley

Hunt

Gordon

Evans

Theilen

Delanie

Jake Elliot

Jags D

I am still in.  The 3rd seed.  I won my first game this past weekend.  When Winston got hurt, I picked up Phillip Rivers and Jarrod Goff, and was streaming them....it proved very positive.  Rivers has been on fire.  Goff has been very solid too... a few weeks ago I got 263 points (the league previous high was 190)...

My running backs are my weak spot (Jamal Williams, Joe Mixon, CJ Anderson and Mike Davis), but my receivers have been spectacular (Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen, Nelson Agholar, Marquise Goodwin and DeSean Jackson).  Also, I am ashamed to say I have Gronkowski, who has had a great fantasy season...had to start Evan Engram this past weekend.    I have been going with the Seahawks defense all year...been solid, more weeks than not. 

Interestigly, my kicker was Hauschka...I cut him Sunday morning when I saw the weather...picked up Forbath, the VIkings kicker...he got me 10 points, as opposed to 1 that Hauschka would have given me.

Kinda nervous this week...I am afraid my luck will run out with guys like Brown and Allen...

My opponent has Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara, Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce, Doug Baldwin, Mike Evans...  a lot of big play guys.  I really want to win this thing!   We play for a pretty decent prize (about $1500), and I could really use it this year!

22 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I won so I'm in. 10 team league made it as the 3 seed. 

Im going against a beastly lineup. Hopefully Hunt and Gurley go bonkers. I also send Jamison some crab legs and put 

on the package.

Are you still in it?

my opponent.

wilson

bell

anderson

dez

allen

gronk

boswell

Diggs

i don't remember his D

me

Dak/Keenum

Gurley

Hunt

Gordon

Evans

Theilen

Delanie

Jake Elliot

Jags D

I like your chances there.  You got great RB's and very solid QB & WR.  I have a feeling Mike Evans is in for a big game this week...it will be a MNF for the Bucs.  I am tempted to play Winston myself...but I have to stick with Rivers right now.

18 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I am still in.  The 3rd seed.  I won my first game this past weekend.  When Winston got hurt, I picked up Phillip Rivers and Jarrod Goff, and was streaming them....it proved very positive.  Rivers has been on fire.  Goff has been very solid too... a few weeks ago I got 263 points (the league previous high was 190)...

My running backs are my weak spot (Jamal Williams, Joe Mixon, CJ Anderson and Mike Davis), but my receivers have been spectacular (Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen, Nelson Agholar, Marquise Goodwin and DeSean Jackson).  Also, I am ashamed to say I have Gronkowski, who has had a great fantasy season...had to start Evan Engram this past weekend.    I have been going with the Seahawks defense all year...been solid, more weeks than not. 

Interestigly, my kicker was Hauschka...I cut him Sunday morning when I saw the weather...picked up Forbath, the VIkings kicker...he got me 10 points, as opposed to 1 that Hauschka would have given me.

Kinda nervous this week...I am afraid my luck will run out with guys like Brown and Allen...

My opponent has Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara, Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce, Doug Baldwin, Mike Evans...  a lot of big play guys.  I really want to win this thing!   We play for a pretty decent prize (about $1500), and I could really use it this year!

I like your chances there.  You got great RB's and very solid QB & WR.  I have a feeling Mike Evans is in for a big game this week...it will be a MNF for the Bucs.  I am tempted to play Winston myself...but I have to stick with Rivers right now.

Good luck! Your payout is better than mine we only do 100 entry for 10 people.

Brown/Allen/Goodwin for this week? That should carry you. If weather ends up impacting any games DEDE is a high upside guy this week that might be available. 

the first place guy ended up losing because Drake went nuts so now that he is the two seed I like my chances a bit better.

Stafford

Ingram

gordon

agholor

Hill 

Rudolph

Freeman

zuerlion

lions D

I'm going to use my waiver priority to pick up the Saints D and block him from taking them against the Jets and Petty. 

• Like (+1) 1

I love the "block" move in regards to the Saints D.   I am surprised they are still available!

I remember doing that many years ago...can't remember the specifics now, but I think my playoff opponent had a good starting QB, who went down.  There was only one legit starter available on waivers...as I had the priority waver edge, I picked him up, so he couldn't get him.  It caused a ****-storm in our league...somebody wanted to boot me out, saying it was a "dick move".  To me, that is part of the fun of FF is maneuvering the wavier wire... now everyone does it...if they are paying attention.

Our league has 12 teams...its $100 each to play.  We each get 5 free wavier moves, and then it is $5 for each move you make, after that.  The runner up for the "championship game" gets their $100 fee back, the winner gets $1100, plus any waiver wire money accumulated.  It normally works out to about $1400- 1500.

I play to win, and don't worry about the cost...I think I have about 21 waiver moves this season...so I am into it for $200.  If I win, its' worth it...if I lose...eh, it sucks, but it was fun competing.

8 hours ago, Buftex said:

I love the "block" move in regards to the Saints D.   I am surprised they are still available!

I remember doing that many years ago...can't remember the specifics now, but I think my playoff opponent had a good starting QB, who went down.  There was only one legit starter available on waivers...as I had the priority waver edge, I picked him up, so he couldn't get him.  It caused a ****-storm in our league...somebody wanted to boot me out, saying it was a "dick move".  To me, that is part of the fun of FF is maneuvering the wavier wire... now everyone does it...if they are paying attention.

Our league has 12 teams...its $100 each to play.  We each get 5 free wavier moves, and then it is $5 for each move you make, after that.  The runner up for the "championship game" gets their $100 fee back, the winner gets $1100, plus any waiver wire money accumulated.  It normally works out to about $1400- 1500.

I play to win, and don't worry about the cost...I think I have about 21 waiver moves this season...so I am into it for $200.  If I win, its' worth it...if I lose...eh, it sucks, but it was fun competing.

I like the payout structure and your approach. Seems similar to myself. Good luck this weekend let's take home some money.

People wanted to remove you over a block!? I'm glad that is pretty much expected now because no one should feel guilty from playing their position, I assume you are one of the higher contributors to the "pot" and people still B word lol.

The guy in our league who ended up in first place only made 4 transactions all year. We don't charge for them but it is the first time I have seen this happen. I released Kamara around week 3 so perhaps next season I will also look to limit my own transactions.

cheers! Let's bring this $ home!

Anyone care to make a recommendation at Running Back:

Jamal Williams (Packers) @Carolina

CJ Anderson (Broncos) @Colts (Thursday Night)

Mike Davis (Seahawks) vs LA Rams

Joe Mixon (Bengals) @Vikings

Doug Martin (Buccaneers) vs Falcons (Monday Night)

Payton Barber (Buccaneers) vs Falcons (Monday Night)

I am starting Jamal Williams, despite the tough match-up, because, for better or worse, he has been the best of my running backs, in recent weeks.

It's tough, because Davis and Mixon both have injury concerns...neither has been ruled out for Sunday, but could be game-time decisions....

Also, defense/ST decision:

Seahawks vs LA Rams

or

Vikings vs Bengals

The Vikings may seem like the "no brainer" pick, but I have stuck with the Seahawks defense all year, and they have been solid, when not spectacular...except for last week against the Jaguars, when they only got me 1 point.

Any input is appreciated!

Anderson is a good bet for a touchdown tonight. I think the Broncos control that game and spend a good portion of it winding down the clock. Maybe 14-16 points standard league.

I'd also go Vikings D. They will be hungry after a tough loss last week and the Bengals are ready to go golfing already.

On 12/14/2017 at 1:01 PM, Commonsense said:

Anderson is a good bet for a touchdown tonight. I think the Broncos control that game and spend a good portion of it winding down the clock. Maybe 14-16 points standard league.

I'd also go Vikings D. They will be hungry after a tough loss last week and the Bengals are ready to go golfing already.

We think alike! I went with CJ Anderson...no TD, but 158 yards rushing was good for 20.8 points! With my subpar RBs, I'm relieved to get anything over 9 with any of them. Got my fingers crossed that Jamal Williams can stay hot another 2 weeks!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Going all the way ! 

Cam, Foles, Hopkins, Cooks, Jeffrey, Kamara, Gurley, Cook, and Jordan Howard

On pace for 260.00 today ??????

Yup;  I'm #1 seed and looks like I'll be matched up with the #2 seed next week for the title.   I have the same 3 in my backfield!   Plus future Bills QB Kirk Cousins, Julio/Evans, Rudolph and the Jags.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Yup;  I'm #1 seed and looks like I'll be matched up with the #2 seed next week for the title.   I have the same 3 in my backfield!   Plus future Bills QB Kirk Cousins, Julio/Evans, Rudolph and the Jags.

Good luck KD.

After a great stretch of games (I think I was averaging over 150 points the last 6 weeks), everything that could go wrong for me, pretty much went wrong this weekend... I am currently up by 2.5 points, but my opponent has Mike Evans going into tonights' MNF game.

For me, Rivers and Keenan Allen were pretty much down shut down on Saturday night...I figured there was a chance they would be slowed down, but not shut down.  Rivers only got me 9 points....I really thought he was a 20pt minimum guy this week.

On Sunday, Anotonio Brown gets knocked out of the game early...and then, for my Flex I had to choose between Devin Funchess (2.90 points), Nelson Agholar (18.50 points) and Marquise Goodwin (27 points).  Foolishly, as it turns out, I picked Funchess...

To top it off, my opponent, who I think has the best team in our league, didn't have a great week either.  He had Hunt go off for 44 points, and Kamara bout 20...but the rest of his guys (Russell Wilson, Baldwin) were shut down...this should have been an easy win for me...

what a bummer...

I really thought I had a great chance to win the whole thing!  So, unless Mike Evans is a scratch tonight, I am most certainly done for the year.

Oh well, it was a really fun season...now just time to pay up, and "get 'em next year"

Edited by Buftex

It's a close one...

I'm currently down by 3, but I have Julio Jones and Matt Bryant going and my opponent has Devonta Freeman.  Projections show me getting 22.55 and him getting 13.11.  Yahoo says I'm a 64% favorite to win.

Fingers crossed...

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:09 PM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

It's a close one...

I'm currently down by 3, but I have Julio Jones and Matt Bryant going and my opponent has Devonta Freeman.  Projections show me getting 22.55 and him getting 13.11.  Yahoo says I'm a 64% favorite to win.

Fingers crossed...

Ouch...sorry Jay!  Freeman had a huge night...

17 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Yeah that was a real punch to the gonads

I know...it sounds silly, but getting bounced from the playoffs really hurt for me too.  Yesterday, I found myself scanning the waiver wires for this weeks' match-up...but there isn't one!

Also, just kicking myself...I went really big in on the Bucs this year, I really thought they were going to be one of the elite teams in the league...my whole plan going into the draft was to take Winston, because I knew he would be completely under-valued in our league, and I expected a huge year out of him...so I start him the first 6 or 7 weeks of the season, and he produced, until he got hurt...in that time, I picked up Philip Rivers, and he was fantastic..but I had this sneaking hunch that he was due for a sub-par game....I resisted the urge to go back to Winston this week, though the idea of him having a big game on MNF in a divisional game did cross my mind...so I don't go with "my guy" and he puts up a 31 point night, and I go with Rivers, who gets me 9...get knocked out by 18 points....if only, if only, if only....

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

In two finals, plus won the consolation game in one league, so officially in the money for three leagues.  Could be up to $400 richer by 7:30 Sunday.

Won one league, $600. The other 3, I finished 4th in two 12 man leagues and 7th in my 14 man league. 

Cutting it down to two leagues next year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.