12-11: McDermott and Coordinator Pressers

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I didn't agree with the decision to punt yesterday but to your point I also find it troubling how hard it is for people to see the forest through the trees.   Have to take these things on a game by game basis, and the result should be considered in that as well.   Had they gone for it and missed, and then lost the game people would be killing him for that.   Bottom line is just win.

Finkle seems to think our team's coach and his decisions have nothing to do with the win totals this year. No, really.

Edited by joesixpack

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I didn't agree with the decision to punt yesterday but to your point I also find it troubling how hard it is for people to see the forest through the trees.   Have to take these things on a game by game basis, and the result should be considered in that as well.   Had they gone for it and missed, and then lost the game people would be killing him for that.   Bottom line is just win.

and this is it.  

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How do individual tweets get inserted in this new board

Copy and Paste  works for me sometimes. Or use a Snipping tool

image.png.62157bfa6d7ac87a9381a4ebda1f04b8.png

Drag and Drop may be another option.

click in the Reply to This Topic   area then drag what you need into it 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Taylor is the starter when healthy

I actually agree with this. The Dolphins have a decent pass rush that can create havoc for young Nate and his decision making process. Additionally, Tyrod has had some of his better games against the Dolphins defense that has barely changed over the past few years. We should have the edge against them, especially since they won't have Jay busting out 200 plus yds. 

Just now, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Won 8 games last. Probably 9 wins this year at best. Woo hoo! Pop the champagne corks. The mediocrity continues.

That's not the totality.

Exceeding the win total while:

-Cutting dead/injured/expensive weight

-Changing team culture

-Acquiring a metric !@#$ton of picks

Is a successful season as judged by all but the most entrenched negative persons.

9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Finkle seems to think our team's coach and his decisions have nothing to do with the win totals this year. No, really.

Just because you obtain a good result doesn't mean all the decisions involved are good decisions.  I would argue that Brisett throwing behind a wide open ty Hilton played a bigger role in us winning than McDermott deciding to punt

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

Just because you obtain a good result doesn't mean all the decisions are involved are good decisions.  I would argue that Brisett throwing behind a wide open ty Hilton played a bigger role in us winning than McDermott deciding to punt

No, but if you take the season IN TOTALITY, the decisions have to be better more often than not in order to win games.

Common sense dictates that.

1 minute ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

Just because you obtain a good result doesn't mean all the decisions are involved are good decisions.  I would argue that Brisett throwing behind a wide open ty Hilton played a bigger role in us winning than McDermott deciding to punt

Knowing that you're playing against Brissett, and not Brady, is part of the decision.  Inaccurate throws were not unforeseeable...

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

That's not the totality.

-Changing team culture

Is a successful season as judged by all but the most entrenched negative persons.

Blah blah blah. Same crap Ive heard for seventeen years. We burn a timeout to consult with the staff on 4th and 1? With three minutes left in a game you have to win. I hated the call but I can see and argument for it. Burning a t.o. in that situation is inexcusable. You might be able to get away with that against the crappy colts. Your not getting away with it against a quality team in the playoffs if you make it. Some of us have higher standards than a participation trophy in the thursday night bowling league.

Edited by THEHARDTRUTH

18 minutes ago, JPP said:

This bozo wastes a timeout cause he wanted to make sure the staff were "okay" with the punt......if im reading that correctly than yikers this guy is a moron!

Seriously? You do not think that on such an important play it made sense to call  a timeout to review all of the variables in place? I disagreed with the decision to punt there, but the fact that a timeout was called and the coaching staff debated the prudence of the decision to punt at least verifies that the decision was not a knee-jerk one or one that was made without ample thought/discussion.

6 minutes ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

Just because you obtain a good result doesn't mean all the decisions involved are good decisions.  I would argue that Brisett throwing behind a wide open ty Hilton played a bigger role in us winning than McDermott deciding to punt

Did you not think that Sean might have thought that a very inexperienced Brissett playing qb in a blizzard driving the full length if the field making a mistake somewher aling the lines wasnt part if the thought to punt? Thats what variables are. It isnt in a vacuum, sunny day, Andrew Luck as the qb. Its Brissett in a snow storm. 

9 minutes ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

Pointed this out on a couple of occasions.  They were very very fortunate to win that game. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

That's not the totality.

-Changing team culture

Agree.  The Bills have subtracted talent from their roster and are getting same or better results.  Team will be very different next couple years personnel-wise due to added picks and cap room. 

13 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

No, but if you take the season IN TOTALITY, the decisions have to be better more often than not in order to win games.

Common sense dictates that.

Also feel free to cite the poll that says the vast majority thinks this season has been successful. Just love how people just make stuff up around here to prove a point. Was that a scientific poll? Who conducted it? What was the margin of error? Was it sponsored by Koolaid? 

Edited by THEHARDTRUTH

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Agree.  The Bills have subtracted talent from their roster and are getting same or better results.  Team will be very different next couple years personnel-wise due to added picks and cap room. 

I could see the team persuing DT Donald or Latulelielieleile

Just now, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Also feel free to cite the poll that says the vast majority thinks this season has been succesful. Just love how people just make stuff up around here to prove a point. Was that a scientific poll? Conducted it? What was the margin of error? Was it sponsored by Koolaid? 

W-L totals when taking into account the roster, plus additional off-field moves. Meaningful games in December, with a legitimate shot at the playoffs?

Sorry that you're a bitter !@#$wit, but those are factual things that are measurable.