If both Peterman and Taylor are cleared to play Sunday

28 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I want Peterman.  His two passes to Benjamin on the scoring drive before half were the best passes from a Buffalo QB in some time.  He actually knows how to use the weapons we have.  However, I think they will go with Tyrod.  Who knows really?  Difficult call for sure

Tough to do as much as he did in that weather and only 10 passes.  He had a better game than Tyrod did against New England.  That being said, I'd say it's up in the air

Maybe the best this year. But Tyrod had a few good connections to Zay

And routinely had great connections with Sammy last year

None beat the Pats. I'd imagine Belicheck would have Peterman throw 10 picks. The Pats always struggle when QBs scramble. Don't know why Tyrod doesn't scramble more often against them. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's why I said short leash.

No leash, burn that thing. No business on the field anymore unless Peterman can not play IMO. If both are ready Tyrod leash should not even be in discussion because he should not even be on the field IMO.

3 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Not based on the last time Tyrod played Miami.....I really do not care who starts at this point because Peterman showed some good stuff but this revisionist history because of  your hate is putrid

The blind COT still trying to put Tyrod on a higher pedistol over Peterman acting like the best QB is Tyrod is putrid. The only reason Tyrod is even in the discussion is because of Peterman injury not because he gives a better chance to win. If that was the case he would have played the Colts.

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

The blind COT still trying to put Tyrod on a higher pedistol over Peterman acting like the best QB is Tyrod is putrid. The only reason Tyrod is even in the discussion is because of Peterman injury not because he gives a better chance to win. If that was the case he would have played the Colts.

Like I said

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wow people think Peterman or a guy with 5/10 52 yards 5.3 YPA and a TD staked claim to the starting job.  (looks ALOT like TT numbers)

The only stake I see is drafting a QB, moving on from Tyrod and evaluating Peterman, nothing else matters.

couple of things here.... I think it should be tyrod. though I honestly don't care becuz neither should be the qb going into next season. which is why I find it comical that people use the future as an argument for Peterman. 

and the 2nd thing..... xrush routinely looks like a complete fool when he uses one or 2 games of tyrod being completely ineffective and talks like its the rule as opposed to the exception. tyrod has a history of nice games against the fins. so its just comical to me to say you know for sure he'll pass for 50 yds and lose. 

12 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

The only stake I see is drafting a QB, moving on from Tyrod and evaluating Peterman, nothing else matters.

staying in the 6th seed sorta matters.... but you're just so far gone at this point I shouldn't even have gotten started with you. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Tyrod doesn't make the crucial mitakes Peterman might if pressured

Peterman has the ability to hit the quick passes but hasn't shown enough to know whether he can avoid big mistakes

I think you start TT if there is a choice but if TT can't produce some consistent chain moving drives then you might have to switch mid game

Edited by ddaryl

48 minutes ago, cage said:

Realistically, I think Peterman stays in the concussion protocol most of the week, which will prevent a rookie from being able to adequately prepare for a game like this.  Just a question, when in concussion protocol players can't do anything, right??  They can't participate in meetings or anything??

not sure about meetings, but no practice. Then they can also be cleared to practice, but not yet cleared to play a game.

Edited by klos63

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wow people think Peterman or a guy with 5/10 52 yards 5.3 YPA and a TD staked claim to the starting job.  (looks ALOT like TT numbers)

I don't care who starts, I just want to win and make the playoffs. That being said, let's not take this stat line as it reads. Based on the circumstances of the game that is not as bad a line as it appears. It was done in one half of football and in a ridiculous blizzard. He played well considering. 

32 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO Tyrod does not help the chances in fact it limits it since Timid Tyrod does not throw. Best chance to win is to have a QB who throws. Talk about head banging wall, Tyrod does not make this offense better.

It's a tough call, and I don't claim to know what the answer is. You can say Peterman because he's the better quarterback, that's fine. I just don't want to hear that the staff is starting their quarterback based on who's "era" it's going to be next year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DocLawless said:

I don't care who starts, I just want to win and make the playoffs. That being said, let's not take this stat line as it reads. Based on the circumstances of the game that is not as bad a line as it appears. It was done in one half of football and in a ridiculous blizzard. He played well considering. 

I didn't allow excuses for Taylor I wont for Peterman

• Like (+1) 1

Peterman needed to show that he is capable of playing smart.

His decision to take on 3x defenders and dive head first for a potential 1-yard gain tells me he is not ready to win in the NFL today.   If he were to start, it wouldn't shock me for him to look decent at times and make some good tough throws... however I'd be more surprised if he doesn't cough up at least 1-fumble and 1-pick.  Tough to get the W against in a tough division game.

Tyrod has to start if you're serious about making the playoffs this year.

7 minutes ago, DocLawless said:

I'm hardly in the Peterman camp, but I thought he handled the situation well yesterday. No criticisms here.

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

Peterman needed to show that he is capable of playing smart.

His decision to take on 3x defenders and dive head first for a potential 1-yard gain tells me he is not ready to win in the NFL today.   If he were to start, it wouldn't shock me for him to look decent at times and make some good tough throws... however I'd be more surprised if he doesn't cough up at least 1-fumble and 1-pick.  Tough to get the W against in a tough division game.

Tyrod has to start if you're serious about making the playoffs this year.

that's nitpicking IMO

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, cage said:

Realistically, I think Peterman stays in the concussion protocol most of the week, which will prevent a rookie from being able to adequately prepare for a game like this.  Just a question, when in concussion protocol players can't do anything, right??  They can't participate in meetings or anything??

In the first stage no they can't. 

33 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

hoping to not see taylor, they need this game and taylor has sucked as of late but unfortunately peterman probably wont be cleared and they likely lose the game due to taylors incompetence under center.

to answer the OP though, if both are cleared they need to start the kid. hell he had a better game up until being knocked out in a blizzard then taylor had the last two home games in good weather.

that kid ran a perfect 2 min. drive and a td.   i'm willing to bet he can do more of that and i want to see it.   if tyrod starts i would be willing to bet we lose 2....done

if we start the kid, i actually get a feeling that winning out could be possible.