If both Peterman and Taylor are cleared to play Sunday

Don't know who the Bills will start. One things for sure though, if Peterman plays it is going to be a major hurdle. Miami can bring the heat and looks like they can cover too. If Miami's D is on its game it's likely going to be more like facing the Chargers than the Colts. Is Nate ready for this? Maybe we should pray for another blizzard.

If Tyrod is 100% good to go AND the Bills scheme and game plan with regard to what he can do (rather than to what he can't), I think that on balance Tyrod would probably give us our best shot and since the Bills are still in the playoff picture you would have to go with that. 

OTOH if Dennison is going to try turning Tyrod into a pocket passer, I'd rather roll the dice with NP.

16 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

Who is ball washing Peterman? Saying Peterman is a better option than Taylor is not ball washing anyone. No one is putting Peterman in the HOF, just a notch or 2 above a bad QB who put up historically bad numbers against the Patriots 2 weeks ago, quit, put a towel over his head and got carted off the field like a little B word. He is done in Buffalo. Only a concussion is going to put him back on the field. 

There both not franchise saving QBs. I think Tyrod is better and the team plays better when hes in there. History shows this is the case. You disagree. Its coo homie. I call it ball washing cuz no evidence supports he plays better.

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

There both not franchise saving QBs. I think Tyrod is better and the team plays better when hes in there. History shows this is the case. You disagree. Its coo homie. I call it ball washing cuz no evidence supports he plays better.

Tyrod's history against the Dolphins is actually very good: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00/gamelog/?opp_id=mia

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tyrod's history against the Dolphins is actually very good: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00/gamelog/?opp_id=mia

Ive been trying to point this out but some people just dont wanna hear it. He always balls out vs miami. This game is more on Dennison. Tyrod has proven he can play well vs the phins. Can Dennison call a game that gets us a W is the real question 

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

Ive been trying to point this out but some people just dont wanna hear it. He always balls out vs miami. This game is more on Dennison. Tyrod has proven he can play well vs the phins. Can Dennison call a game that gets us a W is the real question 

The only game he really struggled in against the Dolphins was the away game last year.

So hopefully the pattern continues and it's another solid game against them this week.

2 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

The Lost Boys would rather believe in Peter Pan.  I said before he's like the hot stove that some Bills' fans just have to keep touching. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, FearLess Price said:
1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

he's 0-2 in 16.  How in hell is that good? 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The only game he really struggled in against the Dolphins was the away game last year.

So hopefully the pattern continues and it's another solid game against them this week.

FWIW, the Bills have been able to handle Miami well before Typical Tyrod showed up. 

15 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

All im saying is that it not far to bash someone after one start and defend a 7 year vet when he does nothing to win a game.   People need to keep in mind that the offense is programed for 3 and out and not a true pocket passer. wr are not ready for the ball to be on them while covered and the oline is always trying to block for a QB that holds the ball and scrambles. 

Said the guy who calls TT 3 and out.   Look, I am certain that 99% of this board wants to move on from Tyrod, and I believe 95% feel that JP isn't the answer either.  But if both are healthy, I think that Taylor provides the better chance of winning, especially if the D is playing well.  If the D is a sieve and Taylor can't move the sticks, bring in the kid and try to air it out. 

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

If they are going to go with tyrod the rest of the way it's time to just live with what he is. Run read option, designed runs etc.  Enough with this make him into a franchise QB with timing passing and west coast concepts. He will never be that ever. 

I totally agree.... design what he does well. maximize what you can and then move the hell on when the season is done. 

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Said the guy who calls TT 3 and out.   Look, I am certain that 99% of this board wants to move on from Tyrod, and I believe 95% feel that JP isn't the answer either.  But if both are healthy, I think that Taylor provides the better chance of winning, especially if the D is playing well.  If the D is a sieve and Taylor can't move the sticks, bring in the kid and try to air it out. 

there you have it. 100%

5 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

If they are going to go with tyrod the rest of the way it's time to just live with what he is. Run read option, designed runs etc.  Enough with this make him into a franchise QB with timing passing and west coast concepts. He will never be that ever. 

1000 times this. We are in the hunt for a playoff spot.  Not the time to force a square peg in a round hole.  Play to your strengths. 

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

He earned his name this year, year 7 in the NFL......WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY past his first start.

4 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Alex Smith is ten times better than Tyrod...the first half of the year he was in the MVP conversation lol.  That is just a horrid comparison to me.  I prefer to see what we have in the rookie than watch Tyrod's 3 and outs.  Kaepernick led San Fran a few years ago into the SB after his first few starts...not saying Peterman would do that but to say never...

And you honestly think the wide receivers are good with Tyrod at QB?  He doesn't throw to them often at all.  He's too scared to make a mistake to win us any kind of important game

I based the conversation around if both were healthy...obviously if one isn't healthy, the other will start.  

I agree that Alex Smith is better than Hotrod and hope we can get him on our team next year.

As far as the bolded goes, that's what pre season is for.  Right now we're trying to win games.  Coach McDermott thinks Hotrod give us the best chance.  He was right on the punt.  Maybe he's right here too?

Just now, Tenhigh said:

SO you are going to give Peterman 7 years of crappy football before you admit he's not the answer either?

nope, just the rest of this year, so next year they know what to do with all the picks they have ........I was done with 3 and out half way last year, the Bills need a QB that can and wants to throw the ball.......and again, Peterman is a rookie and still has not played a FULL game, yes he threw 5 ints in his FIRST start against a very good Def. but  I dont think 60 or so passing yards a game is going to matter in the postseason, which i dont even think they make it with our without 3 and out, so start the rookie NOW and find out what he is.....

3 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

The topic is if both are ready to play. I say start TT and if he does like usually does , let NP take over at  Halftime.

I guess since the playoffs are within reach you start Taylor. I would say if we struggle to score points then Taylor is out at halftime and Peterman finishes out the season. I would start Peterman over TT if I had to make a choice.

29 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I guess since the playoffs are within reach you start Taylor. I would say if we struggle to score points then Taylor is out at halftime and Peterman finishes out the season. I would start Peterman over TT if I had to make a choice.

apparently we hold the 6th seed.   sooo.....  

2 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

nope, just the rest of this year, so next year they know what to do with all the picks they have ........I was done with 3 and out half way last year, the Bills need a QB that can and wants to throw the ball.......and again, Peterman is a rookie and still has not played a FULL game, yes he threw 5 ints in his FIRST start against a very good Def. but  I dont think 60 or so passing yards a game is going to matter in the postseason, which i dont even think they make it with our without 3 and out, so start the rookie NOW and find out what he is.....

EVEN IF NASTY Nate plays the last 3 games, we won't know if he's THE GUY or not.  He'll do more bad stiff and some good stuff. The reason he hasn't played a full game yet is because he makes bad decisions. Throwing ducks up for grabs like it's a Division II spring game and diving into tacklers head first.

Might as well try to win and end the drought while we have the chance. We may not next year.

5 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Right on and I agree with that. If we ever do get a franchise QB I will be washing his balls daily and be damn proud to do it.....