If both Peterman and Taylor are cleared to play Sunday

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

I disagree....when taking the totality of circumstances into effect, Peterman played admirably - although also stupidly when it comes to sliding - and showed a little life when it truly mattered. 

Tyrod probably gets the start because the playoffs are still on the line, but IMHO Peterman showed at least enough to give him another start. 

I wish I could agree. I personally never want to see Tyrod play for us ever again. But I remain objective. Unfortunately the crazy weather and the injury took away from Peterman securing the job without question. So...with Tyrod being a game time decision, he must have been close to ready. He gets the start this week, even if Peterman is cleared.

hoping to not see taylor, they need this game and taylor has sucked as of late but unfortunately peterman probably wont be cleared and they likely lose the game due to taylors incompetence under center.

to answer the OP though, if both are cleared they need to start the kid. hell he had a better game up until being knocked out in a blizzard then taylor had the last two home games in good weather.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

McDermott after the Saints game: Tyrod is our starting QB.

Following Tuesday - I've decided to start Nate Peterman.

I hear ya, but you have to take things in context. First one was right after the game. The most recent "Tyrod is our starter" came later in the week. Post-tape McD is the word to trust and this past week didn't deem a change of mind.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

McDermott: "Tyrod healthy is the starting QB."

He was saying for that week though. I don’t think that was a universal statement for the rest of the year. Just a week to week thing. And now Petermans last start was certainly a different feeling then @ LA. Plus looking at some charger games since that day, it seems less pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I hear ya, but you have to take things in context. First one was right after the game. The most recent "Tyrod is our starter" came later in the week. Post-tape McD is the word to trust and this past week didn't deem a change of mind.

I think McDermott starts Taylor if he's healthy.  But wouldn't be overly shocked if he goes with Nate.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If Taylor is healthy, start Taylor but have him on a short leash.

He's been awful in his last 2 home games and if it starts to look like the offense again is doing nothing....I would get Peterman warming up in the bullpen. (If he's healthy).

Short leash? Come on man. Miami's D is going to eat Timid Tyrod for breakfest, this is another Jets game in the waiting. If Tyrod starts expect a big loss IMO.

29 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

If McD stays true to his word, it's Tyrod. Peterman didn't do enough to take the job back if both are healthy.

I actually dont agree with that

Before Peterman got hurt he was hitting receivers right in the hands and they were dropping them.....when Kelvin Benjamin caught that pass for a touchdown you could feel that the bills were about to pull away from the thing.

The rook needs to learn to protect himself...but his play was light years ahead of his first start.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He was saying for that week though. I don’t think that was a universal statement for the rest of the year. Just a week to week thing. And now Petermans last start was certainly a different feeling then @ LA. Plus looking at some charger games since that day, it seems less pathetic.

If Peterman is healthy I would think without question it's Peterman all the way.

Edited by xRUSHx

Just now, xRUSHx said:

Short leash? Come on man. Miami's D is going to eat Timid Tyrod for breakfest, this is another Jets game in the waiting. If Tyrod starts expect a big loss IMO.

Not based on the last time Tyrod played Miami.....I really do not care who starts at this point because Peterman showed some good stuff but this revisionist history because of  your hate is putrid

Just now, John from Hemet said:

I actually dont agree with that

Before Peterman got hurt he was hitting receivers right in the hands and they were dropping them.....when Kelvin Benjamin caught that pass for a touchdown you could feel that the bills were about to pull away from the thing.

The rook needs to learn to protect himself...but his play was light years ahead of his first start.

I won't argue he made a couple throws Tyrod won't even try, but overall, it wasn't a job stealing performance. Hope I'm wrong!!!