Biggest games affecting the Bills playoff chances are...

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Other than our own, of course...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html

So I put in probable winners for Buffalo, Tennessee, Kansas City, Baltimore, and San Diego for the 3 remaining games:

Buffalo sweeps Miami and loses to New England

Tennessee beats San Fran but loses to Rams and Jacksonville

KC wins out (beats Chargers & Miami at home, and Denver)

Chargers lose to KC but beat Jets & Raiders

Ravens win out (beat Cleveland, Indy, & Cinci)

All seem fairly plausible, right?  Not so sure about KC considering how bad they've looked lately but 2 of the 3 are at home so that's something.

Bills chance of making playoffs with these wins plugged in... 100%!!!!!!!!!

But if I switch winners in just one of two of these games, it goes down to 0%.  Those games are Chargers @ KC and Jacksonville @ Tennessee 

With KC and Baltimore winning out, KC wins the west and Baltimore gets wild card #1.  So we're competing with Tennessee and LA for wild card #2 and apparently we win a 3-way tiebreaker with them.  However, if LA wins out and KC goes 2-1, we do not win a 3-way tiebreaker with KC and Tennessee even though we beat KC.

So... GO CHIEFS!  GO JAGS!  GO RAVENS!

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

It is 100% or 0% because the regular season would be over so you are in or you are not.   A win over KC might not guarantee you much in a 3 or more way tie.   We definitely need the Titans to continue to lose.  They could lose to SF. Right now I would guess the Chargers will win in KC with how they are playing.  But that could go either way.

6 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

If the chargers win out that means they win their division, plus it means they have a win over KC which would put KC at 9-7 with buffalo where we would surpass KC due to head to head. So root for LA chargers then? 

Apparently not because it will probably be a 3-way tie with Tennessee and for some reason we don't win a 3-way with KC and Tennessee but we do with LA and Tennessee.

Weird.

2 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

If the chargers win out that means they win their division, plus it means they have a win over KC which would put KC at 9-7 with buffalo where we would surpass KC due to head to head. So root for LA chargers then? 

No. If the LAC beat KC, then Bills would need a 2way tie with KC to get in. That means they would need TEN to lose all of last three. Concede that BAL will win out vs CLE , IND, CIN . KC defeats LAC. Bills then need a 3 way tie at 9-7 with LAC, TEN to get in. That seems more realistic than TEN losing out. Bills fans should root for a Chiefs win on Sat vs LAC, although the Bills CAN get in regardless of who wins. 

2 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Apparently not because it will probably be a 3-way tie with Tennessee and for some reason we don't win a 3-way with KC and Tennessee but we do with LA and Tennessee.

Weird.

Bills win strength of victory tiebreaker with LAC and TEN, have an insurmountable lead in that category. They would lose common games tb or SOVif KC is involved in a 3way tie. So they need a 2way tie with KC . 

15 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

We want the Titans to lose 2 of 3 and Chargers to beat KC this weekend. We beat Dolphins twice and that is the path in. 

Bills probably want KC to beat the Chargers , then a 3way tie with LAC, TEN at 9-7 as easiest path in. 

7 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

We want the Titans to lose 2 of 3 and Chargers to beat KC this weekend. We beat Dolphins twice and that is the path in. 

Incorrect.  Against all intuition, if we're in a 3-way tie it has to be with Tennessee and the Chargers for us to come out on top.  

Unless you think either the Chargers or the Chiefs will lose 2 more to end up at 8-8, and we end up tied at 9-7 with Tennessee.  In that case, looks like we take tiebreaker over the Titans.  But I'm not sure how you get 2 losses for KC (Chargers, Miami, @ Denver) or Chargers (@ KC, @ Jets, Oakland).  In this scenario, Miami will have lost 7 of their previous 8 and Denver is really not good.  The Chargers could possibly lose to the Raiders in the finale I suppose.

I'm just going off the most logical picks of each game and if that happens, we're in.