Very lucky on 2 point conversion

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

I don't have it recorded but I would love to see it again. I thought I remember the contact being made at the goal line. That's 2 yards. Is it possible it only looked like 1 yard because the receivers were lined up off sides (people were off sides all day)? That could have made it look like only 1 yard. And maybe that's why they had to have a discussion before calling it. Just wish I could see it again. Somebody post it, LOL.

Also worth mentioning, if the player continued to block beyond 1 yard before the pass it's also illegal even if the contact was made inside the 1 yard.

I have watched it many times, that was the correct call contact was made at the goaline (2 yards)

The missed call was on the TD it was hard to see but it looked like contact was made about 3 yards away from the LOS on that one

• Like (+1) 1

Ref's probably let it go on the first given the conditions.  Seeing it a 2nd time warrants a penalty.  It becomes intent at that point.  We can thank Hyde for that.  He said at his locker that he tried to fight through the first one but not the 2nd intentionally trying to draw the flag.  Heads up play.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Initially I thought it was a horrible call then

I have watched both replays a couple times.  it was more clear on the XP but the Ball is snapped on the 2 yard line, the contact takes place at the Goalline (that is two yards)

It was the same on the TD (looked closer to three yards on that contact, but I admit really hard to see for sure on that one)

My man :P

2 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

After the countless times we have been shafted in the drought, we'll take the handful of lucky bounces we have had this year!

Same here.  I thought: the Colts just out Bills-ed the Bills.  

21 minutes ago, kota said:

Ref's probably let it go on the first given the conditions.  Seeing it a 2nd time warrants a penalty.  It becomes intent at that point.  We can thank Hyde for that.  He said at his locker that he tried to fight through the first one but not the 2nd intentionally trying to draw the flag.  Heads up play.

Hyde is money.  The guy is a great FA acquisition.  

3 hours ago, Buffalobillygoats said:

Bills win first and foremost but man we got lucky on dat 2 pointer! I thought the game was over so I was gonna shut the tv off in disgust but then saw that they brought it back for a pick penalty which I thought was a good call but than saw dat it was within yd of the line of scrimmage like the announcer mentioned. We got a very lucky break they’re but who cares since we won and now only a game out of the playoffs!!!

For the hundredth time it was the right call

according to the NFL rule book, if the ball is in the air there can BE NO BLOCKING PAST THE LOS

The ball was in the air and he was still blocking Hyde 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I have watched both replays a couple times.  it was more clear on the XP but the Ball is snapped on the 2 yard line, the contact takes place at the Goalline (that is two yards)

It was the same on the TD (looked closer to three yards on that contact, but I admit really hard to see for sure on that one)

This was my take as well.  LOS is 2 yard line.  Block was in the EZ, beyond 1 yard.

NEVER take the announcers word on anything IMHO.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

He was also fully blocking the player.  It makes it easier to make the call when he makes no attempt to run a route.

Since it was in the shoveled goal line area, it would have to be beyond a yard.

5 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

No doubt it was the right call but the refs seem to let the boys play yesterday. Was there ever a game in Bills history with so few flags? I’m sure there were a lot of fouls the refs turned a blind eye to.

Felt the same way Beast. As I was sitting in my den oiling up my thighs.

• Haha (+1) 1

The NFL rule book says that any forward contact past the LOS with a defensive player that prevents him from making a play on the ball thrown past the line of scrimmage is pass interference by the offense...I'm not sure where this 1 yard rule is coming in from because there is no where in the actual rule book that states that.

Also, if Aiken would have just stood there and not actively blocked Gaines the result likely would have been the same because Gaines was trying to switch to cover Doyle and there is no way he would have gotten there in the snow even with Aiken just standing in front of him.  It was a dumb play by Aiken to block him when he didn't even need to, it would have worked by him just being in the way and running a route or standing there.

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

The NFL rule book says that any forward contact past the LOS with a defensive player that prevents him from making a play on the ball thrown past the line of scrimmage is pass interference by the offense...I'm not sure where this 1 yard rule is coming in from because there is no where in the actual rule book that states that.

Also, if Aiken would have just stood there and not actively blocked Gaines the result likely would have been the same because Gaines was trying to switch to cover Doyle and there is no way he would have gotten there in the snow even with Aiken just standing in front of him.  It was a dumb play by Aiken to block him when he didn't even need to, it would have worked by him just being in the way and running a route or standing there.

I have no idea why this would even a rule.  But I recall Tommy Boy lobbying the zebras to ignore a pick because it was within 1 yard of the LOS, and winning it. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Total BS.  Aiken is blocking Gaines all the way to the goalline and in the endzone (see the clear line on the field?  that's the endzone folks) before the ball even gets there.