Bills were better equipped to play in the snow than in the past

Jerry Jabber

53 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You know the last time Bills where good they had a dynamic passing offense right

Exactly,  we could pass in the snow because we had a competent qb. I did love Peterman's pass to KB. This team is a work in progress, but if the equipment staff did suggest longer cleats than good for them. And yes yesterday was an ugly and fortunate win....

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They were sliding all over the place because the Steelers OL dominated them as the better unit.   The Colts as the inferior team played just about to the same level as the Bills and they were lucky to emerge as the winning team.   There is nothing to your point IMO. 

Disagree. Last year, Bills players on both offense and defense were slipping all over the field, not just on the lines. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Better equipped really is that what we are going with?  A DOME team took your to OT. 

So are they better equipped and an advantage if Colts 2-pointer isnt called back????

3rd string QB might have played a part..

Shady single handedly won that game, not sure how he moved that way in those conditions, Amazing

I was at the game, I did not think they were well equipped. IMO they did what they had to do because of the pellets. Taking care of the players shoes is a standard practice in the snow here. In snow games in the SB years players used to wear long johns under their uniforms, I remember Talleys very well. The key to playing in the weather is to stay dry and warm to be confortable, hit up a ski shop for undergarments but with the players we have this year they all seamed like light weights that run from Buffalo instead of enbrassing it and are used to it. I wanted to suit up and play and show them how to do it.

IMO it is a sad day when a domed team can come here and force a OT and showed how light weight the current team is when it comes to weather. Glad they came out in the end with our 3rd string QB but this team needs to get tougher in the weather here but does a multi million dollar player really need to get better in it, IMO they just do not want anything to do with it because it is a lot more risky to get really injured in it.

IMO the old days of playing in this weather are getting even closer to a end of it, high priced players do not want to risk injury so they will not go all out in it. IMO it just adds to why a dome is the way of the NFL wants all teams to go. The NFL wants everyone at games including the handicaps and elderly something you won't see at December Bills games. They also want richer people at the games and IMO richer people do not want to go out in a wet snowing stadium. IMO if this team wants to be considered a higher end team they need a domed stadium to keep high priced players safe while making a very confortable stadium for fans that do not want to get wet and cold. I enjoy the snow games because I love the snow but IMO this team needs a new stadium and it needs to be a dome.

The NFL is not equipped well enough for the snow because IMO they do not want those games anymore. IMO the new NFL wants every team in a dome.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What the hell is your point?  This is a thread about athletic equipment and you're talking about the QB position, yet again.  I took you off of ignore for awhile but now I'm reconsidering.  You cannot get out of your own way as a poster.

Might want to relook, I did not talk about the QB did it?

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

I was at the game, I did not think they were well equipped. IMO they did what they had to do because of the pellets. Taking care of the players shoes is a standard practice in the snow here. In snow games in the SB years players used to wear long johns under their uniforms, I remember Talleys very well. The key to playing in the weather is to stay dry and warm to be confortable, hit up a ski shop for undergarments but with the players we have this year they all seamed like light weights that run from Buffalo instead of enbrassing it and are used to it. I wanted to suit up and play and show them how to do it.

IMO it is a sad day when a domed team can come here and force a OT and showed how light weight the current team is when it comes to weather. Glad they came out in the end with our 3rd string QB but this team needs to get tougher in the weather here but does a multi million dollar player really need to get better in it, IMO they just do not want anything to do with it because it is a lot more risky to get really injured in it.

IMO the old days of playing in this weather are getting even closer to a end of it, high priced players do not want to risk injury so they will not go all out in it. IMO it just adds to why a dome is the way of the NFL wants all teams to go. The NFL wants everyone at games including the handicaps and elderly something you won't see at December Bills games. They also want richer people at the games and IMO richer people do not want to go out in a wet snowing stadium. IMO if this team wants to be considered a higher end team they need a domed stadium to keep high priced players safe while making a very confortable stadium for fans that do not want to get wet and cold. I enjoy the snow games because I love the snow but IMO this team needs a new stadium and it needs to be a dome.

The NFL is not equipped well enough for the snow because IMO they do not want those games anymore. IMO the new NFL wants every team in a dome.

I get what you're saying about the Colts (a domed team) taking a "cold weather team" to the limits in the snow, but the Bills lost their starter early on in the 3rd quarter and had to use their third QB, who's mainly a special teams player. If Peterman stays in, it's possible the Bills put up more points in regulation and the game wouldn't have went into OT.

I miss the days of being able to play football in the snow and coming home all muddy. I enjoyed watching the game yesterday as it brought back a lot of memories from growing up in Buffalo. I agree with your points about the NFL wanting everyone (elderly and handicap included) to be at the games come December and January. Should be interesting to see what takes place between and 2023 when the lease at New Era Field is up. Will the Pegula's build a stadium next to the New Era Field or will it be downtown? And will the new stadium have a dome? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I get what you're saying about the Colts (a domed team) taking a "cold weather team" to the limits in the snow, but the Bills lost their starter early on in the 3rd quarter and had to use their third QB, who's mainly a special teams player. If Peterman stays in, it's possible the Bills put up more points in regulation and the game wouldn't have went into OT.

I miss the days of being able to play football in the snow and coming home all muddy. I enjoyed watching the game yesterday as it brought back a lot of memories from growing up in Buffalo. I agree with your points about the NFL wanting everyone (elderly and handicap included) to be at the games come December and January. Should be interesting to see what takes place between and 2023 when the lease at New Era Field is up. Will the Pegula's build a stadium next to the New Era Field or will it be downtown? And will the new stadium have a dome? 

I get that it brings back old memories and its cool to look back at childhood, but this is a multi million dollar product. No offense but I am not paying any money to watch you and your buddies trudge around in the snow for 3 hours while trying to look like you are playing football.  And I would expect no one would pay the same for my friends and I.

It was cool for about 5-10 minutes, but then it got old, very fast.

in terms of Bills being better prepared, I will have to disagree, they played a team who is without their franchise QB, had more injuries than us at key positions, on the road, with a HC who is going to get fired. Any other team, and the bills lose that game.  Hell they should have lost it, but were gifted with a OPI call. 

Add - in terms of the Bills losing their QB, that mattered literally none, in fact it probably helped to have Joe Webb at QB because he is an added running threat. 

I think the next stadium will be a dome, downtown. Domes don't have to be dead like people think. Atlanta's Dome is very loud (When the fans show up), It was awesome for the Bills game when I went.

Edited by CountDorkula
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I get that it brings back old memories and its cool to look back at childhood, but this is a multi million dollar product. No offense but I am not paying any money to watch you and your buddies trudge around in the snow for 3 hours while trying to look like you are playing football.  And I would expect no one would pay the same for my friends and I.

It was cool for about 5-10 minutes, but then it got old, very fast.

in terms of Bills being better prepared, I will have to disagree, they played a team who is without their franchise QB, had more injuries than us at key positions, on the road, with a HC who is going to get fired. Any other team, and the bills lose that game.  Hell they should have lost it, but were gifted with a OPI call. 

I think the next stadium will be a dome, downtown. Domes don't have to be dead like people think. Atlanta's Dome is very loud (When the fans show up), It was awesome for the Bills game when I went.

At the moment, it appears we have six more years of potential winter football to deal with, maybe longer if there's a short-term lease to extend playing at RWS. I heard tickets were dirt cheap for yesterday's game, so I'm sure the Pegula's will have to take that into consideration when it comes to planning the next Bills stadium. 

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Just now, Jerry Jabber said:

At the moment, it appears we have six more years of potential winter football to deal with, maybe longer if there's a short-term lease to extend playing at RWS. I heard tickets were dirt cheap for yesterday's game, so I'm sure the Pegula's will have to take that into consideration when it comes to planning the next Bills stadium. 

Absolutely, for all the talk that "Fans love this kind of stuff" Why was the stadium less than 75% full. Why were tickets being sold for under market value. Why were some being bout for under $5.

Hell people couldn't even give tickets away for this game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Right because who was at QB mattered so much in this game.

The Bills won because Vinatieri missed 2 FG attempts and the Bills got a weird delayed Penalty call on a 2 point try. 

Peterman throwing for the only passing TD says different......

Love your BILLS WON ONLY BECAUSE comment.......

6 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Peterman throwing for the only passing TD says different......

Love your BILLS WON ONLY BECAUSE comment.......

Jacboy Brissett also threw a TD pas yesterday.

He also converted a 2 pt conversion which was weirdly called back.