Hate ever rooting for the Pats but...

7 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

But seriously, which is more of a factor? The short week/cold OR the momentum of upsetting NE? A short week to prep for our QB carousel won't be the worst thing ever for them.

Momentum or let down off a big victory. Can spin that argument either way. I doubt the outcome to the game tonight affects the game next week in any, save for an injury to a key player or two.

2 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I get it. No "true fan" could ever root for NE. But in real life, the division is beyond our reach. This is what helps us most.

That "true fan" crap is bull ****.  Idiots say that ****.  And only idiots.  Don't make me go to the pet peeves thread with that garbage!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TBDlurkerSINCE07 said:

Momentum or let down off a big victory. Can spin that argument either way. I doubt the outcome to the game tonight affects the game next week in any, save for an injury to a key player or two.

And the cold weather being our advantage could be argued. Indy, a DOME TEAM, with a shell of a roster, all but stole it from us yesterday.

Just now, billsfan11 said:

I think I'm one of the few people who hate the dolphins worse than the Pats.

I still despise the Pats and they are my 2nd most hated team, but just something about the dolphins and the history with Marino makes me hate them the most

My Pats hate is #1 due to the more recent history, but the old Fish hate is still there! All hate set aside, I can't see any good reason to root for Miami tonight. Logically, it makes sense for the Fish to get all but knocked out of the hunt tonight.

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

hoping suh takes bradys head off.

miami upset would be sweet and an injured gronk and brady would be the icing on the cake!

I agree, doing some hurt on NE would be wonderful to ensure those guys don't win another SB, but for our sakes, do we want to play a team 2X this year capable of doing that to them at this point in the year?

Just now, ProcessTheTrust said:

My Pats hate is #1 due to the more recent history, but the old Fish hate is still there! All hate set aside, I can't see any good reason to root for Miami tonight. Logically, it makes sense for the Fish to get all but knocked out of the hunt tonight.

I agree, it would be better for the Pats to win. The winner of the Pats Steelers game next week is going to get home field throughout the playoffs, so even if NE loses tonight it really won't mean that much. Just makes more sense for the dolphins to lose

I do admit, I almost want to turn my fan card in. I used to think I could never ever ever root for NE in any circumstance. Kudos to you guys who stick that belief even in the face of it possibly hurting our playoff chances! (I say possibly because I make the huge assumption Miami rides that momentum into Buf).

Edited by ProcessTheTrust

Let's be honest, we are incredibly lucky to be 7-6 right now. Sneaking a WC has nothing to do with "deserving" it. Let's get lucky and break this damn drought! Then we can let our Kool Aid brains take over and imagine the possibilities. But till then....I'm all for seeing an eliminated Miami this week. Not a team charged up with hope and momentum.

I am rooting for Suh to do what Suh does better than anyone else, commit stupid unsportsman like penalties to players (i.e. Brady) after the play is over, Brady could use a good finger stomp to his right hand.  I would also enjoy a good bench clearing brawl or two.

59 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

hoping suh takes bradys head off.

miami upset would be sweet and an injured gronk and brady would be the icing on the cake!

Suh's presence in the AFCE has been a disappointment to me. I was hoping Brady would be his new Rodgers. Suh was savage to Rodgers.

As much as I resent the Pats' domination of the Bills since Belichick and Brady teamed up, my touchstone for rivalries is the Dolphins.  We went 0 for the 70s, for Pete's sake, with some of those games decided by terrible officiating (anyone remember Pat Twomey going nuts?) or freak plays.  When the Bills finally broke through and beat the fish, the fans tore down the goalposts.  THAT was a rivalry against a team that there was no reason to assume would be better than us. We had OJ for a lot of those years, for heaven's sake, and still couldn't get past them.  Of course, they had Shula, IMHO the greatest coach of all time, which was a big advantage.

Anyway, for me, who's been a fan since I can remember (roughly 1962) the true rivalry is with Miami, not Boston.  Pardon me, New England.

Since it's in the Bills' interest for the fish to lose, I am not conflicted about this at all.  Of course if Brady gets hurt, that will save the need for the Bills to break his bones in retaliation for Gronk's cheap dive on White.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Suh's presence in the AFCE has been a disappointment to me. I was hoping Brady would be his new Rodgers. Suh was savage to Rodgers.

"I'm not much of a talker," Suh said when asked what he says to Brady when he takes down the QB. "I usually don't like going to the ground. I like inflicting pain and then going about my business and getting ready for the next play. I usually try to not stay on the ground and hop up quick."

Suh has plans for Tom Brady: 'My job is to piss him off'