Hate ever rooting for the Pats but...

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Rooting for Miami and a hard hitting game.

My utter disgust for NE almost has me with you...but I don't like the idea that we would play a team 2X that could beat NE. Yes...KC beat them and we beat KC...so I should add...at this point in the year.

Edited by ProcessTheTrust

9 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Tonight is one of those rare games I root for them. Such a terrible feeling. But I'd rather have that happen then have Miami gain crazy confidence coming into next week.

Truthfully, PTT, I believe you should be rooting for them against the Steelers next week, as well.  The Steelers lose tie breakers with the Jags and if the Jags are still in the first round bye race the final week of the season they will bring it against the Titans...a game critical to us.

• Like (+1) 1

Admittedly I haven't done all the math, but would Miami possibly get in if they win out? I know that's insane, but if they somehow beat NE tonight, they have @Buf, @KC, Buf remaining. IDK, I'm putting hate for one team aside and rooting for them to get all but eliminated tonight AND no extra confidence boost coming into our house.

2 minutes ago, TBDlurkerSINCE07 said:

I'm not complaining that we get Miami traveling to the cold on a short week off a MNF game. I'm rooting for the Fish.

But seriously, which is more of a factor? The short week/cold OR the momentum of upsetting NE? A short week to prep for our QB carousel won't be the worst thing ever for them.

Well, I do want the Dolphins to experience a serious beat down, and the better shape New England is with regard to the playoffs, the more likely they rest key starters in two weeks.  Buffalo has a couple of advantages over Miami already.  Miami will have to come north and play in lousy weather on a short week.  If the Patriots can beat them up some too, it's all good.

21 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Tonight is one of those rare games I root for them. Such a terrible feeling. But I'd rather have that happen then have Miami gain crazy confidence coming into next week.

Will never root for Pats. If you cant beat MIA at home with playoffs on the line no matter what happens today then you are not a playoff team

• Like (+1) 2

Upon further thought, I want New England to win.  Handily.  I want the Dolphins players to feel like the season is a complete waste of time and not want to even play hard against us.

I do, however, still want both teams to beat the **** out of each other.

• Like (+1) 1