Verizon to Pay $500M Per Year for NFL Streaming Rights

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Getting back to streaming:

NFL Sunday Ticket has a college student option which is much cheaper ($100 per year) than regular ST.  Since my daughter's in college, we qualify.  The catch is, you can watch only one game per week, and it's streaming.  There have been days like yesterday when the streaming worked well nearly all the time.  There have been other days when the only thing you could count on seeing were the commercials -- the game action was chopped up, not all there, and hard to follow.  It is really frustrating to see the NEXT play after a big play by or against the Bills, even after the replay is concluded, but miss the play itself. 

When I had regular ST in the past, none of that happened.  So you get what you pay for, I guess.  I have cheap service but unreliable service.  Expect the same if you use Verizon streaming.                                                  

Verizon already has streaming for games.  The stream is actually really good with no issues.  The biggest issue I have with it is that it is about 30 seconds behind real time but it has a ticker on it that shows the up to date information.  That disappears when it is full screen but it's obnoxious to say the least.  I routinely watch SNF on there as I have cut the cord but don't have a NBC solution.  I can stream it to my roku and have it play on my tv.  I am only allowed games that are locally broadcast as another poster stated but this looks like it might be a little different. 

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

You just brought Putin into a discussion on a Buffalo Bills message board.  I sure hope Correct The Record is filling up your Panera card for all your hard work.  You clearly have a huffington post level understanding of the traditional agreements between telcos and the federal government, and seem to believe that all money earned by any entity belongs to the government, so I doubt we have enough common ground to talk this through.  Say hi to your overlords at facebook!

boom 

Q.E.D.