After re watching highlights, Holy cow did we get a break for once

Steptide

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

Heart attack game. And yes they won, and yes I was in ecstasy, but that punt was such a gutless decision it leaves a weird bad taste now looking at McD. He played for the tie! Players decided otherwise.

And a Tie is as bad as a loss, killing the season. My wife heard all new combinations of swear words spew from my mouth through the rage! Impressive, given our 37 year marriage. 

No longer on board with McDermott’s ‘Process’.

27 minutes ago, Jackington said:

You can't block a guy before the ball is thrown. I guess they were lucky the refs called it, but it was definitely a penalty and the only reason the guy was open. 

Colts were lucky they made the extra point...

That is what happened. It was the correct call and no gift.

Now call that against the Patriots who do this all the time,before the ball is thrown.

Colts were very lucky.

1 hour ago, CodeMonkey said:

They had a locker room interview with Hyde on the local news, his comment was he deserved an Oscar for his acting performance. Plus it was within one yard of the LOS.  The Bills got a badly needed xmas gift from the zebras.

Correct me if I'm wrong but does it matter if it's one yard of the LOS if he doesn't attempt to run a pattern at all?  Especially when the ball isn't out?

43 minutes ago, Jackington said:

You can't block a guy before the ball is thrown. I guess they were lucky the refs called it, but it was definitely a penalty and the only reason the guy was open. 

Colts were lucky they made the extra point...

If that is the Pats do you think they call it? LOL no way

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but does it matter if it's one yard of the LOS if he doesn't attempt to run a pattern at all?  Especially when the ball isn't out?

I don't know the answer to that question, but it's a moot point, since it happened at the goal line and the LOS was the 2 1/2.

you can run block down the field all day long, but you can not run block on a pass.  And that was exactly what it was. he wasn't running a pattern, he was engaging in a run block. They ran the play action, and I wonder if the WR knew it was going to be a pass to begin with. I could see the WR screwing up the call thinking it was a run, cause he could have easily ran a pattern there and slowed up Hyde just as much.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You mean a moo point?  You know a cow's opinion?  Like it doesn't matter.

If it were a "mute point" I'd have stayed silent about it.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Or perhaps a Moog point?  Geddy Lee, anyone?

I like how you synthesized that joke.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Definitely some lucky breaks in that game, but also some things that didn't go our way like Benjamin going out and Peterman being concussed...if those two guys play the whole game I don't think it goes to OT.  Peterman looked efficient in those conditions and was really showing some chemistry with KB.

The Bills also survived a -2 in the TO category, which is almost unheard of for recent teams.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

The Bills were very lucky for a change....

And yet some people complain about the Bills "luck"...

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You mean a moo point?  You know a cow's opinion?  Like it doesn't matter.

it udderly doesn't matter.

We certainly got lucky but the reality is we probably should be talking about losing to a terrible 3 win team at home who plays inside a dome half the season and has one of the worse (lame duck) head coaches in the league.

I had a feeling all week it was going to be a typical Bills Nov/Dec home game and we'd find a way to give the game away and lose. And it seems McD did his best to lose the game as opposed to win it.

Regardless this team needs to play much better if we are going to be the Dolphins who I still think are the better team right now.