Guess Howard and Jeremy slept in

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

The odds are against you when you are running with your 3rd string QB who doesn't know the playbook. The Colts knew we were running up the middle because sweeps were pointless with the footing. On a dry field I'll give you that. In that mess? Punting was the right call.

So giving your 3rd string QB that doesn't know the playbook maybe a shot at a long field in that mess was the right call

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

So giving your 3rd string QB that doesn't know the playbook maybe a shot at a long field in that mess was the right call

It wasn't 4th down. You have multiple chances to get a 1st down.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It wasn't 4th down. You have multiple chances to get a 1st down.

And it still came down to third and long didn't it.  OOo and if you trust the defense to get the ball back why isn't that trust there on 4th and 1?

See the hyperbole of coach speak and cliches 

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And it still came down to third and long didn't it.  OOo and if you trust the defense to get the ball back why isn't that trust there on 4th and 1?

Like I said, I like my chances when you have more than just one. It was also later in the game. So even if it's a turnover, the Colts have less time to score. Dude, is this not obvious to you?

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Like I said, I like my chances when you have more than just one. It was also later in the game. So even if it's a turnover, the Colts have less time to score. Dude, is this not obvious to you?

Less time to score, doesn't matter a tie and your season is over what is so hard to see.  two 1st downs by the Colts (and they had it with Hilton wide open) and your season is over

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I always listen on TuneIn Radio, less issues than the WGR app

Yep. Unless it has been completely rewritten - the GR app was absolute garbage. Been using Tunein for many many years. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Less time to score, doesn't matter a tie and your season is over what is so hard to see.  two 1st downs by the Colts (and they had it with Hilton wide open) and your season is over

You also play for a turnover. Frankly it's remarkable that there weren't any fumbles.

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Yep. Unless it has been completely rewritten - the GR app was absolute garbage. Been using Tunein for many many years. 

Agree on the WGR app. It won't shut off. Just lingers on your phone's taskbar.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You also play for a turnover. Frankly it's remarkable that there weren't any fumbles.

Agree on the WGR app. It won't shut off. Just lingers on your phone's taskbar.

So you play for a chance play (turnover)?

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

We needed to gain more than a yard to win, we needed to score.  I don't think it's crazy to think we had a better chance to score by pinning them back deep and playing defense- in those conditions of course.

Needed one yard to keep possession in the Colts territory and control of the game with a chance to score.  Again, they got lucky on a heave from Webb to Thompson after yielding the ball with a TO burned before punting at that. 

7 hours ago, White Linen said:

Can you PM me on how/where?  I've tried a couple times when I got caught traveling during the game - couldn't find anything those times - but doing a phone search for things like that is a challenge for me.

I haven't read the whole thread so this might get answered farther in but, you can listen to the home or away broadcast for every game using the NFL app on your mobile device

11 hours ago, JoeF said:

Makes me so happy McDermott punted.....wonder if they would be just as critical if the Bills had been stopped on 4th down and the Colts would have driven down and won.

See, that's just it. Hindsight is always 20/20. Their argument:

"So in a foot of snow you know the Colts are geared into stopping Shady. Watching for Webb to run. And what are you going to do...let your 3rd string QB who isn't even a full time QB throw in that weather with the season on the line? No, he had to be the smartest guy in the room and go for it. He's in over his head."