So does anyone BELIEVE we will make the Playoffs?

BigDingus

10 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

So we DO want the Chiefs to win the division is what you're saying? Trying to figure out who would be better wining the West makes my head hurt.

A lot of fans seem to think we want KC to lose, possibly due to loss to LAC. Some due to the draft which has nothing to do with the playoffs obviously. The Bills can win a head to head ( two team ) tie with KC, but lose on SOV if KC is involved in a 3 way tie with BUF and another team. The Bills win a SOV tiebreak in a 3 way tie involving LAC. It seems a taller order to expect TEN to drop their 3 remaining games than to finish 9-7 with a loss to JAX involved. So yes, the Bills playoff chances may be improved with KC winning the west and beating the Chargers on Saturday. The Chargers would likely finish 9-7. If you think the Titans are more likely to lose out and finish 8-8, then you'd probably want the Chargers to win the west . 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

A lot of fans seem to think we want KC to lose, possibly due to loss to LAC. Some due to the draft which has nothing to do with the playoffs obviously. The Bills can win a head to head ( two team ) tie with KC, but lose on SOV if KC is involved in a 3 way tie with BUF and another team. The Bills win a SOV tiebreak in a 3 way tie involving LAC. It seems a taller order to expect TEN to drop their 3 remaining games than to finish 9-7 with a loss to JAX involved. So yes, the Bills playoff chances may be improved with KC winning the west and beating the Chargers on Saturday. The Chargers would likely finish 9-7. If you think the Titans are more likely to lose out and finish 8-8, then you'd probably want the Chargers to win the west . 

Thanks, that makes far more sense now. It'd probably help if between CBS, NFL.com, ESPN, and NBC (and the other outlets) could get their playoff seating right & explain tiebreakers better. Half of them were still showing the Ravens this morning as the 6th seed, and even tonight on MNF they showed that as well. Super confusing.

Assuming the Ravens win out with their easy schedule:

Looks like if the Chargers lose to KC and then win out AND the Titans beat either the Rams or 49ers but lose to the Jags we would win the three-way tie there. 

In that same situation except the Chargers beat KC, KC has the tiebreaker in the three-way tie there. If the Titans lose out, we would obviously have the head-to-head over the Chiefs.

Hard to say which scenario is preferable right now, but we are looking for either Tennessee to lose and the Chiefs win or Tennessee wins and the Chiefs lose. Otherwise we'll need the Ravens to lose to either the Colts or Bengals to kick the three-way tiebreakers back in. However in no practical scenario can the Titans beat the Jags. Don't think they can anyhow.

14 minutes ago, Big C said:

Assuming the Ravens win out with their easy schedule:

Looks like if the Chargers lose to KC and then win out AND the Titans beat either the Rams or 49ers but lose to the Jags we would win the three-way tie there. 

In that same situation except the Chargers beat KC, KC has the tiebreaker in the three-way tie there. If the Titans lose out, we would obviously have the head-to-head over the Chiefs.

Hard to say which scenario is preferable right now, but we are looking for either Tennessee to lose and the Chiefs win or Tennessee wins and the Chiefs lose. Otherwise we'll need the Ravens to lose to either the Colts or Bengals to kick the three-way tiebreakers back in. However in no practical scenario can the Titans beat the Jags. Don't think they can anyhow.

So really the easiest way would just be hoping that somehow the Ravens choke to one of those teams they should beat, and then whatever happens with the Chiefs & Chargers would determine the rest?

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

There is a scenario by which the Bills win a 3 way tie with KC and TEN, but it depends which games people win.  The three way 9-7 tiebreakers are still VERY subject to change from playing around with the ESPN machine.  

6 hours ago, BigDingus said:

So wait, on tonight's game they brought up an info graphic of the playoff standings (this was late in the 3rd or early in the 4th), that once again showed the Bills not in 6th seed... Then the announcers talked about the Ravens being in that position, followed by discussing the Bills & the others. Wtf is going on... ESPN's own nationally televised game doesn't have updated info?

Bills Playoffs.jpg

something  about  "common  opponents "

We might win this week, almost certainly loss the next, and lose a heartbreaker week 17. 8-8 and shortly after the pain of getting so close again subsides, we'll be flooded with talk about "wow, we did so much better than expected with a depleted roster". Just wondering what else we'll have to throw in our trade up package to get a top 2 QB in the draft OR if we take our chances on Cousins.

Not really. I believe they have a chance at 9-7 but I'm not so sure they beat the Dolphins twice 

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I said it before, I'll say it again: i concede NOTHING to the paytoilets.

If they can pull off that longshot win and sweep the fish, they're IN.

Someone definitely put something in your 6 pack this week haha. 

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Not really. I believe they have a chance at 9-7 but I'm not so sure they beat the Dolphins twice 

Someone definitely put something in your 6 pack this week haha. 

take a look at the last game. the defense played out of their minds. Had the offense been COMPETENT, we could have won that.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

take a look at the last game. the defense played out of their minds. Had the offense been COMPETENT, we could have won that.

And um, do you recall the Jets game? IF they can drop a stinker like that to the Jets, imagine what Brady and Co can do in Foxboro. 

I take very little from this team in terms of consistency. Coaching is better. Fundamentals are better. I like where they are headed culturally. But they do not have consistency. 

I worry about all 3 games.  

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

And um, do you recall the Jets game?

I take very little from this team in terms of consistency. Coaching is better. Fundamentals are better. I like where they are headed culturally. But the do not have consistency. 

I worry about all 3 games.  

That's your prerogative.

3 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

We might win this week, almost certainly loss the next, and lose a heartbreaker week 17. 8-8 and shortly after the pain of getting so close again subsides, we'll be flooded with talk about "wow, we did so much better than expected with a depleted roster". Just wondering what else we'll have to throw in our trade up package to get a top 2 QB in the draft OR if we take our chances on Cousins.

Bills draft pick isn't going to be close enough to the top 5 for a move up there. Without exorbitant cost. So they either pay it or they don't. That went out the window with a 5-2 start 

I think the league will be embarrassed if the Bills are in the playoffs.   Now way, now how are they a playoff team.  Train wreck at QB, weak at receiver, ugly offensive line, no dominant defenders and a mediocre defense at best.