So does anyone BELIEVE we will make the Playoffs?

BigDingus

I believe we have a chance. The Bills must win two more games and probably need help. 

I love my Bills but they have found too many ways to NOT win.

I have been saying "Wait 'til next year since 1967, so forgive me if I do not Billieve.  0:)

It's just so confusing now for all teams because we have to think about all the tie breaker scenarios. Just impossible to tell. This is much closer to the playoffs than we have been in a long long time.

All other years we have needed so much help from week 14 on. This year if we take care of business we only need a tad bit of help. If we lose to Patriots we need some more help but it's definitely doable.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, TBDlurkerSINCE07 said:

TT gives us the best shot to win THIS SEASON. With the current QB situation, he is our best hope.

Best case for Peterman (for those that think a healthy Nate > TT) is to practice and prepare after he is cleared late this week. What if he isn't cleared until Friday? You really want this kid to go in with no reps? 

Like him or not, TT gives us the best shot right now, all things considered. I don't see how you can think otherwise.

They have to bring in a QB this week if Peterman looks to be out. They can't have the special teams gunner as the backup. 

36 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

maybe,  but i believe for the team to possibly win out, i think peterman has the better chance.

You're basing that on TT's failings and nothing Peterman has shown us. 

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

They have to bring in a QB this week if Peterman looks to be out. They can't have the special teams gunner as the backup. 

You're basing that on TT's failings and nothing Peterman has shown us. 

not really...i just think that kid can get a passing game going and tt just can't . that is going to cost us at least one game. i also think nate is the only one who can go to the pats and maybe .....

1 hour ago, psuscott16 said:

Division games are a crap shoot.  The teams know each other too well.  Its the same reason we cant assume the Bills will beat Mia.

Bungles and Browns ... come on now.   You expect both of those poor teams to actually beat a slightly ...  never mind .  

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

havnt I read if buffalo goes 9-7 and tenn goes 9-7 we get the tiebreaker? I don't think its far fetched at all to think TENN can lose 2 of their last 3. against a niners team next week that's twice the squad they were now that they are starting Jimmy G. against the rams and then the jags...... if they don't bring it hard they could easily lose 2 of those 3. and I think we need to pay more attention to them than we do the ravens. ravens schedule is a joke the rest of the way out.

so many scenarios to play with ...  most not very good.  

I'd love it to be different but ...  better any hope dashed now than at the last minute .....   

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

We win out and we are in. I am not conceding the Patriots game. The Bills seem to play them tough in Foxboro and the Pats will be coming off from a game against the Steelers.

I am hopeful. 

call me crazy....but i can see peterman putting up a trent edwards type of performance and maybe come out with a w in foxborough.

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

I don't think we will make the playoffs either.  But the odds aren't ridiculous.  My guess is enough things will go right for the Bills to get in & in typical Bills fashion they will lay an egg down in South Florida the last week of the season. 

I have the same feeling, it’s the same thing we did when Fitzy and the Jets just needed to beat us and they were in and we played spoiler. Felt great then so I’m sure Miami will not be taking the day off

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

I still don't think we make the playoffs or even get to 9-7 because sweeping the Fish is a pipe dream.

Won't be surprised if they end our season in spectacular fashion this week to because Gase is a better coach than McD and their defense is also much better across the board.

right.... becuz the fins are so good..... so good, in fact, that earlier in the year you said they would probably beat us with their 2nd stringers in week 17 becuz they would be sitting their starters for the playoffs!:lol:

7 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Ravens are winning out. Browns, Colts, Bengals.

While I would tend to agree...this is the NFL, and anyone can win on any given day.  The Ravens aren't so good they are incapable of losing to an easier opponent.  

Also, Browns are feisty, especially with the return of their top 2 WR's and the young TE's are playing well which also has opened up the run game more.  There are not a good team by any means, but not the easy out their record suggests in a divisional rival game.  Bengals also are not a cake walk and would love to play the role of spoiler on the Ravens.  Even Colts can sometimes play tough.  

So, I totally get why people see it as 3 easy wins, but I do think its possible the Ravens can be upset by one of those teams and wouldnt just assume they win out.  Just like we should easily handle the Dolphins theoretically, but I seriously doubt anyone here just blindly assumes we win both games, or even this next home game.  Everything always looks easier on paper than on the field on Sundays.

5 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

They have a great shot to be very alive entering week 17 with a win Sunday. 

Hopefully the titans lose @sf and home to the Rams. 

If the Bills win this Sunday vs Miami, I believe they will be alive entering week 17 no matter what else happens.  Tinkering with the various playoff simulators, I can't get a combo where Bills win this week and then have no chance in week 17.  

5 hours ago, njodogg said:

I will hope for a miracle but realistically the drought will likely extend. I am not sure how it happens but I see us needing to win week 17 to be in. Then classically collapsing. Its sad but we have all seen this happen before. I'll hope for the best but prepare for the worst. 

Miracle?  If Bills beat Dolphins twice and lose to NE, they make it two-thirds of the time, according to the NYT playoff simulator.  As it stands today, they have about a 1-in-4 chance.  Hardly a miracle.  

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Buffalo has to win out  the wway the schedule looks for all of their competition. 

This is so amazingly wrong.  They make it at 9-7 65% of the time, according to the NYT simulator, assuming the wins come against Miami.  Bills MIGHT need to win out, but it's probable they will only need to get to 9-7.  

Edited by Reddy Freddy

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

While I would tend to agree...this is the NFL, and anyone can win on any given day.  The Ravens aren't so good they are incapable of losing to an easier opponent.  

Also, Browns are feisty, especially with the return of their top 2 WR's and the young TE's are playing well which also has opened up the run game more.  There are not a good team by any means, but not the easy out their record suggests in a divisional rival game.  Bengals also are not a cake walk and would love to play the role of spoiler on the Ravens.  Even Colts can sometimes play tough.  

So, I totally get why people see it as 3 easy wins, but I do think its possible the Ravens can be upset by one of those teams and wouldnt just assume they win out.  Just like we should easily handle the Dolphins theoretically, but I seriously doubt anyone here just blindly assumes we win both games, or even this next home game.  Everything always looks easier on paper than on the field on Sundays.

326a7765dad68864ee8549da14ecc6a1--hero-q

21 minutes ago, Reddy Freddy said:

This is so amazingly wrong.  They make it at 9-7 65% of the time, according to the NYT simulator, assuming the wins come against Miami.  Bills MIGHT need to win out, but it's probable they will only need to get to 9-7.  

OK.  sure.   I'll buy it. :rolleyes:   They make it at 9-7 65%.  The Bills live in that 35% range. 

I want the WC as much as anyone else.  But I've run a number of scenarios and none of them are very promising.  

But hey please keep the faith.  its nice to see. 

9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

326a7765dad68864ee8549da14ecc6a1--hero-q

Kelly's Heroes 

image.jpeg.38a7953467daa8723f69606588d2b80a.jpeg

Classic Movie

I'm seeing several scenarios where the Chiefs take the division and the Chargers lose tiebreakers at 9-7. Also seeing scenarios with Chargers winning the division, Titans beating Jacksonville, Baltimore winning out, etc. 

Basically we just need to beat the Fins both times - and truly this is the biggest hurdle for us - and a lot of scenarios will get us in. 

Even if they miss the playoffs, going 8-8 or 9-7 in the first year of a major rebuild, with all new coaches, GM, and staff, plus most of the roster different, I'd say that's a huge sign of better days to come.

I said at the beginning of the season that if the Bills get to 8 wins it would be remarkable. I still feel that way.

We need a QB, though, and some other pieces.