Week 15: Dolphins' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

QUICK HITS: TYROD TO START SUNDAY; PETERMAN STILL IN PROTOCOL

tyrod-9-18-quick-hits.jpg

Tyrod Taylor was named the starting QB for Sunday. Nate Peterman remains in concussion protocol and Cordy Glenn was placed on injured reserve.

SEAN MCDERMOTT: "HE'S GOOD TO GO" (6:22)
Head Coach Sean McDermott addressed the media prior to practice on Friday topics include; Quarterback Tryod Taylor named the starter for Sunday's game, placing Offensive Lineman Cordy Glenn on IR, and stopping Miami's dual threat Running Back Kenyan Drake.

6 THINGS TO WATCH IN THE AFC WILD CARD PLAYOFF RACE AND BILLS-DOLPHINS THIS WEEKEND

1215-weekend-look-ahead.jpg

The Los Angeles Chargers, the Kansas City Chiefs and the Tennessee Titans all play pivotal games with regard to the AFC wild card race. Find out who Bills fans should be rooting for this weekend as John Murphy breaks down the playoff picture.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How many times has Taylor given us a must win game?  

Winning out is their only shot at a chance for a WC.   

Its as if the Bills are in the playoffs already.   One loss and it’s over.   

No. One loss it's not over. The Titans could easily lose two of their next three games. Heck, I could see them losing all three.No. One loss it's not over. The Titans could easily lose two of their next three games. Heck, I could see them losing all three.

We would just need the Titans or the Ravens to lose two of the next three. Really probably won't happen for the Ravens though.

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You seriously don't think we have a chance to win with Taylor against the Dolphins?

after his last two home games, why wouldn't he? I have very little faith he gets the job done and rightfully so.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Again, respectfully, I disagree. We know his highest level. It simply isn’t good enough. We DON’T know Peterman’s level -and won’t for a few seasons. But there’s encouragement there and with 3 games left in his rookie season (with seemingly important impact), it’s so important for McBeane et al to get a firm assessment of him with such a pivotal Draft 4 months away. Tyrod isn’t the answer and I’m personally convinced won’t be a Bill after the season finale. Do we mortgage multiple HIGH PICKS for the college QB we want or a trade/FA, or select who’s available at our picks and add him to the Peterman debate? For me, that’s all that’s left for this season -and it’s Very important.

No matter how Peterman plays, even if he started this week, you wouldn't have a firm answer on him and anyway, whatsoever. 

Three games is a blink of an eye. And there would always be the question of whether he was just really successful because teams didn't have any tape on him.Three games is a blink of an eye. And there would always be the question of whether he was just really successful because teams didn't have any tape on him.

Even if Peterman came in for the last three games to start and played exceptionally well, the Bills are still drafting a QB in the first round. It must be so 0:)

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I like Tyrod, 26. But the complete ‘Book’ is out on him, League wide. Most of us knew it after his 1st season, but hoped for development that never materialized. Granted, he doesn’t have Sammy anymore -which strips him of his best pass, but his glaring deficiencies as a 7 year pro are as prevalent as ever and all teams now shadow him in the pocket and disdain coverage over the middle. He came here wanting a chance to start, got it, and has shown his ceiling. IMO, he’s a good back up, who could tie a team over for a few weeks, but never gonna be a true starter again.

I guess 7 teams this year didn't read "The Book". 

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I like Tyrod, 26. But the complete ‘Book’ is out on him, League wide. Most of us knew it after his 1st season, but hoped for development that never materialized. Granted, he doesn’t have Sammy anymore -which strips him of his best pass, but his glaring deficiencies as a 7 year pro are as prevalent as ever and all teams now shadow him in the pocket and disdain coverage over the middle. He came here wanting a chance to start, got it, and has shown his ceiling. IMO, he’s a good back up, who could tie a team over for a few weeks, but never gonna be a true starter again.

I see two major problems with TT, his hesitancy to make throws and his accuracy.  I jokingly say the reason his int % is so low is the passes are often so far off target the CB can't even get to them either.  If he only had one of these issues, I don't care which, he'd be a decent serviceable QB who likely would have won maybe two more games a season.  With a little better team around him, could likely lead team to playoffs and maybe deep into them.  But have both of these issues holding you down is just too much to overcome and what you see is what you get.

If he goes to a new team, there likely will be some early improvement as no scheme, new players around him, will take some time for defenses to figure him out again, but eventually will catch up.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

I guess 7 teams this year didn't read "The Book". 

I am in "show me" mode with Taylor.  Come up with 3 big games and take your team to the playoffs.  I doubt that he does, and that is why so many fans want to see Peterman.  Taylor is average and, save for the Seahawks game last year, he has never risen to the occasion and carried this team.

This season, Jay Cutler has 3 games with a QB Rating of 110 or higher and 4 games with a QB Rating of 75 or lower

10 BUF   NOR L 10-47 * 9 18 50.00 56 0 1 33.6 2 6 3.11 0.61 3 27 9.00 0 0

13 BUF   NWE L 3-23 * 9 18 50.00 65 0 1 35.6 3 25 3.61 1.11 3 32 10.67 0 0

both home games. he had one game higher than 110.

3 BUF   DEN W 26-16 * 20 26 76.92 213 2 0 126.0 4 16 8.19 9.73 8 13 1.63 0

2017 Games

those last two home games were horrible. hence not expecting him to do well sunday.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What does this mean?  Do you think any of our wins had anything to do with Tyrod Taylor playing well?

There was 1 game where you could point to TT and say he was a big part of the reason we won, but the other six, agree,  he just didn't do anything bad to lose and did enough to help the team some. 

I'm not a TT hater BTW, just seeing it for what it has become with him.

• Like (+1) 1