Week 15: Dolphins' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

42 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

So Benjamin is playing?  Hope he is helpful enough to make a difference and Tyrod can get him the ball.

Go Bills!

Yeah, I'll be interested to see if Tyrod is willing to throw him any jump balls (when he's not wide open) like Peterman has. 

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why do we keep cutting ourselves so thin? We esssentiakky have 1 active QB two weeks in a row. At RB, we have 2 guys. That’s not enough. Shady gets dinged up constantly. If god forbid he got hurt in the first quarter. We are going to go an entire game with only Cadet? Wtf is wrong with these guys? How does needing to play Joe Webb in a must win game, not wake these guys up? Bring in some !@#$ing players, or call someone up. 2 RBs is inexcusable and Joe Webb backing up a qb that is already hurt...what are we doing here?

Ding, Ding, Ding!!  We have a winner dumbest post of the week.

OK you want to debate RB, fine, but QB.  That is the one position  on the field that never gets subbed out for barring injury.    This isn't college football with no limits to the number of players on the sideline. 

If you bring in someone else , you expect them to learn enough in one week to be effective.  That also means for every minute you have this new guy running plays, that's one less play run with the 1st string.  25 years ago, the coach just says, we're extending practice an extra hour for the new guy to learn, but that doesn't work today.

If you're going to activate a 3rd QB who hopefully would never even see the field. which position group would you suggest we have one less active player for?  And keep in mind every other position likely is one that the active backups all play in.

Almost every team in the league only has 2 QB's active, and if it gets to the 33rd guy, the team is in deep trouble and we're no different.  We were unique all season in that Webb was active I believe almost every week as Webb played ST.  Which I'm sure today, Webb won't be playing any ST.

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Andre Holmes has 13 catches in 13 games.  I haven't kept track, but he may also have that many drops.  Holmes deserves to be a healthy scratch, and Reilly should be there in his place.

If you say so, but I don't see how you can w/o the benefit of seeing what happens in practice.  There are also ST considerations. 

30 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Ding, Ding, Ding!!  We have a winner dumbest post of the week.

OK you want to debate RB, fine, but QB.  That is the one position  on the field that never gets subbed out for barring injury.    This isn't college football with no limits to the number of players on the sideline. 

If you bring in someone else , you expect them to learn enough in one week to be effective.  That also means for every minute you have this new guy running plays, that's one less play run with the 1st string.  25 years ago, the coach just says, we're extending practice an extra hour for the new guy to learn, but that doesn't work today.

If you're going to activate a 3rd QB who hopefully would never even see the field. which position group would you suggest we have one less active player for?  And keep in mind every other position likely is one that the active backups all play in.

Almost every team in the league only has 2 QB's active, and if it gets to the 33rd guy, the team is in deep trouble and we're no different.  We were unique all season in that Webb was active I believe almost every week as Webb played ST.  Which I'm sure today, Webb won't be playing any ST.

Well let’s see...Every week except for the last 2, Joe Webb was mysteriously active...along with the 2 real QBs on the roster. So hey, how could it possibly work? Idk the same way it has every single week of the season? Just a guess. Joe Webb is a ST guy. Pretty much a WR that in emergency CAN play QB. Not the backup qb. You dress 1 less ST guy and use Webb as that. That’s how bud.

• Just Jack locked and unpinned this topic