Week 15: Dolphins' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It is your prerogative and to believe that. Hell I want to believe it too. 

Its too close to call.  Tenny needs to lose out but what if Jaz says screw it and takes week 17 off? 

KC isn’t going to lie down either. 

The Chargers are very motivated as well.  

Miami wont go down without a fight.  

i remember a season the jets were all but mathematically eliminated. ryan basically gave a concession speech in week 15 or 16... it took some crazy stuff to happen for them to get in at 9-7 and then they end up in the afc title game.

its honestly not horribly far fetched.... I just have a harder time believing we'll go 9-7.

1 hour ago, Southtown Tommy said:

Posted by 26NateHater

What a laughable take. How many QBs in the NFL do you believe actually carry their respective teams?  

Hahahaha 

Another lame excuse for Tyrod the Terrible by his chief Champion. 

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i remember a season the jets were all but mathematically eliminated. ryan basically gave a concession speech in week 15 or 16... it took some crazy stuff to happen for them to get in at 9-7 and then they end up in the afc title game.

its honestly not horribly far fetched.... I just have a harder time believing we'll go 9-7.

Again I am not saying it that isn’t possible.  

I would rather be wrong and admit it than believe it and be disappointed again.  

No, actually, it's so we've seen enough of Taylor and have no confidence that he can carry this team.  Let me ask you this - down by 14 to begin the 4th quarter, do you have any faith in TT that he can lead us to victory?  I want to win but past results with Hotrod are not kind when he needs to carry the team - which is likely due to the injuries on offense.  Like the rest of the fans - show me something Hotrod!

Not much if down by 14 in 4th.  But have less faith that we'll even be within 14 in the 4th if any other QB on the roster.  

With being the 6th seed with 3 to play, it's time to dance with who brung you.

No RJ for Flutie like move, please.

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Hahahaha 

Another lame excuse for Tyrod the Terrible by his chief Champion. 

How pathetic is it that this person claims to have me on ignore yet cares so deeply about what I have to say about Not Ready Nate?    Continues to show his ignorance about the Buffalo Bills in particular and football in general. Sad.

It's not laughable, it is what fans want out of a QB. Tyrod needs to take the next step and carry this team over the next 3 games.  There are too many injuries on offense and the defense is leaky, at least sometimes.  What I said earlier up stream still applies - If Taylor struggles and the game gets sideways, pull him and put in Peterman (if healthy).  Hotrod - show me something, anything, please.....

No doubt.  Maybe we can find one next year.  In the mean time, we're trying to win games.  Again, dance with who brung you time.

58 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If that's true, why the hell are they letting him be a full participant in practice?  He's already in stage 4 of the protocol.

59 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Peterman wouldn't be on the field practicing if it was as bad DD intimated. 

Quarterbacks don't hit their heads in practice. No risk.

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Quarterbacks don't hit their heads in practice. No risk.

There are many more restrictions associated with the NFL's concussion protocol that would preclude him from participating in practice at all.  Seems as if he's in stage 4 based on the activity this week which indicates it wasn't as bad as DD made it out to be. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There are many more restrictions associated with the NFL's concussion protocol that would preclude him from participating in practice at all.  Seems as if he's in stage 4 based on the activity this week which indicates it wasn't as bad as DD made it out to be. 

DD said that he would be out this week and Taylor would start because of Peterman's injury. Which turned out correct. Otherwise, Peterman wouldn't already be declared "out".

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I would like to add there are studies noted on concussion treatment. The ones cited show it is better for the concussed player to take part in aerobic and cerebral practice activity after a concussion instead of bed rest or inactivity. Something with increased activity brain stimulus and increased blood flow to brain aids the recovery.

Of course this absolutely assumes concussed has no vertigo or headaches or vomiting etc etc that preclude this activity.

https://www.outsideonline.com/1928476/new-science-concussion-recovery

Edited by cba fan
new info link

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

DD said that he would be out this week and Taylor would start because of Peterman's injury. Which turned out correct. Otherwise, Peterman wouldn't already be declared "out".

He also said it was much worse than they thought. Being on the practice field doesn't say that at all and Taylor is starting because he's now healthy irrespective of NP's availability per McDermott. 

4 minutes ago, cba fan said:

I would like to add there are studies noted on concussion treatment. The ones cited show it is better for the concussed player to take part in aerobic and cerebral practice activity after a concussion instead of bed rest or inactivity. Something with increased activity brain stimulus and increased blood flow to brain aids the recovery.

Of course this absolutely assumes concussed has no vertigo or headaches or vomiting etc etc that preclude this activity.

The NFL protocol dictates what they are allowed to do contingent upon what stage a player is in. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

He also said it was much worse than they thought. Being on the practice field doesn't say that at all and Taylor is starting because he's now healthy irrespective of NP's availability per McDermott. 

Eh, you're arguing semantics. DD said on Monday that Peterman is out this week for sure. And he's right about that. But he also said that if they lost then Peterman would start the last two games (before retracting that and saying Taylor would start the rest of the season regardless). So bad enough to keep him out this week, but not bad enough to keep him out longer than that.

I'm not DD's agent, have no idea if he's legit or not but so far I'm just impressed by his accuracy.

DOLPHINS AT BILLS

PickCenterbuf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Buffalo Bills

Injuries at quarterback and weather have made the Bills a difficult team to predict in recent weeks, but some normalcy should return Sunday. Tyrod Taylor is expected to start in a game that will feature temperatures in the mid-30s and only a slight chance of precipitation. Since Week 10, Taylor ranks 35th in yards per pass attempt (5.13), 28th in completion percentage (57.8) and 33rd in passer rating (69.8). Taylor seems to be headed in the wrong direction while the Dolphins have won back-to-back games. Kenyan Drake leads the NFL with 334 yards from scrimmage the past two weeks, while Jay Cutler has posted the 13th-best Total QBR (59.4). Dolphins 23, Bills 20 -- Mike Rodakmia.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins are coming off their most impressive win of the season in Monday's 27-20 victory over the Patriots. Miami is 2-0 in December, outscoring opponents 62-29, and is playing its best football. Meanwhile, the Bills have quarterback-injury issues and are sputtering down the stretch. It's a good time for the Dolphins to sneak out a tough road win. Dolphins 17, Bills 14 -- James Walker

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy