Chuck Pagano's Punt Was Worse Than Sean McDermott's

BuffaloRush

11 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I have to admit, I lost a lot of confidence in Sean McDermott today.  While many fans were grilling him for benching Tyrod for Peterman, I understood why that move could have been made - although it was a very bad move in hindsight.  

Today, I felt his punt call was absolutely terrible.  Honestly, it was worse that Rex's decision to punt vs. Miami last season and worse than some of the alarmingly conservative decisions to punt by Doug Marrone which literally cost the Bills some football games.  It was a miracle that Joe Webb was able to bail the Bills out today and I hope that it doesn't reinforce McDermott's conservative mindset, because if it does, this organization's in trouble.

But as bad as the call was on McDermott, I felt that Chuck Pagano's decision to punt right back was equally as bad.  Yet, I have heard no one criticize the coach on that choice.  Indianapolis is 3-9.  Does it really make a difference if they tie rather than lose?  Pagano is just going to fired anyway so who cares?   Surprisingly, I haven't heard any criticism of Pagano or the Colts.  If I am Jim Irsay, I would fire Pagano tomorrow

Well you obviously weren't at the same bar I was.  Pagano is terrible - if you're willing to pass the ball multiple times on that last drive (stopping the clock), then you have to commit to going for it every 4th down.  Even if you want to play for the tie, you should be running the ball.  We never would've had a chance if Pagano didn't make the exact worst possible combo of decisions.  

Pagano is a trainwreck for the Colts. I don't think any Colts fan wants him back next year.

I may be wrong, but I think Pagano called a TO or two at the end of the first half right we the Bills got the ball at our own 20 or whatever. We had a play of two for minimal gain and maybe he wanted to get the ball back? They didn't have all three TOs, so best case for the Colts was to stop us, we punt and they get the ball in their own end with 30 seconds and no TOs? What were they going to do with that? Anyhow, we needed all of the clock before half for the TD, which would not have been possible without the TOs. 

Was anyone else surprised they attempted the extra point after the penalty? I would have thought the odds of scoring from the 12 were still greater than a 43 yd kick.