Peterman - Bad Passes vs. Catchable Passes

Gugny

Just now, klos63 said:

I'm not bashing Peterman at all, actually bashing you a bit. How can you have any credibility in assessing QB play if you totally excuse 5 INT's= that's my only point. I hope Peterman does well when he plays, I hope Taylor does well when he plays. When TT plays poorly, I'll say it.

Learn to read. 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Who is ignoring what?  That was weeks ago.  It was a rookie's first start in which his line didn't do **** and his best receiver went out in the first quarter.  Let it go, dude.

I know it was his first start, I don't hold it against him, just thought it was a pretty ridiculous comment to say he hasn't made a bad throw yet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

maybe you should explain this comment :  To date I have seen no problem with accuracy, catchable balls

Again, I did not make that comment. Learn to read properly.   I made a comment against your comment. Never was defending the OPs comments. 

Edited by CircleTheWagons99

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It's obviously very early in his career and hoping he'll improve with each outing, but come on, he threw 5 INT's in 1 half. You can't just ignore that in his assessment to this point.

Eh, it's a bad outing by a rookie making his first start against what we now know is a dominant defense. Favre and Manning had 6 INT outings and that's when they were considered top 3 QBs in the league.

That same defense shut down Kirk Cousins today. Speaking of Cousins, I remember a 5 INT game by him in one of his first starts. Many Bills fans mocked those who thought he was a viable alternative to EJ Manwell after that outing. Now he's making roughly 25x what EJ is.

I'm not necessarily saying that Peterman will ever be on the level of those guys, but rather, I'm just saying you should never put too much stock in the performance of a guy in one half of a football game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Again learn to read. I did not post that. 

I stand corrected , you didn't write that, but you defended it  by responding to my comment, I went on with the thread talking with you assuming you wrote the initial comment.

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I stand corrected , you didn't write that, but you defended it  by responding to my comment, I went on with the thread talking with you assuming you wrote the initial comment.

I wrote it. I didn’t say he was the next coming, or his anticipation was flawless, or he had the  best pocket awareness. I said his accuracy and zip have not been a problem. 

13 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Again. I dont get these posters. Nate is a rookie, rookies make mistakes. Atleast his mistakes are not all on him and he is trying to do what a QB needs to do and throw the ball. I guess watching TT for 3 years has people scarred of throwing the ball and must love 3 and outs. Peterman may not pan out, probably wont, but all this bashing on a rookie making his first start is just stupid. And in the snow how many picks did he throw? I saw predictions that he would have at leadt 3 in the first half, how did that work out?

Amen ! Do the TT posters have blinders on or didn't they watch the Chargers game. The picks wee NOT all Peterman's fault.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'm not bashing Peterman at all, actually bashing you a bit. How can you have any credibility in assessing QB play if you totally excuse 5 INT's= that's my only point. I hope Peterman does well when he plays, I hope Taylor does well when he plays. When TT plays poorly, I'll say it.

How come you over look that 3 of the 5 INT's were not really his fault?

9 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

Last week versus New England     Tyrod        was 9 of 18 for 65 yards 0 TD and 1 INT

Today in miserable conditions      Peterman was 5 of 10 for 57 yards 1 TD and 0 INT

Peterman's stats were actually better than TT's

to reiterate -    4 of those were on the hands of his receivers.  

Rating of 100.8

I see improvement in PETERMAN every time he takes the field, imo has all the tools we need. I am not concerned about the playoffs this year. I would like to develop Peterman and maximize our draft choices and yes still take a quarterback as high as we can without giving up the farm.

• Like (+1) 1

He looked pretty good.   Most of his passes hit the receivers in the hands, the pass to clay was a little high and a little behind.   The two passes to Benjamin were beautiful and just the kind of passes you'd hope our QB's would throw to him.   Allow your true physical #1 to go up and get after it.

I hope he comes out of concussion protocol soon and starts next week for us.