Peterman - Bad Passes vs. Catchable Passes

Gugny

I appreciate everyone's feedback about Peterman's passes yesterday.

From the sounds of it, he threw accurately on most of his attempts, but the balls simply weren't caught - understandably so, with the weather conditions.

I think this is a great sign for Peterman and I hope he's cleared soon so he can start the remainder of the Bills' games.

Thanks again, everyone.

Go Bills!

13 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

Last week versus New England     Tyrod        was 9 of 18 for 65 yards 0 TD and 1 INT

Today in miserable conditions      Peterman was 5 of 10 for 57 yards 1 TD and 0 INT

Peterman's stats were actually better than TT's

Look, you don't like Taylor - Fine.

But you don't have to be such a weasel about it.

For instance,  lets re-write your little catechism above and do away with the fudging.  

Last week versus New England   :  Tyrod was 9 of 18 for 65 yards 0 TD and 1 INT

Last week versus New England   :    Nate was 6 of 15 for 50 yards 0 TD and 0 INT

Imagine that - an entirely different story! The Cult of Peterman has much to teach Taylor fans about the art of excuses and how to use selective statistics

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

I had to listen to the game on the radio today.

My question is specific to the "catchability" of Peterman's passes.  It sounded like a good percentage of his incompletions could have been caught.

This isn't meant to be a criticism to the receivers.  I simply would like to know if he threw good passes.  Obviously, with the weather they were enjoying, nothing was easy.

Thank you.

For all the talk of NP having a 'weak arm', all he seems to do is launch rockets which is why all our WR and TE seem to drop so many perfectly throw passes because they simply aren't used to it given TT's inaccuracy and not looking their direction.

This is why the only remote chance this team has of making the playoffs is sticking with NP the rest of the season if he's healthy and available.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

For all the talk of NP having a 'weak arm', all he seems to do is launch rockets which is why all our WR and TE seem to drop so many perfectly throw passes because they simply aren't used to it given TT's inaccuracy and not looking their direction.

This is why the only remote chance this team has of making the playoffs is sticking with NP the rest of the season if he's healthy and available.

Do you write Kim Jung Un's press releases too?  He shot an 18 at Augusta as well, right?

Look, the Chargers had no problem catching the passes he threw right at them.

Hiyooo!

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Do you write Kim Jung Un's press releases too?  He shot an 18 at Augusta as well, right?

Look, the Chargers had no problem catching the passes he threw right at them.

Hiyooo!

Have you watched the Chargers play recently, did you see what they also did to Dak Prescott and Kirk Cousins (both QB's most Bills fans would take in a heatbeat)

All I'm saying is that in hindsight his debut may not be so bad although and this kid was a gamer yesterday in some of the worst conditions any NFL game has ever been played in.

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

My question is specific to the "catchability" of Peterman's passes.  It sounded like a good percentage of his incompletions could have been caught.

This isn't meant to be a criticism to the receivers.  I simply would like to know if he threw good passes.  Obviously, with the weather they were enjoying, nothing was easy.

Thank you.

Every pass by Peterman hit the receivers in the hands. Might have still been a tough catch but he hit them on the hands. I thought he played exceptionally well in bad conditions.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Have you watched the Chargers play recently, did you see what they also did to Dak Prescott and Kirk Cousins (both QB's most Bills fans would take in a heatbeat)

All I'm saying is that in hindsight his debut may not be so bad although and this kid was a gamer yesterday in some of the worst conditions any NFL game has ever been played in.

So was Jacoby Brissett.  Big deal.  That game was all about the run--400 yards combined for both teams.  Otherwise, a punt fest.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

So was Jacoby Brissett.  Big deal.  That game was all about the run--400 yards combined for both teams.  Otherwise, a punt fest.

If NP didn't leave the game in the 3rd quarter doubt it would have come down to overtime and needing a miracle to win the game.

We all need to embrace NP as the starter the rest of this season and beyond. Because I still think chances are slim we going to land a blue chip QB in next years draft. We very well may draft another one but won't be until 2nd rounder or later to compete with NP.

He looked more comfortable playing.. But Hard to judge overall.. If he makes a mistake or 2 does the wheels come off like his 1st outing

Overall it was a thumbs up effort for NP.. wish he finshed that game

4 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If NP didn't leave the game in the 3rd quarter doubt it would have come down to overtime and needing a miracle to win the game.

We all need to embrace NP as the starter the rest of this season and beyond. Because I still think chances are slim we going to land a blue chip QB in next years draft. We very well may draft another one but won't be until 2nd rounder or later to compete with NP.

They punted the ball 5 times with Peterman in there.  And turned it over once on downs.

I know you're all in but...don't point to this game.

15 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

He had one that was a little high that wasn't caught and a few others I can understand the receivers dropping with how crap the visibility was but he could have had 2-3 more completions.

The one to Clay that was a little high was also very catchable and went right thru his hands. Similar to Zay's drop in Carolina. Let's not kid ourselves,  our wr's have had a higher than avg percentage of drops. Dimarco's drop pick 6 started the day off just peachy for Nate in Compton. Our wr's have to do a better job, especially early in a game.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

I was late to the game, so I missed the first drive and maybe the second as well.  Just about every pass I saw was what I'd call bad but catchable.  I.e., poorly placed, but close enough that the receiver could still get his hands on it to make a medium-to-hard catch.  In normal conditions, I'd fault the receiver at that point.  In those conditions, no fault on either end.

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

Thank you.

My biggest issue with some of Petermans passes is they are slow to get there some times.  I know he can zip it enough to get them there, but he's often throwing the pass to soft or weak and either puts the ball in a harder place to catch because of it or allows the defender to close and have a shot of making a play on the ball.  

Even some of his completed passes should have had more zip on them.  This is my biggest concern with him right now.  And I am not saying he can't do it, just saying he isn't doing it enough.  Ive seen him fire one in, but he's lobbing too many that should have had more zip to hit the open WR.  I particularly hate it when he does on outside routes, thats very dangerous territory to float a pass to.

Edited by Alphadawg7