When was the last time we played a Home game this important?

38 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

But that game was nothing like this one. We were almost done then. Now we are in the 6 seed.

6th seed?  http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture says 8?  Which isn't to say they're right, but how do we win the tiebreaker over Ravens and Chargers?  I've admittedly only looked at potential tiebreakers over the Ravens, assuming the Chargers take the division and the Chiefs end up 8-8

Edited by klumzyfule66

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It immediately came to mind as soon as the thread question was asked so I'm right there with you. 

:lol:  I knew someone was going to write it even before I finished reading the OT.

You had the quickest fingers.

...did you get called that a lot in high school?

:lol:

GO BILLS!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We were in 11th place in the afc going into that game and needed us to win out, Ravens to lose out, Dolphins to lose out and more...this is not the same 

You are right about this. That Miami game wasn’t as important as the upcoming home game.

That game last year needed a boatload of help, and even if we win the chances were slim to none to get in. 

We wouldn’t have gotten in regardless.

Very big games coming up.

To answer the question,yes last years game was meaningful to a degree,but this is way more meaningful at this point.

Edited by dlonce

11 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This game is going to kill us. I can’t believe the Steelers couldn’t win this game at home. Thought we could get a hole week of excitement...figures

Couldn't win what game?

1 hour ago, klumzyfule66 said:

6th seed?  http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture says 8?  Which isn't to say they're right, but how do we win the tiebreaker over Ravens and Chargers?  I've admittedly only looked at potential tiebreakers over the Ravens, assuming the Chargers take the division and the Chiefs end up 8-8

https://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Thank you. Just caught this in another thread. I'm counting the common opponents, since that will come in to play before strength of victory after all the games are played.  Good to know we will (likely) have that tiebreaker though if the Ravens lose one of the last two giving us equal common opponents record (assuming we sweep Miami).

Edited by klumzyfule66
  • Like (+1) 1

This game against the Fish has me very concerned.

They probably aren't winning tonight against the Pats on MNF, but we have struggled mightily against division teams and there has to be major red flags after barely beating a dome team at home yesterday. Especially one that is terrible and playing out the stretch with a lame duck head coach.

As hard as this is to admit, i hope tt is good to go, figure he will  play

hard to up his stock next season.

miami is very similar to the bills, and quite evenly matched, I really don't

think it's going to be easy to sweep them.

Edited by Albwan

11 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

This game against the Fish has me very concerned.

They probably aren't winning tonight against the Pats on MNF, but we have struggled mightily against division teams and there has to be major red flags after barely beating a dome team at home yesterday. Especially one that is terrible and playing out the stretch with a lame duck head coach.

The best team in the NFL could have easily lost to one of the worst teams in the NFL in those conditions. Anything could have happened, I have never seen it like that yesterday.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

So clearly the comparison of last years Dolphins game is not even close. We are IN the last playoff spot as of kick off. Who knows when the last time that was the case, this late in the season. This is the most important Bills home game since 2004. It’s a true chance to step towards changing this thing. The first step towards ending the drought, could be today. Hopefully the stadium will be as loud as it has ever been. The opportunity for us to be somebody is here...are we that same team we always are? Or is this team actually different this time? Go Bills!

On 12/10/2017 at 9:38 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We were in 11th place in the afc going into that game and needed us to win out, Ravens to lose out, Dolphins to lose out and more...this is not the same 

I agree. I'd say it's closer to 2004 vs PIT than 2016 vs MIA. Bills were alive, but a real long shot . 

I was under the impression that had Buffalo beat Miami and Jets last year a lot of other things would need to happen for Bills to make playoffs.  Everything, in fact, did fall into place and the Bills would would have been in the playoffs.  It became a mute point since Bills lost to Miami and then to the Jets and, by that time, no one was paying attention.

Edited by richardb1952

Just now, richardb1952 said:

I was under the impression that had Buffalo beat Miami and Jets last year everything, in fact, did fall into place and the Bills would would have been in the playoffs.  It became a mute point since Bills lost to Miami and then to the Jets but, by that time, no one was paying attention.

No one can hear you.