Carson Wentz has a torn ACL; out for the year

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Wasn't that the one when he scored the TD but it was called back for a hold, then he went off to get checked for a possible concussion after the scored the next TD? After the next play of course when they scored the TD (Can't take the chance and get him out after the hit, gotta wait til they score, the concussion will still be there)

I don't know if thats the one where he may have injured the ACL

That was the play, but he wasn’t being checked for a concussion, they were checking his knee. 

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Brutal! It was looking like a special year for the Eagles 

Damn! Was really excited for my boy this year, wanted him in the Super Bowl.

6 hours ago, kdiggz said:

All of these good QB's getting hurt and Brady is now in his 40's like he has some kind of forcefield around him.

German engineering.

12 hours ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

This is one of the reasons why I find it harder and harder to stay a football fan each year.  I know there are major injuries in every sport, including ACL tears, but the regularity in which they happen in the NFL makes it really difficult to invest much in the game.

I don't really pay the Eagles much heed, but this is one of the most exciting young players on one of the most exciting teams in the league.  

It wasnt a dirty hit. It was a freak injury. Why would this challenge your fandom?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

The Saints are now the team I think wins it all.  A little of that is hope too......because you know the Pats.

I agree the Saints could do it. I don’t trust the Vikes or Rams. Packers might get in with Rodgers back but they have no defense or running game. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree the Saints could do it. I don’t trust the Vikes or Rams. Packers might get in with Rodgers back but they have no defense or running game. 

I think the Saints are a complete team.  I think the Pats...again make the Super Bowl and I think the Saints are one of the teams that can beat them.

New England doesn't have speed at the linebacker position and the Saints use the RB in the passing game well.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

12 hours ago, White Linen said:

As a person I feel terrible for Wentz.  ACL injuries are too common.  

However I don't feel bad for their fans one bit.  We've gone through too much for me to sympathize with any fan base.  I'm not happy their going through it or wish it - but that's some small potatoes compared to my sports agony.  

me too.  it's tough to see such a young athlete take a step back.  as far as their fans...i just don't care.  i doubt anyone has felt to bad for bills fan any time recently, so !@#$ em.

6 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

The only bright spot in all this is if he tore his ACL, that means he got up and still threw a TD with a blown ACL. Dude is a warrior through and through.

that's pretty bad ass.