Got Snow Football Fever

Watching the highlights of this Bills win brought back some great memories for me of playing the game in WNY snow! It just added another dimension to paying it.

Be it collegiate or pickup game in the neighborhood, or even an NFL game, what's your favorite memories of a snow game you've been in, or watched. Feel free to include

the CFL if you wish.                             

I lost my son skiing when he was three years old.  It was in weather like this!!  It was at Holiday Valley, at night and in a blizzard.  The huge snow gun mounds  obscurred the terrain even more.  But those mounds were perfect for learning and braking his momentum.

I was pooping icicles! My God! he was just learning to  ski freely and I lose sight of him!  I am thinking: "Mama's gonna kill me!" :lol: Like that was what I was fearing the most.  How will I explain this fine mess!  Then I am thinking, what if he fell and ejected out of his binding in deep powder.  I had no doubt that he could staying skiing, but what if he had equipment issues, stuck in his tracks!

But... I drilled into his head, that if we EVER get separated, go down to a lift/operator/nearest downhill lift. I had to make that leap of faith that he was down run.  I skiied down to the triple chair (Hidden Valley portion, other side of Mardi Gras run) & there he was... Not a care in the world, wondering what took me so long.

I knew, if I skiied past him, or he was still up hill... I was up ***** crick without a paddle.  I'd have to shoot down, decide to wait, or go up hill again to make another pass down... What if he went into trees anf back to base???

I said 36 prayers to St. Anthony! Boy were we flirting with disaster.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois