Obligitory Peterman v. Taylor against Miami Thread

Woodman19

Who starts against Miami?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts against Miami?

• Tyrod Taylor
    • Nathan Peterman

1 minute ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I'm with you but I don't think the staff does.  I'm with y'all, I want to see Peterman the rest of the way but the question was what I think the staff will do.  I think they will play Taylor against our wishes.  

Considering they said all week that TT was making progress and could start, worst case he would be QB2, not being active says alot. 

2 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I'm with you but I don't think the staff does.  I'm with y'all, I want to see Peterman the rest of the way but the question was what I think the staff will do.  I think they will play Taylor against our wishes.  

Tyrod was basically a healthy scratch today for the record. He's done as a Buffalo Bill.

If Peterman is healthy, play him. The fact he had a better day in these conditions than Tyrod has had in perfect weather says enough.

The fact he throws to receivers instead of RBs says even more. If Benjamin ever gets healthy, he'll get a lot of looks with Peterman, and that's what we need.

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Tough call.  If you put Peterman back in, I don't think he did enough to win that in this snow bowl game.  I want to see more of Peterman but Taylor gives you the best chance to win.

If the Titans lose to Arizona, I put Taylor in cuz we're still in the hunt.  

IDK.  Peterman played OK today,  Made some nice throws TT just can't.  Tough call, but I go with whoever in more healthy.  Buffalo at least needs the THREAT of a passing game, which doesn't exist with Taylor.  Plus, everyone has plenty of tape on Tyrod and knows exactly what to expect, maybe not so much with the rookie Peterman??

46 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Who do you think gets the start for Miami assuming both Peterman and Tyrod are healthy?

I don't think it's a guarantee either are cleared this week. If both are healthy then Tyrod. If Taylor is limited mobility the Peterman. If one can't run and one can't get his head right, Joe Webb. 

My best guess is Peterman will be out there come Sunday with Tyrod still not mobile enough.

47 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Tough call.  If you put Peterman back in, I don't think he did enough to win that in this snow bowl game.  I want to see more of Peterman but Taylor gives you the best chance to win.

If the Titans lose to Arizona, I put Taylor in cuz we're still in the hunt.  

no way we beat Indy with TT.  Even Webb was eventually making better downfield passes (the one to Thompson).  Peterman  had the only drive this season where we started at our 20 and scored a TD.  

Tyrod.  Peterman is in concussion protocol.  He will be somewhat limited in the practice reps he can get this week even if he can move through the protocol as quickly as the rules allow.  Rookie QBs need their practice reps.  I'm hopeful about Peterman's development, and I want him to have a chance to get some playing time this season, but I want him to have a full week of preparation if he's going to start.  It's not like he has the muscle memory of a veteran.

39 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Look, all the recievers that were not good enough here for the golden boy TT are having good years so far. Goodwin had 100 yards today. Sooooo lets stop thinking TT is the best option moving forward. 

Goodwin is turning into a legit #1 WR for SF,  he's getting better every game.

Edited by Real McCoy

I believe Taylor will get the start.  He will be healed by then.  Peterman might still be dazed and confused.  McD also said that Taylor is the starter when healthy.  He could change that though. 

Just like this week... I honestly don't care who gets the start.  The odds that we get into the playoffs are slim to none so it no longer matters.  Also... we will either get a guy that is prone to not throwing the football or prone to bad decisions with the football.  That equally gives us about the same chance to lose IMO.