Bills vs. Colts Postgame

26CornerBlitz

18 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I said mostly meaningless. Way to go at the one thing in my post that you can argue with. If you think the Bills are going to make the playoffs this year, I have some swamp land to sell you. 

That’s not the point though, is it? The fact is this was anything BUT a meaningless win given the current AFC standings. Feel free to come back and gloat if we don’t make the playoffs, but on this date and time, it’s not meaningless in the least, let alone mostly.

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

They have a shot. 

I know most fans don't think too much of this team and how they got to this position, but the fact is they still have a shot.

You're right, they do. Just like last year. 

• Sad 1

This Adam Archuleta dude (color commentator) is a dim bulb. He had an instinctive reaction that the punt on 4th and 1 was the absolute wrong move (I agreed with the decision to punt, but reasonable minds can differ), but then couldn't articulate a single reason why it was wrong.  I guess that's why he's on the C team for CBS, but seriously bad stuff. 

As far as the call itself - Joe Webb is your QB, you have a great defense, it's a blizzard and you can pin the COLTS deep in their own territory.  This was not a bad decision or lucky in any respect.  Fans always want the more aggressive decisions to be made because - let's be honest - its more fun to watch. McDermott made the correct call and it was reflected in the final score, which was not a fluke. 

Just now, K-9 said:

That’s not the point though, is it? The fact is this was anything BUT a meaningless win given the current AFC standings. Feel free to come back and gloat if we don’t make the playoffs, but on this date and time, it’s not meaningless in the least, let alone mostly.

the whole point to my comment is that it was against the Colts, and therefore mostly meaningless. Not against a team that matters. 

I'm a Bills fan and want them to win. But I want them to have a coach with balls who knows about EV and when to go for it, too. 

And the Bills have a very small chance at making the playoffs at 9-7. I hope they do. But I'm not holding my breath. 

2 minutes ago, ksm27 said:

This Adam Archuleta dude (color commentator) is a dim bulb. He had an instinctive reaction that the punt on 4th and 1 was the absolute wrong move (I agreed with the decision to punt, but reasonable minds can differ), but then couldn't articulate a single reason why it was wrong.  I guess that's why he's on the C team for CBS, but seriously bad stuff. 

As far as the call itself - Joe Webb is your QB, you have a great defense, it's a blizzard and you can pin the COLTS deep in their own territory.  This was not a bad decision or lucky in any respect.  Fans always want the more aggressive decisions to be made because - let's be honest - its more fun to watch. McDermott made the correct call and it was reflected in the final score, which was not a fluke. 

So if I hit on 18 in blackjack against a dealer 6, and I pull a 3, was it the right decision?

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

the whole point to my comment is that it was against the Colts, and therefore mostly meaningless. Not against a team that matters. 

I'm a Bills fan and want them to win. But I want them to have a coach with balls who knows about EV and when to go for it, too. 

And the Bills have a very small chance at making the playoffs at 9-7. I hope they do. But I'm not holding my breath. 

AFC opponent when the better conference record is more than likely to be the first tie breaker. Again, this was the antithesis to a meaningless game on any level, let alone mostly.

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

AFC opponent when the better conference record is more than likely to be the first tie breaker. Again, this was the antithesis to a meaningless game on any level, let alone mostly.

fine, it's not meaningless. Happy? How about now looking at the rest of my post now/ Is that possible? 

15 minutes ago, ksm27 said:

Really disagree. That decision worked out but it was a piss poor decision that Thompson bailed him out on.

3rd string QB and Dennison was finally getting slightly creative on a drive we were moving the ball with some runs by that 3rd string guy. You're left with a 4th and 1, decide to punt, use one of only 2 timeouts, and still punt.

Loved the guts and grit and even playfulness of our players today, but McDermott and Dennison really had some bad coaching.

Onto next week though. Still in this baby!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

yeah, scoreboard - woo hoo! We beat the Colts! In a mostly meangingless game. If McD had gone for it, and the Bills didn't get the first down, I'd actually be happier than I am now. It would tell me we had a keeper. A coach who knows when to go for it and win the damn game. And I'll be looking forward to next year.

How do you think that same situation would go against the Pats or the Steelers or the Seahawks?

One rule of thumb in football is this: if the opposing team is about to do something that makes you feel relieved, then it's the wrong decision. What do you think Colts fans were thinking when McD chose to punt? "Holy crap! He's giving us a chance to win without going for it! Yay punt!" Do you think any Colts fan wanted to see the Bills go for it there?

Hell no. 

One thing I will never understand about coaches who "punt it and count on our defense to get a stop," is:

If you're so confident in your defense, why not go for it in the first place, and then if you don't get it, count on them to stop the other team? 

Armchair Hardoos always know better than professional coaches. 

Armchair hardooooooo....