Bills vs. Colts Postgame

26CornerBlitz

I disagree.  The weather dictated what happened in this game.  Sure the punt is a questionable call, but no one got 'out coached', one team outlasted the other.  The norm gets thrown out the window in games like this.

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

Never thought I'd see a game where a Bills team was out-coached bu Chuck !@#$ing Pagano. 

Pagano played to win. McD played not to lose. and got lucky. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Never thought I'd see a game where a Bills team was out-coached bu Chuck !@#$ing Pagano. 

The goof tried to kick the game winning FG in regulation from a distance instead of trying to get closer.  For no reason lol

One of the craziest games of the drought.

• blizzard conditions
  • Peterman KO'd
  • Refs screw the Colts on 2 pointer that would have sealed the win
  • 43 yard extra point that hooks 10 yards and in
  • 3rd string QB is picked with less than a minute left
  • Missed FG sends it to OT
  • McD's disgraceful punt decision
  • Gore sets a record for most carries by an ancient RB
  • Thompson's snow cone catch
  • Shady's run to put him over 1000 and seal the win with a great TD
  • snow celebration
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

not really. Pagano punted more. And we were going for it early. 

yeah, scoreboard - woo hoo! We beat the Colts! In a mostly meangingless game. If McD had gone for it, and the Bills didn't get the first down, I'd actually be happier than I am now. It would tell me we had a keeper. A coach who knows when to go for it and win the damn game. And I'll be looking forward to next year.

How do you think that same situation would go against the Pats or the Steelers or the Seahawks?

One rule of thumb in football is this: if the opposing team is about to do something that makes you feel relieved, then it's the wrong decision. What do you think Colts fans were thinking when McD chose to punt? "Holy crap! He's giving us a chance to win without going for it! Yay punt!" Do you think any Colts fan wanted to see the Bills go for it there?

Hell no. 

One thing I will never understand about coaches who "punt it and count on our defense to get a stop," is:

If you're so confident in your defense, why not go for it in the first place, and then if you don't get it, count on them to stop the other team? 

Edited by Domdab99
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

The goof tried to kick the game winning FG in regulation from a distance instead of trying to get closer.  For no reason lol

I see what you mean here, but they had no TOs left and might have been able to get to the line of scrimmage and clock the ball after one more play. I see why he did it, but a good team could've gotten a couple more plays off, yes.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

yeah, scoreboard - woo hoo! We beat the Colts! In a mostly meangingless game. If McD had gone for it, and the Bills didn't get the first down, I'd actually be happier than I am now. It would tell me we had a keeper. A coach who knows when to go for it and win the damn game. And I'll be looking forward to next year.

How do you think that same situation would go against the Pats or the Steelers or the Seahawks?

One rule of thumb in football is this: if the opposing team is about to do something that makes you feel relieved, then it's the wrong decision. What do you think Colts fans were thinking when McD chose to punt? "Holy crap! He's giving us a chance to win without going for it! Yay punt!" Do you think any Colts fan wanted to see the Bills go for it there?

Hell no. 

One thing I will never understand about coaches who "punt it and count on our defense to get a stop," is:

If you're so confident in your defense, why not go for it in the first place, and then if you don't get it, count on them to stop the other team? 

How is this game meaningless? If Baltimore loses, the Bills are tied with them.

I understand how you feel, but to say this game is meaningless is just dumb.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

One of the craziest games of the drought.

• blizzard conditions
  • Peterman KO'd
  • Refs screw the Colts on 2 pointer that would have sealed the win
  • 43 yard extra point that hooks 10 yards and in
  • 3rd string QB is picked with less than a minute left
  • Missed FG sends it to OT
  • McD's disgraceful punt decision
  • Gore sets a record for most carries by an ancient RB
  • Thompson's snow cone catch
  • Shady's run to put him over 1000 and seal the win with a great TD
  • snow celebration

This game was good fun all around. and adventure of sorts !

• Like (+1) 1