Gutless Call to Punt

ChicagoRic

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's lucky that Brissett was inaccurate on a pass to a wide open Colts' receiver before they punted back to the Bills. 

Ok. Be angry all you want. The Bills could have been stuffed on 4th, who knows.

It was likely they would get the ball back with the conditions .

Edited by TheTruthHurts

5 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I disagree. I don't think it was the right call even though they won. Chances of Joe Webb completing a 50 yard bomb to Thompson is highly unlikely. That was the play that made the punt look like the right decision

I can’t believe people are defending the call. If deonte doesn’t make a miraculous catch, that game is a tie and we are out of the playoffs today. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, zow2 said:

I loved seeing that term “McGutless” and I love that it blew up in the original posters face. McD made the right call there 

I'm a McD fan and I don't think that was the right call. If anything, THATS the time for Toldozer. 

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I can’t believe people are defending the call. If deonte doesn’t make a miraculous catch, that game is a tie and we are out of the playoffs today. 

Because on the interweb people love it when they are right and can throw it in your face and say "See!!! Told ya so!"

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

It was likely they would get the ball back with the conditions .

That's what I was thinking on their entire TD drive. We'll get the ball back, no way they drive the field. 3rd and 8 converted. 3rd and 10 converted. First down by penalty. Two fourth down conversions.  Did you also think that those were likely?

(and OT was the best weather of the entire game)

2 minutes ago, Hawaii50 said:

Gotta give the coach credit when it works out.  I didn't agree when he did it.  However, he played the odds and won.  Guess that's why he gets paid the big bucks!

Wrong the Odds were to go for it

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

That's what I was thinking on their entire TD drive. We'll get the ball back, no way they drive the field. 3rd and 8 converted. 3rd and 10 converted. First down by penalty. Two fourth down conversions.  Did you also think that those were likely?

(and OT was the best weather of the entire game)

You thought they could do all that again after watching that game?

I think win % was about the same with going for it or punting. Me personally , I go for it.